• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

General Draft Thoughts

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
So are the Redskins really thinking of passing on Chase Young for Tua or a smokescreen to trade down and acquire more picks? Seems they want other QB needy teams to think they will take him in order to get a sweet load of picks.

Crazy that they may give Haskins the Rosen treatment.

I wouldn’t want to trade down if I was a redskins fan. Adding chase young to that Dline could be equivalent to Nick bosa added to the niners Dline.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I wouldn’t want to trade down if I was a redskins fan. Adding chase young to that Dline could be equivalent to Nick bosa added to the niners Dline.
If Tua turns out healthy and cleared, there's nothing better to do for Skins than to draft him.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is random but given how long careers last in the NFL, I really dislike the franchise tag. Just let the player go if you don't want to pay him. I know that it helps teams but the player is now at risk of injury and losing out what they would have received.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So are the Redskins really thinking of passing on Chase Young for Tua or a smokescreen to trade down and acquire more picks? Seems they want other QB needy teams to think they will take him in order to get a sweet load of picks.

Crazy that they may give Haskins the Rosen treatment.

100% a smokescreen - i doubt we'd be hearing about it yet if they didnt want it known - not with Rivera in the building - my guess is this is bait to try and get the dolphins to come up to the 2nd pick and relinquish at least one of their extra 1s - they would lose out on chase young but they might be able to get derrick brown or jeff okudah at 5 or even an OT (probably one of becton or jedrick wills)

rossihunter2

Staff Member

chase young's good but i dont think he's the generational prospect he's been hyped up as - i much preferred nick bosa last year and myles garrett too at the top of that class

he's still probably the best player in this class but i dont think he's so much better than derrick brown that a trade down to 5 wouldnt be a great move

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
I really think this is increasingly realistic. AJ Epenesa has a legit chance of dropping to us after that combine, but he plays like a Raven. Those are all high quality picks that improve areas of weakness. Wish there was a higher tier wideout in round 2 but that would be a great addition for our D line. Also think styler Johnson is gonna be a steal for someone, he’s just a professional.

Old Bay

Veteran
Screenshot_20200303-131349_Chrome.jpg

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lol yeah, I thought so, too. But I wouldn't complain!

we can dream

on my board this draft would mean us getting:

the number 2 EDGE in the draft
the number 1 center in the draft
the number 3 ILB (and a mike linebacker) in the draft and the number 4 ILB (with some undisclosed suspension issues)
2 3rd round graded WRs one of whom is an athletic weapon
the number 6 RB in the draft
one of the top nickel corners in the class and a 3rd round grade

raequan williams is the only player from that haul that i dont have a day 2 (or higher) grade on

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Why is that? He is pretty good pass rusher and smart player. Can do lot of stuff.
I agree, like Terrell Lewis a lot and he fits our scheme and has a Ravens mindset. The thing I'm concerned about is his injury history.

That being said, I think this year will be our first player taken from LSU.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the draft really needs to be brought forward around a month. way too much time

its only march 2nd for fucks sake.
there is a reason the draft is a long process. Could it be a bit shorter, maybe a couple weeks, but to be quite frank, it's only long for the fans. The scouts have a lot to do and to squeeze that into a shorter time frame isn't the right thing to do.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Murry would be great for us if...... we had soMeone like fred warner to play along side with him.. tbh him and queen have flaws and tape isnt all that impressive for me to be raving about them yet. I wouldnt be surprised if we drafted two ilbs or even got one out of free agency and early in draft

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Murry would be great for us if...... we had soMeone like fred warner to play along side with him.. tbh him and queen have flaws and tape isnt all that impressive for me to be raving about them yet. I wouldnt be surprised if we drafted two ilbs or even got one out of free agency and early in draft
Murray would not be good in any situation, he’s a massive projection for a first rounder.

What are you seeing on queens tape to say he’s as flawed as Murray? Because he does have some flaws but queen looks like a student of the game, he sees what’s unfolding across the whole formation and he is taking playside steps as rhe ball is snapped, whereas others like Murray are busy chop stepping trying to figure out where to go. Queen needs to improve at shedding blocks(although he’s drastically better at this than Murray) and his tackling is suspect, but he is without question a natural linebacker with questions, where Murray you don’t even feel comfortable calling him an NFL LB.

I actually wonder if Murray would be better bulking up and developing some edge skills, kinda like benarsrick McKinney(except he didn’t need any bulking up)