• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
OMG, FUCK! I'LL PLAY. Y'ALL HAPPY NOW?!?!?!?!?
xWk95_1537274155392_56014414_ver1.0.gif

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I will if no one else can. I am just so swamped this year, I am not sure I can do a good job and I feel bad half assing it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I will if no one else can. I am just so swamped this year, I am not sure I can do a good job and I feel bad half assing it.
You need to go into the sign up thread and pick one of the remaining numbers

No prob man. The RL Browns and Raiders have been without a real GM for years while kept bullshitting around. Can't do worse than that :D we appreciate all the help we can get

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No prob man. The RL Browns and Raiders have been without a real GM for years while kept bullshitting around. Can't do worse than that :D we appreciate all the help we can get
Add In the skins for that matter. They have been without a GM or owner

Last edited:
Add In the skins for that matter. They have been without a GM or owner

Lol too bad i don't find the old rosters. I was quite involved but still managed to get a few nice players who had close to no role if none at all (see Guice who got immediately inhured). I could easily be in the conversation for worst 5 gm as well :D

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lol too bad i don't find the old rosters. I was quite involved but still managed to get a few nice players who had close to no role if none at all (see Guice who got immediately inhured). I could easily be in the conversation for worst 5 gm as well :D
The players you drafted and the free agents you picked up are on the google doc. You can also find your roster archived under 2018 Forum Mock

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
You drafted Derrius Guice, Deontay Burnett, Andrew Brown, Nick Nelson, Oren Burks and Will Richardson.

You drafted Derrius Guice, Deontay Burnett, Andrew Brown, Nick Nelson, Oren Burks and Will Richardson.

Shoosh.. Sounds so bad. Sure the lack of a 2nd and 3rd round pick didn't help much but still bad result to be someone who loves watching tapes. Hopefully i do better this year.

Simba

Staff Member
I actually had a pretty solid draft with the Ravens last year.

QB Mason Rudolph, RB Mark Walton, WR Christian Kirk, TE Ian Thomas, RT Orlando Brown, DL PJ Hall, LB Fred Warner, FS Tarvarius Moore

Mason Rudolph still has work to do, but for a 5th (I believe), I feel like that was a solid pickup even though I'd still have questions at QB. Mark Walton would be my biggest regret. I talked myself out of Phillip Lindsay because there were so many solid options still available at the end of the 4th. Christian Kirk had a pretty good year in a terrible offense. Ian Thomas had a good year for a rookie TE. Not Andrews levels, but good. Orlando Brown became a quality starter. PJ Hall was a 7th round depth pick so nothing to complain about there. I got a better DL in Justin Jones as a UDFA though. Fred Warner became an instant impact starter. Tarvarius Moore actually played CB for the 49ers and had his ups and downs. Again, late round developmental pick that already looks like good value for where I got him.

Okay, I'm done reminiscing. It was probably among the better (from top to bottom) draft classes I've ever had in this game. Not bad for trading out of the 1st round.

My OL still would have sucked though lol

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
You may have come in a little later, but you were still noticeably active and attentive thereafter from what I recall. Plus it's a difficult process to get your head around in the first year. The second is typically much smoother. And you're also by no means required to make moves. If you have a team that is mostly set, you can be mildly active until the draft begins.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
This is my first time doing this and I'm only doing this because they can't seem to find enough members. This is gonna be me after every transaction I make...

upload_2019-2-17_17-19-25.jpeg

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
You may have come in a little later, but you were still noticeably active and attentive thereafter from what I recall. Plus it's a difficult process to get your head around in the first year. The second is typically much smoother. And you're also by no means required to make moves. If you have a team that is mostly set, you can be mildly active until the draft begins.

Ya but my worry is people say the game is at its best when people are active so I'd feel bad if I were bringing it down for others by not being able to for instance quickly respond to trade requests.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Oh cmooon..only 3 places left
Someone please do the magic

giphy.gif

I can't remember a time we struggled to find people for this game. This game became so popular on the old forums and we haven't had issues with finding members since this forum started. Wonder what happened to all of the Arm Chair GMs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I can't remember a time we struggled to find people for this game. This game became so popular on the old forums and we haven't had issues with finding members since this forum started. Wonder what happened to all of the Arm Chair GMs.
imany members never came onto PF once the BR Forums shut down. that being said it took a while to get all spots signed up last year and this year we will probably have a few people with duplicate teams. i think it's great we have a lot of new members over the past few years, especially the ones coming back.