• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Wink Martindale and Greg Roman

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
They’re the real threat to take one of our coaches imo. From the sounds of it, I think Roman stays but it looks likely more and more Wink could be gone between the two.
more and more likely he is he one that leaves, but supposedly Rhule is the favorite to get the job in New York.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
GRo interview is in Baltimore

I think he is crazy if he accepts that job, if offered.
Talented players with short fuses and no restrain on their brains/tongues.
Unpatient and incompetent ownership.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I feel like interviewing coaches currently in playoff runs is a little fucked. Each side of the ball Our guys are going to interviews a week prior to our first playoff game, what the hell.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
They’re the real threat to take one of our coaches imo. From the sounds of it, I think Roman stays but it looks likely more and more Wink could be gone between the two.
As I said before, Wink is gone. It's either Carolina or the Giants. Even ih he can't lure Brady, it tells me he wants to hire a young offensive minded OC. Wink is definitely HC material just look hoe he leads the defende.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
GRo interview is in Baltimore

I think he is crazy if he accepts that job, if offered.
Talented players with short fuses and no restrain on their brains/tongues.
Unpatient and incompetent ownership.

there's only 32 of those jobs in the league and you might only get one go at it so you cant really quibble with which team it comes from - and to get this far you already need to have enough self-belief to be confident in your abilities so why would you not think you're the guy who can turn it around...

while we would view it as a bad situation, he might view it as his only chance to become a HC - he doesnt know what the future holds

that said i hope he doesnt get the job but if its offered to him id fully understand him taking it - id be more worried about him taking our offensive secrets to a division rival

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
there's only 32 of those jobs in the league and you might only get one go at it so you cant really quibble with which team it comes from - and to get this far you already need to have enough self-belief to be confident in your abilities so why would you not think you're the guy who can turn it around...

while we would view it as a bad situation, he might view it as his only chance to become a HC - he doesnt know what the future holds

that said i hope he doesnt get the job but if its offered to him id fully understand him taking it - id be more worried about him taking our offensive secrets to a division rival
I understand it's different for people in that situation but I can only look at it from my point of view and what would I likely do.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
they have already started game planning, but I'm sure it is in Baltimore.

Harbs spoke earlier in the week about the schedule and said they would be doing all that normal game-planning stuff on sunday once they know the opponent - at the moment they can only really do vague and umbrella type stuff - it's why this week's practices have been more about just staying sharp and been offence vs defence and stuff like that in a more general way

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Harbs spoke earlier in the week about the schedule and said they would be doing all that normal game-planning stuff on sunday once they know the opponent - at the moment they can only really do vague and umbrella type stuff - it's why this week's practices have been more about just staying sharp and been offence vs defence and stuff like that in a more general way
he said they have been doing basic things and improving themselves. Something was mentioned about playing the Texans and Bills already so they would look a little more at the Titans, but still look at the Bills and Texans before actual game planning began. I'm not sure which coach mentioned it.