• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
It is wait and see on Jackson's progression and development. He does now have an ample cast of pass catchers to throw to. There is respectable balance of rushers with the addition of Ingram to complement Edwards.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
his body seems pretty much done. this ain't the mcphee of even a couple of seasons ago ( which btw is better than za;darius ever was)

Shane Rays wrist

McPhee's knees.

what has the best chance?

Im not sure if this opinion is based on film study or not. From what I have seen from Pernell Mcphee on film from last year as a Redskin , it doesnt seem like Mcphee looks likes a player that should call it quits.He may not be the Mcphee of old but I think if The Ravens can keep him fresh then he could end up being a steal.

Shane Ray is defintely younger and much expolsive than Mcphee. The question is can he set the edge, can he cover, and can he display on field intelligence. Thats something Mcphee displayed last year with The Redskins. Not that he's Terrell Suggs but Mcphee has shown that he can handle every down responsiblites and make plays that dont show up on the stat sheet.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
looking at more tape and seeing more of the stuff floating around so far around OTAs - i really wonder if tyus bowser's roster spot is in trouble
Judon's a lock
Ferguson's a lock
Shane Ray's been running with the 1s and looks violent and fast
Timmy's looked good so far and has shown the ability to do well in the regular season
Mcphee's the only real replacement stylistically for ZDS

and im not sure we keep more than 5 OLBs which would leave Bowser on the outside looking in... I think his best bet is going to be smashing it on special teams (him and timmy both)

Charm City

Pro Bowler
looking at more tape and seeing more of the stuff floating around so far around OTAs - i really wonder if tyus bowser's roster spot is in trouble
Judon's a lock
Ferguson's a lock
Timmy's looked good so far and has shown the ability to do well in the regular season

and im not sure we keep more than 5 OLBs which would leave Bowser on the outside looking in... I think his best bet is going to be smashing it on special teams (him and timmy both)
We only have two definite ILBs. His spot on the roster could be there along with ST. I could see him filling in the spot left by Albert McClellan.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Judon's a lock
Ferguson's a lock

We might make room for 6 OLB's by keeping 3 RB's with one on the practice squad(Delance Turner?) and/or 3 TE's. He's a good teams player and he could easily be a special "hybrid" type. He has such rare ability in coverage along with (hopefully) upside as an edge guy.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
We might make room for 6 OLB's by keeping 3 RB's with one on the practice squad(Delance Turner?) and/or 3 TE's. He's a good teams player and he could easily be a special "hybrid" type. He has such rare ability in coverage along with (hopefully) upside as an edge guy.
We need probably 4 TE, just for S.T. purposes. Unless Hurst or Andrews are comfortable playing Maxx Williams' role(taking the OT spot)
In my eyes Tyus gone or needs to improve significantly on special teams and as OLB. Don't forget about Board. DeLance has special teams ability which Gus and Dixon haven't shown yet.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We need probably 4 TE, just for S.T. purposes. Unless Hurst or Andrews are comfortable playing Maxx Williams' role(taking the OT spot)
In my eyes Tyus gone or needs to improve significantly on special teams and as OLB. Don't forget about Board. DeLance has special teams ability which Gus and Dixon haven't shown yet.
unless Tyus plays more of an ILB spot this season, then I see him being traded or cut. At this point, it's just a numbers game and he has been a major disappointment.

What's the deal with Bowser? How can you draft a guy in the second round with apparently no plan for how he fits the team? What was he *supposed* to be here? He doesn't look like an edge rusher.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What's the deal with Bowser? How can you draft a guy in the second round with apparently no plan for how he fits the team? What was he *supposed* to be here? He doesn't look like an edge rusher.
In Ozzie's call to him he asked him if he would like to be a Sam for the Ravens or something like that. He was drafted to be a Sam backer, not primarily an edge rusher.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
In Ozzie's call to him he asked him if he would like to be a Sam for the Ravens or something like that. He was drafted to be a Sam backer, not primarily an edge rusher.
I don't believe he's ever been used that way or has he? Was there a disconnect between Ozzie and Harbaugh? I'm lost because too many 2nd round picks are going bust! And oh by the way, that is one of the reason I feel strongly about his year is that we didn't have a 2nd round pick to fuck up! laugh out loud!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't believe he's ever been used that way or has he? Was there a disconnect between Ozzie and Harbaugh? I'm lost because too many 2nd round picks are going bust! And oh by the way, that is one of the reason I feel strongly about his year is that we didn't have a 2nd round pick to fuck up! laugh out loud!
he definitely hasn't been used the way Ozzie drafted him for