• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Simba

Staff Member
Pretty sure this is the slowest we’ve been since moving to a 12 hour clock several years back. This is just bad.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Sorry - misread on deck/on clock
Yeah, that's my bad as well. I think it's an easy term to misread, and I was wondering if that'd happen. I figured I'd give you the early heads up give the time zone. Once the pick before you is made, I'll resubmit it on your behalf (Presuming that he hopefully doesn't take the target).

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'll be honest in that I don't know how the lockout happened. I have been issuing access left and right whenever I'm notified, but that's all I have at this point.
not sure how that happened either, especially since the email have not been deleted. Sometimes I've had to delete it and reenter it to make sure they have editing capacity and not just view only.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Pretty sure this is the slowest we’ve been since moving to a 12 hour clock several years back. This is just bad.
We've needed anywhere between 3.5 to 4.5 weeks to complete the 7 round draft, not including ffa and udfa in the past. We were pretty quick through the first 2.5 to 3 rounds, then it came to a stop.

The other board I'm doing a mock draft on started on Friday (3 full days) after us and they are in the 20s in the 4th round. Close to the same pace but they started off really slow.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
It hasn't been pleasant. I've tried to submit my selections in a timely fashion. I did have once instance when I didn't see the trade confirmation, and it took 3 hours and 28 minutes between that selection and the one I made; but even with that one, I'm sitting at 5 hours and 21 minutes combined between 9 made selections, which comes out to roughly 35 minutes per pick. I'm not saying that they have to be this fast, but it seems like we were on such a terrific pace before the standstill.

Simba

Staff Member
We've needed anywhere between 3.5 to 4.5 weeks to complete the 7 round draft, not including ffa and udfa in the past. We were pretty quick through the first 2.5 to 3 rounds, then it came to a stop.

The other board I'm doing a mock draft on started on Friday (3 full days) after us and they are in the 20s in the 4th round. Close to the same pace but they started off really slow.
It hasn't been pleasant. I've tried to submit my selections in a timely fashion. I did have once instance when I didn't see the trade confirmation, and it took 3 hours and 28 minutes between that selection and the one I made; but even with that one, I'm sitting at 5 hours and 21 minutes combined between 9 made selections, which comes out to roughly 35 minutes per pick. I'm not saying that they have to be this fast, but it seems like we were on such a terrific pace before the standstill.

We've got a little over 2 weeks before the draft, and ideally, we'd get done a few days before that so UDFA can get going before we see some of these "unknowns" get drafted in real life.

At this current pace, I have strong doubts.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
We've got a little over 2 weeks before the draft, and ideally, we'd get done a few days before that so UDFA can get going before we see some of these "unknowns" get drafted in real life.

At this current pace, I have strong doubts.
We fudging better make it. I make my money with these unknowns in late rounds and UDFA. I don't want them on the radar while I'm trying to hoard them.

Simba

Staff Member
We fudging better make it. I make my money with these unknowns in late rounds and UDFA. I don't want them on the radar while I'm trying to hoard them.

Exactly. I've signed numerous UDFAs that ended up being day 2 picks. Hell, last year 11 of my 17 UDFAs were drafted in real life, and 14 of 17 made their respective rosters.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Exactly. I've signed numerous UDFAs that ended up being day 2 picks. Hell, last year 11 of my 17 UDFAs were drafted in real life, and 14 of 17 made their respective rosters.
That's what's up. So you know what's at stake too.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
With you having a gazillion picks in the final rounds, I think we shall be fine.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I figured it was only fitting if I had the grandson of Bobby Beathard on my team, I might as well have the son of Mark Rypien as well. Also believe Brett Rypien is being undervalued and has some potential. He should be atleast a serviceable backup.