• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Wink Martindale and Greg Roman

redrum52

Hall of Famer
It just hit me... I can't remember a season where we haven't complained about either coordinator. We're going into the end of games with comfortable leads. Both sides doing their job now and even in the losses, no one felt it was the DC or OC not doing their part. Everything seems to be clicking. Making all the right moves at the right times and when they don't work Lamar seems to make something happen. THIS ISN'T THE RAVENS FOOTBALL I'M USED TO! Get off my lawn

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It just hit me... I can't remember a season where we haven't complained about either coordinator. We're going into the end of games with comfortable leads. Both sides doing their job now and even in the losses, no one felt it was the DC or OC not doing their part. Everything seems to be clicking. Making all the right moves at the right times and when they don't work Lamar seems to make something happen. THIS ISN'T THE RAVENS FOOTBALL I'M USED TO! Get off my lawn
Time to seriously get onto Tucker's ass. He is ruining the image of the franchise.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
everytime I wake up, I have to check to make sure all of this is true.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Time to seriously get onto Tucker's ass. He is ruining the image of the franchise.

yep im gonna blame jerry rosburg for retiring this offseason... but tbf chris horton's been in a tough spot but he'll get imam marshall active if he needs him and more importantly he gets brynden trawick back in a couple of weeks (he's already been designated as the 2nd I/R DTR guy)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
atleast he isn't the only elite player we have now. Come on, everyone knows that Tucker was just teasing the Texans on Sunday. It was all part of the plan.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maybe I’m alone but I’m thinking Kubiak kinda ruined Flacco. He was never great but I feel like he became more of a Captain Checkdown when Kubiak came here. He certainly seemed to stop throwing deep as much and I feel his deep ball got worse. Not that he didn’t have issues hitting guys in stride because he absolutely did.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Maybe I’m alone but I’m thinking Kubiak kinda ruined Flacco. He was never great but I feel like he became more of a Captain Checkdown when Kubiak came here. He certainly seemed to stop throwing deep as much and I feel his deep ball got worse. Not that he didn’t have issues hitting guys in stride because he absolutely did.

i think its more coincidence - joe's mechanics got broken before the 2015 season started and then the injuries slowed down those mechanical and footwork issues getting corrected - add to that the absolute drain in talent that our roster had in 2015 and you've got a whole cocktail of issues with an unbalanced and awfully schemed offence run by trestman and it was a recipe for disaster

i think its underrated how big of a loss torrey smith was - while he's proved to be mediocre elsewhere and wasnt even the number 1 receiver in 2014 he was clearly a huge reason why our offence was able to function the way it did in the 4 years he was with us

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think its more coincidence - joe's mechanics got broken before the 2015 season started and then the injuries slowed down those mechanical and footwork issues getting corrected - add to that the absolute drain in talent that our roster had in 2015 and you've got a whole cocktail of issues with an unbalanced and awfully schemed offence run by trestman and it was a recipe for disaster

i think its underrated how big of a loss torrey smith was - while he's proved to be mediocre elsewhere and wasnt even the number 1 receiver in 2014 he was clearly a huge reason why our offence was able to function the way it did in the 4 years he was with us
I agree on losing Torrey. He was a hard loss to swallow and we missed him. Never an elite #1 but he would be great #2 with Joe. Those two made DPI dangerous due to the calls.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That certainly is a different viewpoint and I appreciate it as well. That being said it was his best season statistically and I'm not sure I totally agree with it, however I didn't see much of Flacco prior to 2014 as that is when I became a fan of the team and turned the channel from fox to cbs...for the most part. That being said, after 2014 we did lose Torrey Smith, who was his right hand man on deep routes.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

oops, you beat me to it regarding Torrey.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Man, AJ Green in this offense would be something else. Plus wouldn’t have to face off against him anymore he has just killed the Ravens his entire career. AJ Green is a player Cincinnati does not deserve he is the ultimate pros pro in that he just goes to work every day and does his job, no complaints, the Anti AB is you will. I do like Miles Boykin long term though he was very nice at Notre Dame and has had some flashes at different points this year. As for the comment from another poster regarding having fun watching him at Louisville, it was breathtaking. I can tell you where I was for each jaw dropping moment most notably the Syracuse hurdle. Never have seen anything like that in all my life and I was just running around in my basement. His stats at Louisville were just ignorant as well including his passing numbers.
Yep, if he won Heisman as a freshman, they should have gave him 2 Heismans in his sophomore year.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
i wanted to say f/u to @Dom McRaven but i am polite person

lol, I could have said some other things, but I'm a polite person....just sayin
upload_2019-11-21_22-0-35.jpeg

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'll take a crack at this:
AFC East - If Gase is one and done, but if the Jets keep winning he'll stay due to "progress".
AFC North - Should be Kitchens but again teams who we think would fire head coaches are winning so "progress" will be seen by the FO.
AFC South - Nobody. Marrone will get a past due to Foles' injury.
AFC West - Potentially Fangio because Elway needs another fall guy.

NFC East - Shurmur will join Jay Gruden as the only two coaches fired in the division at some point.
NFC North - The Bears GM is the only one who needs to be fired in that organization for drafting Trubisky.
NFC South- Ron Rivera. Quinn saved his job by giving up play calling and the improvement of the team since will keep him there.
NFC West - Nobody.

Openings:
Jets(possibly)
Redskins
Browns
Broncos
Giants
Panthers

Carolina is the only place that should be the "hot spot" destination for any coach looking to become a Head Coach. Team is already solid, you got Run CMC to help take the load off a banged up Cam Newton if he returns, a potential rookie QB or even a veteran QB like Rivers who played at NC State. Defense is led by Kuechly, they got a young solid pass rusher in rookie Brian Burns, they just need the coaching.