• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Simba

Staff Member
And shout out to @cdp for liking every pick. He's that one friend that still wishes you a happy birthday on facebook every year even though you haven't talked since middle school. #RealOne

Reactions: cdp

regz1997

Practice Squad
So now that I'm back in the real world, with internet that has more than 5 mb/s (Parent's house for the weekend), selections I loved in the second were @Truth 's guys, getting an infusion of youth in that secondary with Julian Love and Deionte Thompson. Many draft analysts are split on the latter (myself included), but going to New England to work with Bill, and getting him in the mid second is undeniable value.

regz1997

Practice Squad
Also, as much as it pains me to say, @SepticeyePoe hit it out of the park getting Nasir Adderly out of Delaware. I can honestly say I haven't scouted a prospect with as much natural ball hawking ability as Adderly. This kid is a small school Ed Reed. Watching his awareness, hands, and closing speed on tape consistently blows me away. I was hoping he'd be there at 2,6 as he isn't rated the highest on analyst's draft boards. However, I promise you this kid is worth the late first because he will be something very special in the NFL. Fantastic selection.

regz1997

Practice Squad
Lastly, I have two more picks that I really loved.

@JO_75 getting N'Keal Harry at 2,20 is highway robbery, if the Jags weren't stacked 4 deep at WR he'd be in central Florida this instant.

@Ludy51 taking a high floor player in Taylor Rapp is an underrated move. Rapp on tape is an athletic and fundamental player that was a high-effort cornerstone of the Washington defense this season. He is a quality starter, hands down. I was between him and Savage at 6 after Adderly was taken. What separates the two is that Rapp is a low-risk player that plays very conservatively. You rarely catch him out of position, but you also don't see him making game changing plays either. Yet to his credit, he definitely has the cleanest fundamentals in the run game of all the safeties in the class. I can't find a single player that's a good comparison for him though. Using two players, he's like if George Iloka and Eric Weddle made a love child.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Anyways, I feel like one of the most underrated problem with the colts since Andrew Luck's tenure has been the fact that he's been forced to make several of his WRs great rather than having great ones. Sure, he has T.Y, but the rest of the passing offense went through either Eric Ebron(who I think Luck made really good), and the RBs. The other WRs were Chester Rogers and dontrelle Inman. Not bad players, but they're average. Jack Doyle going down kind of hurt even if it didn't look like it because they lost their Heath Miller type.

Tyler Higbee can contribute as a blocker and is better than the stats indicate
Noah Fant could become a stud and I think he's a great route runner. He's effectively replaces Ebron in the short term and is a possible upgrade in the long term
Adam Humphries is one of the best slot WRs in the game and is underrated after catch
Michael Crabtree is a red zone weapon and won't have to deal with being the team's #1 like last year. T.Y is good enough to to command double teams.
Ridley gives him a good possession WR and red-zone threat who can get open on third downs and keep the offense on schedule.

regz1997

Practice Squad
Anyways, I feel like one of the most underrated problem with the colts since Andrew Luck's tenure has been the fact that he's been forced to make several of his WRs great rather than having great ones. Sure, he has T.Y, but the rest of the passing offense went through either Eric Ebron(who I think Luck made really good), and the RBs. The other WRs were Chester Rogers and dontrelle Inman. Not bad players, but they're average. Jack Doyle going down kind of hurt even if it didn't look like it because they lost their Heath Miller type.

Tyler Higbee can contribute as a blocker and is better than the stats indicate
Noah Fant could become a stud and I think he's a great route runner. He's effectively replaces Ebron in the short term and is a possible upgrade in the long term
Adam Humphries is one of the best slot WRs in the game and is underrated after catch
Michael Crabtree is a red zone weapon and won't have to deal with being the team's #1 like last year. T.Y is good enough to to command double teams.
Ridley gives him a good possession WR and red-zone threat who can get open on third downs and keep the offense on schedule.
Very versatile receiving corps you have built.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Very versatile receiving corps you have built.
Thank you.
It's by no-means elite but that's okay, it's still considerably better than anything Luck has had in a long time. The only thing I'm missing is a pure deep threat. But there is Deon Cain who proved he can do that in college too(he's on the trade block btw).

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
So now that I'm back in the real world, with internet that has more than 5 mb/s (Parent's house for the weekend), selections I loved in the second were @Truth 's guys, getting an infusion of youth in that secondary with Julian Love and Deionte Thompson. Many draft analysts are split on the latter (myself included), but going to New England to work with Bill, and getting him in the mid second is undeniable value.
Much appreciated. Appreciate the breakdowns in general. Honestly, as time passes, I've become more split on my own selection in Thompson as well. I feel like I may have fallen victim to some degree to subset scouting, and I was riding the high of that Louisville tape perhaps a little too hard. In retrospect, I wish I had more time to scout. I likely would've taken someone like Jeffery Simmons had I come across his tape before then.

I am, however, more settled on Love. I think his patience, his read and react ability and his fluid hips could all contribute to potentially being a solid starting CB. While he ran a 4.45 at his Pro Day, he doesn't show elite speed on tape, but I do feel like his other traits make up for it. Plus, if that's not worth the selection, then this alone should make him worthy of the placement:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Williams is not really too impressive. In this class he is the best corner (arguably) but I don't think he's anything special.
He's an extremely patient corner. No question he needs to improve his footwork, but his length, agility, instincts and press ability added along with his speed are very good. I think Greedy Williams and Byron Murphy are 1a and 1b in this draft and it's arguable who is 1a, imo. No question that Byron Murphy has much better technique, but he is also better at off the ball coverage.

Last edited:

regz1997

Practice Squad
Much appreciated. Appreciate the breakdowns in general. Honestly, as time passes, I've become more split on my own selection in Thompson as well. I feel like I may have fallen victim to some degree to subset scouting, and I was riding the high of that Louisville tape perhaps a little too hard. In retrospect, I wish I had more time to scout. I likely would've taken someone like Jeffery Simmons had I come across his tape before then.

I am, however, more settled on Love. I think his patience, his read and react ability and his fluid hips could all contribute to potentially being a solid starting CB. While he ran a 4.45 at his Pro Day, he doesn't show elite speed on tape, but I do feel like his other traits make up for it. Plus, if that's not worth the selection, then this alone should make him worthy of the placement:

Love reminds me a lot of the Fuller brothers, specifically Kyle Fuller. Very similar athleticism, patience and confidence when playing outside.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Trading up for a player who could easily be there at the end of the 3rd, but it wouldn't be a draft without me reaching in the early rounds for my favorites.

Simba

Staff Member
21 picks to go before me and I've actually zeroed in on a specific player that I like

Es no bueno

Simba

Staff Member
DjugMqNX4AAAm4y.jpg

Simba

Staff Member
I couldn't go much longer without using one of the always applicable Spongebob timecards