• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
OK. First off America is not God. There are protestors who have knelt in front of a moving object to stop it. Obstruction is not respectful and there have been instances of this happening

2nd question. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-ground/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.30c151cceae9. The Shaun White wearing of the flag. People were upset.

3rd question. Social media has really been cranked up only the last few years and youtube hasn't been around forever. When you talking about sponsers I guess you talking about Nike but yet you seem upset that they used their freedom of speech.

4th question. Why is it disrespectful. I've already said before I cant think of a country that doesn't stand for their national anthem. Why do you think the Ravens didn't kneel during the British national anthem? They didn't want to disrespect. You kneel in some countries you going to jail or perhaps be shot. Try it in the Phillipines. Hell maybe when they're kneeling they're disrespecting the aspects of kneeling lol.

5th question about impacting lives. I don't know. Ask the guys at Benghazi or served in the Vietnam War. Or the police. You think they like being protested thru the flag. It must be impactful to them since they turning off the tv and burning shoes.

On a sidenote. Kneeling has not stopped me from watching football. I do wish they would stop tho. Its gotten to the point of ridiculousness.

What's funny about the kneeling was that the idea to kneel came from a Green Beret who said that kneeling is respectful........................

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What's funny about the kneeling was that the idea to kneel came from a Green Beret who said that kneeling is respectful........................

which is why when people pretend he's disrespecting vets and the flag or whatever - it seems crazy to me - kaep originally was just gonna sit and not draw attention to himself but the vet told him that they kneel for fallen friends and that it was an ultimate sign of respect...

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
which is why when people pretend he's disrespecting vets and the flag or whatever - it seems crazy to me - kaep originally was just gonna sit and not draw attention to himself but the vet told him that they kneel for fallen friends and that it was an ultimate sign of respect...

amazing how that works

Tank

Hall of Famer
upload_2018-9-9_19-6-27.jpeg

Tank

Hall of Famer
Did a police officer tell him that wearing pig socks is the ultimate complement to the law enforcement community? lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The last thing this country needs is more hate. What a lot of you fail to realize on both sides is that your immediate response to things that you may disagree with is anger.

It's a you problem more than anything else....This Green Beret acknowledges all of that in the letter if any of you decide to read it.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Pretend??? Originally gonna sit??? He did sit and he was noticed immediately. Cuz of all the flak the veteran suggested to try kneeling. You got your facts all screwed up.

“I suggested kneeling, because people kneel to pray; we’ll kneel in front of a fallen brother’s grave.”

He's not praying man. He's not showing respect according to a lot of other military vets. It was a suggestion to try something different and make it not look as bad.. No more no less.

One man's opinion is not gospel.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
325px-Charlottesville_%27Unite_the_Right%27_Rally_%2835780274914%29_crop.jpg

I think people that criticize kaep kneeling and then are silent with stuff like this should really take a step back and think. That's all I will say

So you saying people that criticize Kaep are racist?? That's low man.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
So you saying people that criticize Kaep are racist?? That's low man.

Where did I say that? I said that if they criticized kaep AND were silent about the stuff in the picture above. If you aren't criticizing kaep or you have a problem with people waving around a nazi flag then we are good(Shouldn't be hard to denounce nazis but you would be surprised). It is those who do both I have issue with as I said in my post above.

On another note, please don't put words in my mouth that I did not post.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Where did I say that? I said that if they criticized kaep AND were silent about the stuff in the picture above. If you aren't criticizing kaep or you have a problem with people waving around a nazi flag then we are good(Shouldn't be hard to denounce nazis but you would be surprised). It is those who do both I have issue with as I said in my post above.

On another note, please don't put words in my mouth that I did not post.

Well I'm sure that's a fraction of a fraction of 1%. I've never said Kaep didn't have 1st amendment rights to kneel and Nazis are hated by everyone.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Well I'm sure that's a fraction of a fraction of 1%. I've never said Kaep didn't have 1st amendment rights to kneel and Nazis are hated by everyone.

Again putting words in my mouth. When did I even bring up the first amendment? I said if people criticized kaep and were silent on the other stuff. We aren't talking about kaep being thrown in jail for what he did or having to face penalties from the government, of course he shouldn't. That shouldn't even be a question.

As for this 1% of 1%, you'd be surprised. Trump calls NFL players protesting SOBs(So you know he is fired up about this stuff) but I haven't seen him use near that language when talking about these people. Kinda weird for Trump of all people to be all wishy washy when talking about them right? All those folks standing around the guy seemed to have no problem with it either, wonder how those people feel about kaep.

I haven't accused you of anything and yet here you are acting so defensively, why is that I wonder?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
This thread is an abomination. I request that everyone who’s ever posted in here be permanently banned. Including myself. Gotta take one for the team. It’s for the greater good.

LMFAOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.