• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Media Mock Central

A1A

Veteran
well if all the wrs that might go in the 1st go ahead of us then that means some crazy talent at some other position is slipping down to us at 22

Fingers crossed that it's a position of need. I see alot of mocks with Murray going early which I dont see happening also the QB from Duke which I also don't see happening. Fant and Irvin may fall out of the first round completely.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I've been a fan since our superbowl run in 2000 when I started playing football for the first time. I've remained a loyal patient fan through Anthony Wright, #7, McNair (RIP), BB, Hymes, I was there during Musa Smith's leg break, Suggs finger tip touching #12's helmet and get a flag on 4th down. I was there to see Rice run up the middle and quiet Foxboro. Again I've seen it all...after watching coach dismantle the best team we ever had yea I took a slight hiatus. I bet alot of true fans feel the same way. I'm not wrong here just look at the rest of the league laughing at the extension. Oh and the idea that we dont want to trade Flacco within the AFC out of fear lol!! We gave Harbaugh a 4 year contract (1 year because we won the division and we have to look good contract). If we miss the playoffs hes done.
Well I can promise you everyone here hasn’t taken a hiatus from following the ravens

Reactions: A1A

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I've been a fan since our superbowl run in 2000 when I started playing football for the first time. I've remained a loyal patient fan through Anthony Wright, #7, McNair (RIP), BB, Hymes, I was there during Musa Smith's leg break, Suggs finger tip touching #12's helmet and get a flag on 4th down. I was there to see Rice run up the middle and quiet Foxboro. Again I've seen it all...after watching coach dismantle the best team we ever had yea I took a slight hiatus. I bet alot of true fans feel the same way. I'm not wrong here just look at the rest of the league laughing at the extension. Oh and the idea that we dont want to trade Flacco within the AFC out of fear lol!! We gave Harbaugh a 4 year contract (1 year because we won the division and we have to look good contract). If we miss the playoffs hes done.
Hiatus? A true fan?
And you have the audacity to argue your "opinion" even if, by your own admission, you haven't watched the Ravens all that much? foh

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
well if all the wrs that might go in the 1st go ahead of us then that means some crazy talent at some other position is slipping down to us at 22
This is the reason I’m cool picking at 22. Typically good talent will slip.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Matt Miller has us taking:

1st rd: D.K. Metcalf (WR) Ole Miss - Cody Ford went 1 pick later to the Texans
3rd rd: Devin Singletary (RB) FAU
4th rd: Beau Benzschawel (OG) Wisconsin
5th rd: Cameron Smith (LB) USC
6th rd: Jordan Brailford (EDGE) Oklahoma State
6th rd: Blace Brown (CB) Troy

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

I could live with it, also I'd take a RB much lower and a EDGE instead. Banogu and Walker were available, two heavily underrated guys.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I could live with it, also I'd take a RB much lower and a EDGE instead. Banogu and Walker were available, two heavily underrated guys.
A RB I like in the later rounds is Devine Ozigbo. Fast guy, every down back, catches well out of the backfield, although only basic routes.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

I really like this and would be ecstatic. Surprized Brailford would fall that far. Really covers all the bases except safety. We'll end up with more picks than this tho. I see at least 8 or 9.

Is Metcalf better than Deebo?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really like this and would be ecstatic. Surprized Brailford would fall that far. Really covers all the bases except safety. We'll end up with more picks than this tho. I see at least 8 or 9.

Is Metcalf better than Deebo?
He has more potential, but Deebo is more likely to be successful, in my opinion. Personally, I'd take Deebo for us. I'd actually probably take Harmon over Metcalf too.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
You sure there would be an edge rusher in 3rd as good as Singletary is at RB?
I don't really care that Singletary is a good RB, I don't want a RB early. We could take Forrest Gump and make him a 1000 yards rusher in this scheme. Not investing in the pass rush could kill this team next year or the year after.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't really care that Singletary is a good RB, I don't want a RB early. We could take Forrest Gump and make him a 1000 yards rusher in this scheme. Not investing in the pass rush could kill this team next year or the year after.
With a limited qb like lamar I want a guy who doesn’t just rack up 1000 in our scheme, I want a guy who will make the absolute most out of this scheme, a guy who make plays in any scheme but completely take over the game in ours.

I want an elite RB on this team more than anything aside from an elite C

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
With a limited qb like lamar I want a guy who doesn’t just rack up 1000 in our scheme, I want a guy who will make the absolute most out of this scheme, a guy who make plays in any scheme but completely take over the game in ours.

I want an elite RB on this team more than anything aside from an elite C
Okay but why? Why want a one dimensionnal offense when you could build a whole passing offense around Lamar and force DCs to make decisions and leave favorable matchups all over the map? Why do people think that investing a 3rd on a RB is going to put this offense over the top when in all reality it'll give us maybe a 1500 yard rusher compared to 1100 for Dixon or Gus? It's as low a return on investment as you could get. Getting an outside threat to consistently win the 1vs1 that this offense is going to give is definitely going to make a bigger impact for the offense.
And, well, do I really need to argue that pass rusher is an absolute need?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Okay but why? Why want a one dimensionnal offense when you could build a whole passing offense around Lamar and force DCs to make decisions and leave favorable matchups all over the map? Why do people think that investing a 3rd on a RB is going to put this offense over the top when in all reality it'll give us maybe a 1500 yard rusher compared to 1100 for Dixon or Gus? It's as low a return on investment as you could get. Getting an outside threat to consistently win the 1vs1 that this offense is going to give is definitely going to make a bigger impact for the offense.
Can't draft for need in round 3, unless someone like Houston smokes weed and that drops him down the board. Who cares about the project pass rusher if there's a better player available - just take the best guy.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Can't draft for need in round 3, unless someone like Houston smokes weed and that drops him down the board. Who cares about the project pass rusher if there's a better player available - just take the best guy.
Well I'm taking D'andre Walker or Ben Banogu before Devin Singletary everyday of the month. I don't even think Singletary is special.

Also, we will be able to mitigate some needs through FA this year, which will further improve our chances to have a BPA oriented approach.
And Singletary vision/elusiveness is a great upgrade over what we have now at the position. He ain't no Barkley but I'm def happy if he's there in the 3rd

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Because you’re a shit ton more likely to get a stud/gamebreaker/blue chip rb in the third than any other position, this wr class is laughable and I have 0 hope that we can find that guy in the third, and a rb is gonna touch the ball so much in this offense that you want that guy to do as much damage as possible because lamar is gonna have to be limited as a passer at least for a few more years.

If you can get a wr in the first, or a pass rusher, do it, but chasing “our guy” in the third when that player doesn’t even exist is just poor use of picks. In a bad wr class I’m not reaching for one in the third.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Also, we will be able to mitigate some needs through FA this year, which will further improve our chances to have a BPA oriented approach.
And Singletary vision/elusiveness is a great upgrade over what we have now at the position. He ain't no Barkley but I'm def happy if he's there in the 3rd
I think we address safety and pass rush in FA too, really strong FA class for both. I think this leaves our first round pick to go after a WR, any one of Deebo, harmon, butler, or arcega-whiteside would be a good pickup for me, many of them could even be had after a hefty trade back.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Because you’re a shit ton more likely to get a stud/gamebreaker/blue chip rb in the third than any other position, this wr class is laughable and I have 0 hope that we can find that guy in the third, and a rb is gonna touch the ball so much in this offense that you want that guy to do as much damage as possible because lamar is gonna have to be limited as a passer at least for a few more years.

If you can get a wr in the first, or a pass rusher, do it, but chasing “our guy” in the third when that player doesn’t even exist is just poor use of picks. In a bad wr class I’m not reaching for one in the third.
I see the WR class as much better, both at the top and in terms of depth, as the RB class. The RB class is shitty and I'm taking Dixon before all of them except Jacobs and Montgomery, Henderson and maaaayyyyyybe Harris. On the other hand you could easily give a massive boost to the WR group with an early pick and a later one. I'll say it again, Singletary isn't anything great and behind him it's laughable. So no, I'm not touching a RB in the third.