• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't know what the fascination with RGIII is. He's been around, yes but what has he done since the injury?
If Lamar can't play, our odds of winning with either Rob or McSorley are virtually the same and pretty bleak. Give the young guy a chance.
I disagree, with Greg Roman, a good RB, and some guys who can catch the ball, I think bob could come in and save a game. I’d say our chances are substantially better with bob than with mcsorley. He’s the most accurate passer on the team and is a bigger run threat than mcsorley, and he’s a veteran who’s won some real games in this league.

If our seasons on the line and Lamar goes down for 1 week, I wouldn’t write us off with rg3, in fact id be optimistic.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I don't know what the fascination with RGIII is. He's been around, yes but what has he done since the injury?
If Lamar can't play, our odds of winning with either Rob or McSorley are virtually the same and pretty bleak. Give the young guy a chance.
AMEN!! we are better off letting the rookie play cause We are not winning with rg3.. tbh i hate that we dont have a veteran pocket qb to help lamar.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I probably agree. It's kind of an annoyingly good problem to have. He's more than likely good enough to be the number 2 on some teams, he's just unfortunately probably only good enough to be a number 3 here. We could lose him for sure.
Yeah I'm with you if Roberts makes the roster to cut Wesley. I hope the Eagles cut one of their OLs. They had some impressive backups who could easily be starters
We need Oline help bad. We have to cut somewhere else. Ken Dixon?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So here are just some of my takes on the ravens in general. For some reason, I seem to see things a little differently than others, but I love real discussion so tell me if you think I'm wrong and why.

Lamar Jackson looks a much improved player and I have extremely high hopes for him. I think he's got a chance to put up the same number of yards as Flacco next year. I'm including his rushing in that.

I think Pat Ricard is a lock.

I think Hayden Hurst will be underwhelming.

I think the Oline will be passable but leave a lot to be desired.

I am really excited about Jaleel Scott and very worried about Boykin. Here's where I know I'm going to get pushed back. These two guys have similar builds and speed. However, Scott has been given far less opportunity thus far but hasn't dropped catchable balls and has made a big impact. Boykin looks the lart has dropped the ball almost as much as he's caught it. I don't know why Jaleel hasn't been given more opportunity. Hollywood looks like he can catch literally everything. He will not be a perriman 2.0.

The defense as a whole looks pretty good. I think Peanut has really taken a step forward. Maurice Canaday is not a NFL quality corner. I keep hearing that people like Averett, however I think he's looked terrible against backups. Every receiver always has a step on him. Deshon Elliot looks extremely fast.

I do however have a lot of faith in this team and think we go 10-6 or 11-5.
This will sound wild to you and others, but I legit don't have any expectation for this team. But this isn't due to a lack of faith as it's the opposite tbh. We could be a 6-10 team just as much as we can be an 11-5 team. However, I'm hopeful that our playmakers can reach their potential, but I don't expect them to reach the full potential THIS year.

No reason why Project Pat won't be. He hasn't underwhelmed at all. If anything, he's picking up where he left off last season. Pertaining to the o-line, this has been the same issue for years now. If this o-line ever becomes as productive as it was in 2014, look tf out! As for Hurst, I still have hope in him though it's SLLLLLOOOOOWWWLLLYY fading.

I see Scott as no better than WR #5. I think Boykin will get there, but his drops are discouraging to see. Most of them are EASILY CATCHABLE. I hope Hollywood continues this because I was extremely pleased with him last night.

As for the defense, the pass-rush is still a WIP which is weird because despite having a top defense last season, our pass-rush wasn't amazing by all means. I do trust Wink in getting our young pass-rushers in the best positions possible. I think Averett barely makes the 53, but I think Canady is gone unless he plays like the second coming of Jimmy Smith.

I disagree, with Greg Roman, a good RB, and some guys who can catch the ball, I think bob could come in and save a game. I’d say our chances are substantially better with bob than with mcsorley. He’s the most accurate passer on the team and is a bigger run threat than mcsorley, and he’s a veteran who’s won some real games in this league.

If our seasons on the line and Lamar goes down for 1 week, I wouldn’t write us off with rg3, in fact id be optimistic.

Bob has not shown me anything, before he got here, and/or after, that gives me confidence that he could lead this team to the playoffs. It’s not one game if Lamar goes down but potentially a season or career ending injury that I think about. I would prefer to have a young QB with lots of potential who has shown so far that he is not intimidated by the NFL, and has played with poise and actually made some big plays. With bob what you’ve seen is what you will get.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

Thats true. Griffin could probably get us through a two game stretch and pull out at least one win. Not much more as he is really shaken under pressure and will start turning it over. Ive never been high on him...

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Man you really are hard on McSorley. Did you watch one bad Penn St game or something.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Michael Lombardi says Trade Winds are blowing.......... I don't think it involves us unless we are getting Clowney.

A1A

Veteran

RG3 is done...been done. Good for a series or 2 but he ain't winning no SB. If Lamar goes down that's a wrap and we should consider pulling an ARZ.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Michael Lombardi says Trade Winds are blowing.......... I don't think it involves us unless we are getting Clowney.
I don’t see why not. Certainly we’ve inquired. I don’t trust our pass rush at all right now and we need to take advantage of a QB on a rookie contract.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
NFL making Bills QB Josh Allen the new Golden Boy? He just got a Brady like Roughing call, good lord.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm torn on whether to shorten the preseason or keep it at 4 but this Bills-Lions game is insane. Did Harbs put a major hex on both teams? Players dropping like flies.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Browns Defense got 5 sacks on Winston including back to back to start the Bucs drive. I'm worried.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Man you really are hard on McSorley. Did you watch one bad Penn St game or something.
I watched multiple bad penn st games. And no I’m not particularly hard on him, I rather enjoy watching him, he’s made preseason more fun than it ever was before Lamar came.

Just being real. What has mcsorley done to make us reasonably think he could fill in better than rg3 in case of an injury? I was not bobs biggest fan, and I don’t think there’s a backup in the league that can go on a run and win a ring, but if he needs to step in for 3 weeks he could go 2-1 and keep us afloat with this team and playbook, mcsorley as our starter in multiple regular season games is essentially a guaranteed loss.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
RG3 is done...been done. Good for a series or 2 but he ain't winning no SB. If Lamar goes down that's a wrap and we should consider pulling an ARZ.
What backup in the league is winning us a super bowl... what kind of argument is that for Christ’s sake...