• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yang won't, he doesn't like and doesn't participate in the name calling and "show" these politicians put on. He gets straight to business, that is what I wan't.
And one of the reasons that he and many others have zero chance. CNN is all about the “show”. They conduct these farcical events give the entertainers more time cut off the boring (sensible) commentary. They sway TV viewers with what feels to me to be a stocked studio audience (I mean do they have applause signs?). It’s a travesty.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Sad to see another shooting in Texas followed by one in Ohio. What is it we have to do to stop mass shootings? This is ridiculous.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sad to see another shooting in Texas followed by one in Ohio. What is it we have to do to stop mass shootings? This is ridiculous.

I think it is clear that we have a problem in America. America is showing you just how angry she really is.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Last edited:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mental illness. We need to find a way to better identify folks in trouble and help them before these things happen.

Tragically coincidental a woman that I know and have worked with in the past was murdered Friday night along with her husband by their son in law.
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...ounty/65-9c611ab4-65e2-41a4-8f48-38cdbf68c1ea

Sorry to hear that Tank. My sympathies.

On the shootings its extremely sad but really the political divide just has so much to do with what goes on. The police first and foremost deserve the ultimate respect for what they do. In El Paso they arrived in 6 minutes. In Dayton under one minute which is absolutely remarkable. The absolute disrespect that has been shown in the past is disgusting.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

On the shootings its extremely sad but really the political divide just has so much to do with what goes on. The police first and foremost deserve the ultimate respect for what they do. In El Paso they arrived in 6 minutes. In Dayton under one minute which is absolutely remarkable. The absolute disrespect that has been shown in the past is disgusting.

You're right about the political divide and there is a BIG common theme with a lot of these shooters.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
You're right about the political divide and there is a BIG common theme with a lot of these shooters.

True its seems like its hate crimes and I know Trump will be mainly blamed but I also look at the left with their white privilege bullshit and what they accuse people of.

I wish there was a way to make these hate organazations accountable. Like saying their accessories to a crime at a minimum but dammit theres gotta be something done.

I know. Tired of hearing how there is nothing we can do. While no measure will completely stop it doing nothing is not an option. Mental health awareness and scaling back the level of the firepower allowed is a good start.

No doubt the political divide is making things much worse in many ways. That divide is being driven by a media that thrives on controversy and amplifying the extremes is damaging but it’s good for business. Sickens me.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
No doubt the political divide is making things much worse in many ways. That divide is being driven by a media that thrives on controversy and amplifying the extremes is damaging but it’s good for business. Sickens me.

Yeah its gotten to the point where common sense and good ol research is what needs to be relied on. Trust your own judgement and take everything with a grain of salt. I most definitely trust right of center news more but I've also caught em in lack of facts/exaggeration.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Yep, it sucks that ALL policemen and policewomen get a bad rap because of a few bad apples that shouldn't even be officers to begin with. Seeing how some of these officers overreact and don't know how to handle a situation is quite scary when their job is to protect us and they can't even do that.

True its seems like its hate crimes and I know Trump will be mainly blamed but I also look at the left with their white privilege bullshit and what they accuse people of.

I wish there was a way to make these hate organizations accountable. Like saying their accessories to a crime at a minimum but dammit theres gotta be something done.

This is the thing that gets me the most, I don't care about the race of someone who decides to kill people. The race of the shooter is not important, it overshadows the fact that someone just killed people for no reason at all. The media and the left created all this bullshit because as I said before, they lost the election and couldn't get over it.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well here's the part where they try to blame something else for why the shooter did what he did. Violent Video Games. Even though in this article it says the El Paso shooter was motivated by hate of hispanic people, let's blame video games. Of course, Democrats reacted to the shootings by saying we need to tighten gun control by having more laws.

Neither of those have anything to do with the actual issue. The people who run this country are idiots.

“I’ve always felt that is a problem for future generations and others,” McCarthy said. Studies have “shown before what it does to individuals. When you look at these photos of how (the El Paso shooting) took place, you can see the actions within video games and others.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/shooting-video-games-mccarthy_n_5d46fc75e4b0ca604e339cc9

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yep, it sucks that ALL policemen and policewomen get a bad rap because of a few bad apples that shouldn't even be officers to begin with. Seeing how some of these officers overreact and don't know how to handle a situation is quite scary when their job is to protect us and they can't even do that.

This is the thing that gets me the most, I don't care about the race of someone who decides to kill people. The race of the shooter is not important, it overshadows the fact that someone just killed people for no reason at all. The media and the left created all this bullshit because as I said before, they lost the election and couldn't get over it.

Race matters if the shooter says he is motivated by it........

We don't need the media to tell us that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

I wish there was a way to make these hate organazations accountable. Like saying their accessories to a crime at a minimum but dammit theres gotta be something done.

I know. Tired of hearing how there is nothing we can do. While no measure will completely stop it doing nothing is not an option. Mental health awareness and scaling back the level of the firepower allowed is a good start.

I mean other countries have mental health issues

It’s a common refrain from conservative (and other) voices in America post-mass shooting and it’s frankly a ridiculous point because inevitably it just scapegoats people with health issues for the real issue at the heart of the majority of these shootings which is white supremacy and the way it brainwashes a particular type of vulnerable individual and on a consistent basis turns them into mass murderers based on that ideology - there are 2 clear issues in the vast majority of these incidents: guns and white supremacy and you’re current leaders seem to want to do nothing about either of these problems beyond the usual empty thoughts and prayers

You might not want trump to build the wall because it’ll trap you in a country full of terrorists

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
To be clear, I don't think our love of guns is the issue. Neither is video games which is the favorite talking point of the Left (Guns) and apparently somebody(s) on the Right (Video Games or God)

APPARENTLY.

Keyword ladies.

Tank

Hall of Famer
During his speech last night Ed Reed expressed condolences to the victims of the shootings and their families while also stressing the need for finding a way to help those with mental health issues that lead to carrying out such unthinkable acts.

It’s pretty much just common sense to understand the fact that someone who carries out a mass shooting is mentally ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.