• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

General Draft Thoughts

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This one is definitely realistic which makes it really cool. Again I'm still not high on Madubuike but as a 2nd that's probably good value.
I think madubuike dye Lewis and Jones all should go 10-20 spots higher than this, I see all of them as prospects who should go in those rounds but early in those rounds

Jones is one of the few dbs id take in this class, he should be a huge value if we can get him on day 3, and a great fit for us

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think madubuike dye Lewis and Jones all should go 10-20 spots higher than this, I see all of them as prospects who should go in those rounds but early in those rounds

Jones is one of the few dbs id take in this class, he should be a huge value if we can get him on day 3, and a great fit for us

i think jones is one of the best potential day 3 prospects at safety in this class

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Murray would not be good in any situation, he’s a massive projection for a first rounder.

What are you seeing on queens tape to say he’s as flawed as Murray? Because he does have some flaws but queen looks like a student of the game, he sees what’s unfolding across the whole formation and he is taking playside steps as rhe ball is snapped, whereas others like Murray are busy chop stepping trying to figure out where to go. Queen needs to improve at shedding blocks(although he’s drastically better at this than Murray) and his tackling is suspect, but he is without question a natural linebacker with questions, where Murray you don’t even feel comfortable calling him an NFL LB.

I actually wonder if Murray would be better bulking up and developing some edge skills, kinda like benarsrick McKinney(except he didn’t need any bulking up)
Both of them looked lost in space, murry much worse and neither couldnt shed blocks as good. Queen looks much smarter than murry i must admit. Either way, nothing on tape would make me brag about us drafting either or. I wouldnt mind queen but id much rather grab a wr if i had to choose

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Both of them looked lost in space, murry much worse and neither couldnt shed blocks as good. Queen looks much smarter than murry i must admit. Either way, nothing on tape would make me brag about us drafting either or. I wouldnt mind queen but id much rather grab a wr if i had to choose
Queen has his moments. Vs Oklahoma he looked lost, and I believe Georgia was the other one I saw, I watched probably his 2 worst games and immediately wrote him off but after seeing most of his other games I saw the hype. He’s not consistently lost in space, and tbh a lot of college LBs need to do a lot of work in coverage, not many of them ever show much on tape there, hell even Deion Jones was a projection on coverage, Shaq Thompson was a projection on coverage and he was getting safety hype.

Jalen Ramsey who played safety through most of his college career was a projection on coverage and he’s playing corner, he made very few plays in coverage and as a safety made plays exclusively in the box and as a corner never was able to show anything beyond jamming receivers right out of bounds because he did it so well.

I’d say Patrick queen has shown more than enough to say he projects favorably, until he got up against the Lincoln Riley offense where coverage is a whole different ball game, he showed fairly well, he cut off throwing lanes fairly often and took away outlets, my biggest issue with him in coverage is when he’d be a yard or 2 out of place for a target behind him and he would allow completions by thin margins because he was barely off and didn’t feel the throw coming or didn’t react fast enough, seems like something that could be fine tuned

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll put it to you all this way. Murray would fall into my Matt Elam and Breshard Perriman DO NOT DRAFT AT ALL COSTS bracket

I was banned and absolutely destroyed by homers and admins on BR.com when we selected Elam and Perriman.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll put it to you all this way. Murray would fall into my Matt Elam and Breshard Perriman DO NOT DRAFT AT ALL COSTS bracket

I was banned and absolutely destroyed by homers and admins on BR.com when we selected Elam and Perriman.

All the PR ravens put out on Murray makes me think we won’t draft him at 28. The FO probably gave the green light to give him shine as a smokescreen. Because there’s waaaay more spotlight on him than any other prospect on ravens website lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i do not want Murray either until probably day 3 where id be fine taking a chance on his brilliant range and hope to develop him

as it stands he is currently the 91st player on my board

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just did one of those draft machines from draft network where i scrupulously followed my board and took BPA at every pick (spoiler alert we ended up with some crazy WR talent - and talent overall tbh)

Justin Jefferson
Jalen Reagor
Khalid Kareem
Shane Lemieux
Josiah Scott
Lynn Bowden Jr

only went up to the 5th round but i wish id set it to go later lol

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Just did one of those draft machines from draft network where i scrupulously followed my board and took BPA at every pick (spoiler alert we ended up with some crazy WR talent - and talent overall tbh)

Justin Jefferson
Jalen Reagor
Khalid Kareem
Shane Lemieux
Josiah Scott
Lynn Bowden Jr

It's OK - in real life you'd probably have to give later round picks (and more) to get away with this lot.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I can’t do a mock to save my life anymore. I can do generators all day but when I try to post one myself I can’t make it past round 2

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
If

Justin Jefferson
Jalen Reagor
Khalid Kareem
Shane Lemieux
Josiah Scott
Lynn Bowden Jr

if reagor is there at our pick in 2nd rnd that would be crazy

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
All the PR ravens put out on Murray makes me think we won’t draft him at 28. The FO probably gave the green light to give him shine as a smokescreen. Because there’s waaaay more spotlight on him than any other prospect on ravens website lol
It’s quite possible. Seems like the media hype around Murray to the ravens has died down almost entirely and now it’s just the ravens media hyping it up. By the time the draft rolls around nobody will buy the hype at all because it’s gonna be too ridiculous lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Murray would not be good in any situation, he’s a massive projection for a first rounder.

What are you seeing on queens tape to say he’s as flawed as Murray? Because he does have some flaws but queen looks like a student of the game, he sees what’s unfolding across the whole formation and he is taking playside steps as rhe ball is snapped, whereas others like Murray are busy chop stepping trying to figure out where to go. Queen needs to improve at shedding blocks(although he’s drastically better at this than Murray) and his tackling is suspect, but he is without question a natural linebacker with questions, where Murray you don’t even feel comfortable calling him an NFL LB.

I actually wonder if Murray would be better bulking up and developing some edge skills, kinda like benarsrick McKinney(except he didn’t need any bulking up)
agree with your comments on both Murray and Queen. As a matter of fact, the further it got into the season, you could see Queen read the offense earlier and line the defense up. A true testament to his leadership abilities.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What are yall thoughts on aj esp( whatever his name is) and klavon chassion if either are there at 28?
Chaisson has zero chance of being available lol and if he was we better take him

epenesa isn’t popular on these boards but I’m a fan, and he has a chance to be a big faller but I’m not sure he makes it past Seattle. With epenesa you have a guy who isn’t a flashy athlete but is a physically dominant specimen and plays the game well, his first step is underrated, his bend is seriously solid for a guy who’s like 6’6” 280ish, and he can rush off the edge, he can play 5tech, 3tech, anything. He’s a guy you use to create mismatches on the front, if the line has a weak link you have him attack it.
agree with your comments on both Murray and Queen. As a matter of fact, the further it got into the season, you could see Queen read the offense earlier and line the defense up. A true testament to his leadership abilities.
Not only is he reading the defense, but he’s shouting towards the play as the ball is snapped, he looks to be very adept at diagnosing where the play is going before the snap. He has less indecisive stutter stepping than any LB in the class

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
28: R1P28

EDGE A.J. EPENESA
IOWA
60: R2P28

C CESAR RUIZ
MICHIGAN
92: R3P28

LB AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER
APPALACHIAN STATE
126: R4P23