• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Wink Martindale and Greg Roman

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Per Rappaport: The Browns have a wide ranging HC search that includes, Kevin Stefanski, Josh McDaniels, Greg Roman, and Dennis Allen.

Although I don't think Roman is a great fit in Cleveland, it is worth watching the development.

edit: Cleveland has also requested an interview with Roman - per Schefter

I doubt Roman would highly consider Cleveland, hell no potential coach should consider it. I saw a stat that since 2000, they have had 11 head coaches. Under Haslam, the coaches have only been given a year, two year tops before being fired.

I doubt Roman would highly consider Cleveland, hell no potential coach should consider it. I saw a stat that since 2000, they have had 11 head coaches. Under Haslam, the coaches have only been given a year, two year tops before being fired.
You'd think our guys would steer clear of the dumpster fire in Cleveland. As Wink said, dream job ... only going to a place where I have a great chance of developing a "winning culture".

Browns <> Winning Culture.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

if you include gregg williams as their interim HC - this will be the 4th HC of Baker Mayfield's career despite him only going into his 3rd season...

Job openings and interviews requested:

Redskins - Rivera (assumed to be a done deal)
Panthers - Mike McCarthy, Eric Bieniemy, Josh McDaniels, Matt Rhule
Giants - Eric Bieniemy, Josh McDaniels, Matt Rhule, Kris Richard
Browns - Mike McCarthy, Josh McDaniels, Robert Saleh, Greg Roman, Urban Meyer (lol)

Things are fluid, but so far, McCarthy, McDaniels, Rhule and Bieniemy seem to be garnering more interest. I'm sure fans of the Pats are Chiefs are feeling even more certain they will be losing a coordinator.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Job openings and interviews requested:

Redskins - Rivera (assumed to be a done deal)
Panthers - Mike McCarthy, Eric Bieniemy, Josh McDaniels, Matt Rhule
Giants - Eric Bieniemy, Josh McDaniels, Matt Rhule, Kris Richard
Browns - Mike McCarthy, Josh McDaniels, Robert Saleh, Greg Roman, Urban Meyer (lol)

Things are fluid, but so far, McCarthy, McDaniels, Rhule and Bieniemy seem to be garnering more interest. I'm sure fans of the Pats are Chiefs are feeling even more certain they will be losing a coordinator.

important note - this would be mccarthy's second interview for the panthers job

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I know it comes with the territory of winning; O.C.'s and D.C.'s being considered for HC'ing jobs however, I want our 2 guys to be like De Costa and turn that stuff down to hang in there with the BALTIMORE RAVENS for a bit. They NEED to continue the winning tradition and help establish the "NEW DYNASTY" in the NFL and the AFC, the BALTIMORE RAVENS!

STAY GUYS, STAY!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I know it comes with the territory of winning; O.C.'s and D.C.'s being considered for HC'ing jobs however, I want our 2 guys to be like De Costa and turn that stuff down to hang in there with the BALTIMORE RAVENS for a bit. They NEED to continue the winning tradition and help establish the "NEW DYNASTY" in the NFL and the AFC, the BALTIMORE RAVENS!

STAY GUYS, STAY!
Like I said in a different thread, "EDC would know of all people to hold on to your top assistants for as long as possible. Even if it means to pay them like HCs."

rossihunter2

Staff Member
well so far only 1 of them has even been requested to interview - and the Browns are most likely looking for a HC with some HC experience as well which obviously Roman doesnt have - despite all his magical coordinating this year he's hardly mentioned with regards to the browns search so far - big name guys in insider circles so far seem to be urban meyer, mccarthy etc.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting Combo Brady and Wink. I hope he gets a fair shot. I was sceptical when we promoted him, but boy did he prove me wrong. One of the last guys who rocks a mullet these days.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Interesting Combo Brady and Wink. I hope he gets a fair shot. I was sceptical when we promoted him, but boy did he prove me wrong. One of the last guys who rocks a mullet these days.

seems the giants are looking at all options for new-thinking etc. for their next hire - taking suggestions from matt rhule, entertaining the idea that wink would bring a college offence into the pros if they hired him etc.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

The most interesting thing about his potential hire is bringing in the LSU offensive mind. It's one thing if he had a plan for this and was going to Cincy where Joe can keep working with Burrow unless he went to a team willing to dump every pick to Cincy in an effort to get Burrow as the franchise QB.