• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
This board is extremely split on the RG3 McSorley thing. But what I don't understand is why no one is putting their opinion in a rational context. Are they both good enough to handle responsibilities if Lamar is out one game, sure. What about 2 or 3 probably. They both belong in the NFL. However I believe it is intuitively obvious that the veteran, who has been in the system for 2 years, who's played in the playoffs, who was a former first round pick and before he got hurt showed why he deserved to be is more likely than not to win you more games at the Helm as opposed to McSorley. I think McSorley has played about 10x better than I though he was going to, but unfortunately he's likely a Josh Woodrum for at least the moment. He's not a number 1 and he's probably on the number 2 number 3 line depending on the team. No team can go far with their back up. Most teams can't go far with their starter. It's unbelievable to me how people can think that a 6th round pick who legitimately everyone was upset we drafted and called a gimmick player is now all of a sudden better than RG3. And all of this because he came in and threw like 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions against primarily backups? I'll take RG3 100 out of 100 times.

Not everyone was upset he was drafted. I might be the only one not sure but I liked the pick. Been defending him since we drafted him. Tom Brady was a 6th rdr.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm sure about a month ago all the talk was about how good our backup QB situation was with RG3. Maybe different posters returned since then, but I'm not putting all my faith in a 6th round rookie just for playing well in the preseason against backups.

Nobody has a problem with Bob. There was a statement made that we could only win with Bob and not McSorley and Bob was heads above in running lol.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
True story, lol. The difference though is that with mallet there were people who thought he should replace Flacco.lol. We’re talking about the #2 spot here, and I still think RG3 is the guy because of his experience. I also think that McSorely has played well enough to at least want to see more.
I dnt think we should even be discussing it.. neither mcsorley nor rg3 would win us more than 2 full games

Reactions: cdp

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
You always bring this up but I don’t recall many people calling for mallett to start...
It was really so much about him starting, it was the simple fact that people were acting like he was a good backup and possibly starter for other teams. Its like once players join our team, people forget how bad they were. Mallet was terrible for pats so idk why everyone was so hype about him here..
Same for rg3, people can blame the injruy all they want but that guy was not a good qb.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
This board is extremely split on the RG3 McSorley thing. But what I don't understand is why no one is putting their opinion in a rational context. Are they both good enough to handle responsibilities if Lamar is out one game, sure. What about 2 or 3 probably. They both belong in the NFL. However I believe it is intuitively obvious that the veteran, who has been in the system for 2 years, who's played in the playoffs, who was a former first round pick and before he got hurt showed why he deserved to be is more likely than not to win you more games at the Helm as opposed to McSorley. I think McSorley has played about 10x better than I though he was going to, but unfortunately he's likely a Josh Woodrum for at least the moment. He's not a number 1 and he's probably on the number 2 number 3 line depending on the team. No team can go far with their back up. Most teams can't go far with their starter. It's unbelievable to me how people can think that a 6th round pick who legitimately everyone was upset we drafted and called a gimmick player is now all of a sudden better than RG3. And all of this because he came in and threw like 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions against primarily backups? I'll take RG3 100 out of 100 times.
me personally, id start mcsorley just cause he is young. I know for a fact we wouldnt make playoffs with rg3 so why not just let mcsorley get some reps until its his time to get benched for terrible play. Regardless we arent winning with neither qb.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It was really so much about him starting, it was the simple fact that people were acting like he was a good backup and possibly starter for other teams. Its like once players join our team, people forget how bad they were. Mallet was terrible for pats so idk why everyone was so hype about him here..
Same for rg3, people can blame the injruy all they want but that guy was not a good qb.
Rg3 was not a good qb, you’re right, but he is serviceable in a pinch which is all you can really ask for from a backup. He was a bad qb because he insisted on becoming a pocket passer but he lacked the patience to go through his reads and he was in a west coast offense, he always had a good arm though. In this offense he can get by with his skill set, simple read, simple throw, let him throw the ball to the open receiver and run if nobody’s open. You can’t expect that of mcsorley because he is wildly inaccurate too often. We have 3 dual threat qbs, mcsorley is the most inaccurate/inconsistent thrower of them all, and when Lamar Jackson is on your team that says a LOT, and he is also the least of a running threat, but above all these things he’s a 6th round rookie and he shouldn’t get the nod to be qb2 over a veteran who has started multiple seasons and reached the playoffs and has seen success. Iv enjoyed watching trace this preseason but it’s gonna take more than one good preseason game to make me believe he can step in and win a game or 2 for us in a playoff race.

I dnt think we should even be discussing it.. neither mcsorley nor rg3 would win us more than 2 full games

What else do u want to discuss? Lol, there’s nothing more exciting then a QB controversy for the backup spot. Seriously though, we know we ain’t winning with RG3. We have no idea with McSorely. Not enough data points. But As of now it has to be RG3 just because of his experience.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d rather keep 3 QB as insurance than cut one or trade one away. After this year we can begin to entertain the idea of parting with one, but I think it’s premature right now. OL isn’t good enough to test fate.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
What else do u want to discuss? Lol, there’s nothing more exciting then a QB controversy for the backup spot. Seriously though, we know we ain’t winning with RG3. We have no idea with McSorely. Not enough data points. But As of now it has to be RG3 just because of his experience.
Basically im saying that we are screwed either way lol.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
History and past achievements mean nothing.
If they did, we might have as well kept Joe in hopes of another SB run.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d rather keep 3 QB as insurance than cut one or trade one away. After this year we can begin to entertain the idea of parting with one, but I think it’s premature right now. OL isn’t good enough to test fate.
I think they keep 4 RBs instead just because they're going to run a lot and need fresh legs. With regard to McSorley I don't expect that he'll clear waivers if there is a needy team out there that believes McSorley is better than their current #2. So we're in a conundrum so to speak. I don't believe Jaleel Scott clears waivers either. So we may end up carrying more personnel on offense than in a typical year.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
PAUL WORRILOWLB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Ravens LB Paul Worrilow has retired.
Worrilow just signed with the Ravens, but he's deciding to call it quits. Injuries had limited him to 25 games over the last three seasons. Worrilow finishes with 415 tackles, four sacks, and two interceptions over his six-year career.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Aug 24, 2019, 11:13 AM ET

WTF was that about?? Did he want to retire a Raven?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Worrilow just signed with the Ravens, but he's deciding to call it quits. Injuries had limited him to 25 games over the last three seasons. Worrilow finishes with 415 tackles, four sacks, and two interceptions over his six-year career.

Lmao what tf.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Probably was not feeling up to football once the opportunity was put in front of him.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

"LB Paul Worrilow left Ravens to be with his wife, who is eight months pregnant and bedridden, per source. He will reevaluate his future in the NFL after she gives birth. His focus now is family."

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1165293777109602305?s=20

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Vedvik has missed both of his FGs today in the Vikings game. Where's all the people who said we could have gotten a 4th? Lmao, a 5th was highway robbery already.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think they keep 4 RBs instead just because they're going to run a lot and need fresh legs. With regard to McSorley I don't expect that he'll clear waivers if there is a needy team out there that believes McSorley is better than their current #2. So we're in a conundrum so to speak. I don't believe Jaleel Scott clears waivers either. So we may end up carrying more personnel on offense than in a typical year.

no way there's a team that thinks mcsorley is better than their number 2 - there's a fairly high level of depth of qb play across the league at the moment in general and an influx of talent at the position too