• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Media Mock Central

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Because you’re a shit ton more likely to get a stud/gamebreaker/blue chip rb in the third than any other position, this wr class is laughable and I have 0 hope that we can find that guy in the third, and a rb is gonna touch the ball so much in this offense that you want that guy to do as much damage as possible because lamar is gonna have to be limited as a passer at least for a few more years.

If you can get a wr in the first, or a pass rusher, do it, but chasing “our guy” in the third when that player doesn’t even exist is just poor use of picks. In a bad wr class I’m not reaching for one in the third.
I don't believe that. We'll see a lot of improvement much earlier than most people expect.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I see the WR class as much better, both at the top and in terms of depth, as the RB class. The RB class is shitty and I'm taking Dixon before all of them except Jacobs and Montgomery, Henderson and maaaayyyyyybe Harris. On the other hand you could easily give a massive boost to the WR group with an early pick and a later one. I'll say it again, Singletary isn't anything great and behind him it's laughable. So no, I'm not touching a RB in the third.
I guess we view this class differently then, and also view the importance of a rb differently. The ravens haven’t been good since we had an elite rb, Chiefs probably end up making the SB with Kareem hunt, the rams were completely lost with gurley hurt, Steelers fell apart without bell to carry the load late in the year and damn the numbers on that one...

You have always been against a rb before day 3, which is your prerogative but I value them much higher and think that the guy touching the ball 20ish times a game needs to be good at what he does. Can’t count on Dixon to even suit up, gus is a poor mans legarette Blount at his absolute best, and when the zone read and run game is your focal point you might want more than gus Edwards carrying the load, do you really expect Dixon To play 16 games? I don’t.

And for singletary specifically, what don’t you see? Lol I see a guy who looks like a legit workhorse and is only lacking in top speed, Electric juke artist with the ability to locate and squeeze through the smallest of gaps, and runs well behind his pads with good pop on contact and a great center of gravity that just keeps him churning through traffic.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't believe that. We'll see a lot of improvement much earlier than most people expect.
I’m not getting my hopes up. I do believe in lamar, and I’m behind him 100% but I think he’s got some issues that will never be fixed, like sideline fades, and for the issues that can/will be fixed I think it’s gonna take time. You don’t rebuild your entire game from the ground up and get it all working at 100% efficiency in one year.

Again, I’m as big a lamar fan as anyone, and you won’t see me bashing him until at least year 3, I’m willing to give him an entire second season of whatever the fuck, judgement free, because I believe in him, but even when he’s at 100% development idk if he’s gonna be a guy that’s gonna pass for even 3000 yards.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I guess we view this class differently then, and also view the importance of a rb differently. The ravens haven’t been good since we had an elite rb, Chiefs probably end up making the SB with Kareem hunt, the rams were completely lost with gurley hurt, Steelers fell apart without bell to carry the load late in the year and damn the numbers on that one...

You have always been against a rb before day 3, which is your prerogative but I value them much higher and think that the guy touching the ball 20ish times a game needs to be good at what he does. Can’t count on Dixon to even suit up, gus is a poor mans legarette Blount at his absolute best, and when the zone read and run game is your focal point you might want more than gus Edwards carrying the load, do you really expect Dixon To play 16 games? I don’t.

And for singletary specifically, what don’t you see? Lol I see a guy who looks like a legit workhorse and is only lacking in top speed, Electric juke artist with the ability to locate and squeeze through the smallest of gaps, and runs well behind his pads with good pop on contact and a great center of gravity that just keeps him churning through traffic.
This is false. I don't mind taking a RB early if the talent is there. I wanted Kamara in the second two years ago, I wasn't against the idea of trading up for Fournette when rumors about it were spread, I mocked Guice many times to us in the first last year (and Zeke 3 years ago and got lambasted for it)... I could go on and on and on. I loved Kerryon, Cook, Hunt, Michel, Chubb... And no player in this class save for Henderson and Jacobs holds a candle to those guys. It's just a bad class.

If you want to talk about Singletary, he's elusive alright, but not very powerful, not very fast, not very explosive, not good at anything other than running the ball, doesn't have particularly good vision or patience (although I could let it pass given our scheme which doesn't ask much in that regard). I've also followed the league for long enough to see guys like Jonathan Howard, Aaron Jones or James Conner (I know he was a 3rd rounder but in all seriousness he should've like a 5th) can come in and set it on fire by just being good enough for their scheme and having the OL to create holes. Give a 3rd on Singletary or Benny Snell if you like it, I'd much rather swing on a RB like Ozigbo 2 rounds later.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dane Brugler's mock draft 3.0

1. Arizona Cardinals – Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State
2. San Francisco 49ers – Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky

**Projected trade: Denver Broncos trading up to No. 3 with the New York Jets**

3. Denver Broncos – Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
4. Oakland Raiders – Rashan Gary, EDGE, Michigan
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama
6. New York Giants – Cody Ford, OT/OG, Oklahoma
7. Jacksonville Jaguars – Jonah Williams, OT/OG, Alabama
8. Detroit Lions – Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson
9. Buffalo Bills – Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State
10. New York Jets – Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
11. Cincinnati Bengals – Devin White, LB, LSU
12. Green Bay Packers – Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida
13. Miami Dolphins – Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
14. Atlanta Falcons – Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
15. Washington Redskins – Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
16. Carolina Panthers – Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State
17. Cleveland Browns – Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
18. Minnesota Vikings – Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
19. Tennessee Titans – Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
20. Pittsburgh Steelers – Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
21. Seattle Seahawks – Brian Burns, EDGE, Florida State

22. Baltimore Ravens – D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
First-year general manager Eric DeCosta has an interesting offseason ahead of him with an aging defense and an offense in need of upgrades. One of the priorities should be helping Lamar Jackson become a better passer, and a freakish talent like Metcalf would do that.

23. Houston Texans – Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
24. Oakland Raiders (from Chicago) – T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
25. Philadelphia Eagles – Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
26. Indianapolis Colts – Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
27. Oakland Raiders (from Dallas) – Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
28. Los Angeles Chargers – Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State
29. Kansas City Chiefs – Nasir Adderley, FS, Delaware
30. Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans) – Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
31. Los Angeles Rams – Dalton Risner, OL, Kansas State
32. New England Patriots – Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

Second Round

33. Arizona Cardinals – Elgton Jenkins, OG/C, Mississippi State
34. Indianapolis Colts (from New York Jets) – Kelvin Harmon, WR, NC State
35. Oakland Raiders – Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama
36. San Francisco 49ers – Deionte Thompson, FS, Alabama
37. New York Giants – Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech
38. Jacksonville Jaguars – Irv Smith, TE, Alabama
39. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia
40. Buffalo Bills – Garrett Bradbury, OC, NC State
41. New York Jets (from Denver) – N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State
42. Cincinnati Bengals – Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame
43. Detroit Lions – Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple
44. Green Bay Packers – Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
45. Atlanta Falcons – Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College
46. Washington Redskins – Taylor Rapp, SS, Washington
47. Carolina Panthers – Erik McCoy, OG/C, Texas A&M
48. Miami Dolphins – A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
49. Cleveland Browns – Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia
50. Minnesota Vikings – Dre’Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State
51. Tennessee Titans – D’Andre Walker, EDGE, Georgia
52. Pittsburgh Steelers – Oshane Ximines, EDGE, Old Dominion
53. Philadelphia Eagles (from Baltimore) – Anthony Nelson, EDGE, Iowa
54. Houston Texans (from Seattle) – Devin Singletary, RB, Florida Atlantic
55. Houston Texans – Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson
56. New England Patriots (from Chicago) – Charles Omenihu, DL, Texas
57. Philadelphia Eagles – Damien Harris, RB, Alabama
58. Dallas Cowboys – Renell Wren, DT, Arizona State
59. Indianapolis Colts – Johnathan Abram, SS, Mississippi State
60. Los Angeles Chargers – Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawaii
61. Kansas City Chiefs – JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford
62. New Orleans Saints – Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
63. Kansas City Chiefs (from Los Angeles Rams) – Lonnie Johnson, CB, Kentucky
64. New England Patriots – Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Deebo falls to the end of the 2nd, everyone on here will be screaming for us to trade up

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Matt Miller has us taking:

1st rd: D.K. Metcalf (WR) Ole Miss - Cody Ford went 1 pick later to the Texans
3rd rd: Devin Singletary (RB) FAU
4th rd: Beau Benzschawel (OG) Wisconsin
5th rd: Cameron Smith (LB) USC
6th rd: Jordan Brailford (EDGE) Oklahoma State
6th rd: Blace Brown (CB) Troy
I don't hate the player haul but given his scenario.....

If we pass up Ford for Metcalf I will kill someone, no matter how much I like Beau.
Singletary is a guy I like.... But over Zach Allen in the third round?
Beau in the fourth might happen.. I'd love that even if we got Ford.

Nothing to complain about the rest of them.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
People don't appreciate how good Metcalf is. If he checks out fine at the combine he's a top10 talent in this draft.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
People don't appreciate how good Metcalf is. If he checks out fine at the combine he's a top10 talent in this draft.
I just always have an issue with college wr production. I can overlook production for traits in a TE because that position is notoriously misused in college, but WRs should be producing in college, I also am always weary of ole miss WRs for some reason, however.... Metcalf looks good, very impressive physical makeup and honestly I don’t see a reason on tape to not like him, but the production just scares me, like what caused the low numbers?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just always have an issue with college wr production. I can overlook production for traits in a TE because that position is notoriously misused in college, but WRs should be producing in college, I also am always weary of ole miss WRs for some reason, however.... Metcalf looks good, very impressive physical makeup and honestly I don’t see a reason on tape to not like him, but the production just scares me, like what caused the low numbers?
Metcalf, Lodge and A.J. Patterson missed some games in 2017, new QB in 2018.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
He was not a starter in 17 if I'm correct and had the neck injury in 18. Prior to that he was unstoppable.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is there anykind of way we can trade out the 1st receiving an early 2nd and next yr 1st?
I can't see anyone being that crazy. Not for jumping down into the early 2nd. Now, a late 2nd and then a 1st next year is possible if someone major slipped down to our pick. Best case scenario for a trade down to the early 2nd would be a team giving us their 2nd this year and their 2nd next year. Kinda like what the Ravens did to get Lamar.

Last edited:
Is there anykind of way we can trade out the 1st receiving an early 2nd and next yr 1st?

There might be some inflation at times (like a team trading up to pick a QB) but generally this is a reliable source we all use to keep trades as realistic as possible.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

For instance, when I made my move for Trevathan, I exchanged my late 3rd for the LB and a late 4th
If you compare the points linked to those specific picks you'll see the difference is the value of an early 4th (what I have theorically paid to acquire him).
Now, I didn't have an early 4th, and a late 4th might have been few for the Bears. I'm not losing a single pick while the other player gets to select in the top 100, exactly at the strength of the draft