• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Jaylon Ferguson and Miles Boykin

Charm City

Pro Bowler
And a fifth round pick in 2020. Kind of forgotten that part didn’t you? Yup. Got traded for more than just a comp pick.

Add onto the fact that Judon doesn’t have the supposed work ethic baggage that Fowler does, and is a better football player. Yeah. He’d probably get more.
I feel like fowler got that much just cuz he was a former 1st round pick. The clout hasn't worn off yet.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I feel like fowler got that much just cuz he was a former 1st round pick. The clout hasn't worn off yet.
That may be so, but are teams really going to discount a player who’s about to hit his athletic prime because he went in the fifth round when he’s vastly outperformed expectations.

No. At the very least we’d get a similar return in an earlier year

Charm City

Pro Bowler
That may be so, but are teams really going to discount a player who’s about to hit his athletic prime because he went in the fifth round when he’s vastly outperformed expectations.

No. At the very least we’d get a similar return in an earlier year
I would value Judon even a little bit more considering Fowler has an injury history. But I meant that Fowler was overvalued. I actually think a lot of pass rushers are overvalued now considering Clark was traded for all those picks by Seattle.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I would value Judon even a little bit more considering Fowler has an injury history. But I meant that Fowler was overvalued. I actually think a lot of pass rushers are overvalued now considering Clark was traded for all those picks by Seattle.
Exactly.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jaylon Ferguson looks very imposing, he’s just a really big and long guy. I hope he changes his jersey number though because edge rushers in the 40s make me sick

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Welcome to Baltimore, #45!

X4iCIe6o_400x400.jpg

o3yipngli2szrsnh2srk.jpg

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jaylon Ferguson looks very imposing, he’s just a really big and long guy. I hope he changes his jersey number though because edge rushers in the 40s make me sick
Whats with the gut? You think they'll trim him down or ask him to add?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
They'll ask him to trim down. He's not going to improve his burst if he doesn't which upon hours of tape watching is my biggest concern with him now.

I think he's got some bend. He's a high ceiling player and his floor is ZDS in my eyes at this point

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
You know something, @JoeyFlex5 ? I'm starting to realize what you're trying to accomplish. While I have ZERO evidence to prove this, it's pretty clear that you got intel from someone that Ferguson will be drafted by the Ravens (but then again, there's this........ https://purpleflock.com/threads/1010/#post-167539). So what do you do? You go on these tirades about "I don't want Ferguson this" and "fuck Turd Ferguson that." Meanwhile, Ferguson, enjoying the draft process and excited to see which team drafts him, has no clue what's going on behind the scenes.

Now don't be fooled folks. Emotion is a key component of 4D chess and Joey knows this. He's trying to sell you this idea that Ferguson is a bum who won't amount to shit. Deep down? Joey knows that he has the potential to be GREAT. Enter Draft Weekend. This "panic" continues as Ferguson continues to fall out of the first round. Again, Ferguson is chillin, minding his business and not realizing what's about to occur. Day 2 of the draft is here and here comes round 3. Joey knows what's about to happen, but much to our entertainment, he posts all of his "meltdown" comments. Realize that his "meltdowns" serve a bigger purpose. Ferguson gets drafted. Do you people think it's a coincidence that the stat of him breaking Suggs's sack record was shown after he was selected?

Ask yourself: what kind of grown-ass man calls himself Sack Daddy? Someone who wears his emotion on his sleeve. Someone who's passion and emotion drives him to be the accomplished player that he's been. BEST BELIEVE that he reads these boards. Again, Joey knows all of this. He knows that once he got drafted by the Ravens, he'd go on these sites to get a pulse of what the fans are like. As he reads, he notices that some asshole named JoeyFlex5 is CONSTANTLY shitting on him. So he's going to use this as that extra spark to elevate his game to the next level. What will the results be? Who knows, but I have a feeling that Jaylon Ferguson, 3rd rounder from Louisiana Tech, is going to be something special barring injuries and off-the-field issues. And we will have one man to thank to bring out the maximum potential: @JoeyFlex5 . This is 4D chess folks. I can't wait for the season to begin

@Lost_In_Translation

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Whats with the gut? You think they'll trim him down or ask him to add?

trim down - he bombed the offseason by gaining weight and he got drafted because of his film which was as a different body type to what he made for himself this offseason - i think the ravens at least get him into similar body shape to what he was in college - he was 260 in college but was 270 during the offseason but looked heavy (not necessarily great weight for his flexibility and agility etc.) i think the sweet spot is going to be right around what sizzle used to play at which is around 265 but slightly less than ZDS who played at 272 (judon plays at 260, timmy plays at 250 and tyus plays at 240)

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
trim down - he bombed the offseason by gaining weight and he got drafted because of his film which was as a different body type to what he made for himself this offseason - i think the ravens at least get him into similar body shape to what he was in college - he was 260 in college but was 270 during the offseason but looked heavy (not necessarily great weight for his flexibility and agility etc.) i think the sweet spot is going to be right around what sizzle used to play at which is around 265 but slightly less than ZDS who played at 272 (judon plays at 260, timmy plays at 250 and tyus plays at 240)
A couple of weeks in an NFL camp will fix that for Jaylon. Ten pounds for these NFL players are nothing