• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ravens, the Dolphins and the Dolphins

Amen!! Thats why i wouldnt even be mad if LJ became a bust. Long as he tried i wouldve been at peace with it. I love players who put in the work.

I felt the same, I was going to back him even if he flamed out because I was pissed about everyone shitting on him. But then I heard he was killing it with his accuracy this offseason and got really excited.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Amen!! Thats why i wouldnt even be mad if LJ became a bust. Long as he tried i wouldve been at peace with it. I love players who put in the work.
I bought his jersey last year on Black Friday. I have a ton of confidence in him after watching a ton of his film and wanting the Ravens to draft him. I would have been ok if we took him at 16.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just a MCL sprain for Jimmy. Good news.

the wording is important - said sprain not tear which would suggest its a grade 1 rather than a grade 2 sprain (which involves some tearing) - a mild sprain's recovery would be between a few days to a couple of weeks with full strength recovered within 6 weeks - if its a grade 2 sprain though its more likely closer to a 6 week recovery before he can get back to practice

the team's decision will tell us a lot - if its a grade 2 i expect him to be sent to i/r and return in week 9 (with the ability to start practicing a week before - i think that's the rule but might be wrong) - if its a grade 1 he'll probably still be on the roster - almost certainly wont play against the cardinals - would be surprising but not impossible for him to play against he chiefs - browns or steelers more likely - worst case if its a minor sprain should be back in time for the seahawks/patriots

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the wording is important - said sprain not tear which would suggest its a grade 1 rather than a grade 2 sprain (which involves some tearing) - a mild sprain's recovery would be between a few days to a couple of weeks with full strength recovered within 6 weeks - if its a grade 2 sprain though its more likely closer to a 6 week recovery before he can get back to practice

the team's decision will tell us a lot - if its a grade 2 i expect him to be sent to i/r and return in week 9 (with the ability to start practicing a week before - i think that's the rule but might be wrong) - if its a grade 1 he'll probably still be on the roster - almost certainly wont play against the cardinals - would be surprising but not impossible for him to play against he chiefs - browns or steelers more likely - worst case if its a minor sprain should be back in time for the seahawks/patriots
I believe a sprain involves a tear, whether it's grade 1 or 2. A strain doesn't have a tear. I'm pretty sure he would have a slight tear.

ie. RG3 had a grade 1 strain of his LCL after playing the Ravens in 2012. It was a partial tear and he missed one week and came back after the Browns game, in which Cousins was lights out. He came back too soon though. He reinjured it in the 1st qtr playoff game against the Seahawks, stayed in the game and then tore his ACL at the end of the game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I believe a sprain involves a tear, whether it's grade 1 or 2. A strain doesn't have a tear. I'm pretty sure he would have a slight tear.

ie. RG3 had a grade 1 strain of his LCL after playing the Ravens in 2012. It was a partial tear and he missed one week and came back after the Browns game, in which Cousins was lights out. He came back too soon though. He reinjured it in the 1st qtr playoff game against the Seahawks, stayed in the game and then tore his ACL at the end of the game.

a mild grade 1 sprain (specifically for MCL) involves the ligament stretching but not quite tearing - but you're correct that grade 2 and 3 involve different severity of tearing

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
grade 2 means likely out for 6 weeks would be my guess - would be surprised if he's back earlier - would not be surprised if it takes 8 weeks to get back on the field
I think it will be closer to four weeks than 6 or 8.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Would love to have him back for the Pats game but we'll see.

Schedule is somewhat favorable. Browns look to be a mess and their OL is worse than I anticipated. Bengals won't be like last year. People seem to forget how hurt they were and the Steelers WRs do not scare me as long as no one else goes down. We should be able to manage until his return considering most of the competition and Hill being out for the Chiefs. Just need him back early enough to get his legs under him for late in the season WHEN we're making our playoff push... or trying to secure homefield.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Would love to have him back for the Pats game but we'll see.

Schedule is somewhat favorable. Browns look to be a mess and their OL is worse than I anticipated. Bengals won't be like last year. People seem to forget how hurt they were and the Steelers WRs do not scare me as long as no one else goes down. We should be able to manage until his return considering most of the competition and Hill being out for the Chiefs. Just need him back early enough to get his legs under him for late in the season WHEN we're making our playoff push... or trying to secure homefield.

this has to be where the front 7 take it upon themselves to create even more pressure to make it easier for their compatriots on the back end

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Knock on wood... Holy shit there were a lot of injuries yesterday. We have somehow been able to dodge serious injuries, for the most part.