• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

General Draft Thoughts

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
watched more of murray and its actually a firm no from me

i have him as a 2-3 round prospect.
I’m with you I’m pretty dead against Murray in 1, I’d take him mid to late 2 on upside alone but I wanna stay far away with our first pick.

for my money I’ll take Troy dye end of 2. Also there’s a fair number of later round guys I like, Markus Bailey, paddy fisher, and some others I can’t think of off the top, all guys around round 5-6 who have real potential

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
According to TDN Gallimore has dominated senior bowl practices consistently and has been regarded as the best player present in a very strong group.

larrell murchison was given a nod as a player who’s flashed a lot, murchison is another guy I really liked.

also josh uche and Zach Baun are being consistently labeled the “best player” among LBs both days

rossihunter2

Staff Member
According to TDN Gallimore has dominated senior bowl practices consistently and has been regarded as the best player present in a very strong group.

larrell murchison was given a nod as a player who’s flashed a lot, murchison is another guy I really liked.

also josh uche and Zach Baun are being consistently labeled the “best player” among LBs both days

Saw a nice rush in dl vs ol by murchison who if not heard of before - surprised about those reports about gallimore - been streaky based on the limited stuff I saw but did take one OL’s lunch money

Not seen much of uche but Baun is showing out

That being said it would be worrying if any of these edge guys didn’t show out given they have the advantage in all the pass rush drills - an OL winning is a massive win in those drills

Davidson probably the best of the DL/Edges that I saw so far

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Saw a nice rush in dl vs ol by murchison who if not heard of before - surprised about those reports about gallimore - been streaky based on the limited stuff I saw but did take one OL’s lunch money

Not seen much of uche but Baun is showing out

That being said it would be worrying if any of these edge guys didn’t show out given they have the advantage in all the pass rush drills - an OL winning is a massive win in those drills

Davidson probably the best of the DL/Edges that I saw so far
You would’ve heard of murchison had you followed my prospects! Lol.

and I really love what I hear about and have seen from Davidson, I was really high on him as an edge who kicks in often but he may be better off as a full time inside guy. Although he may play himself out of our range at this rate

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You would’ve heard of murchison had you followed my prospects! Lol.

and I really love what I hear about and have seen from Davidson, I was really high on him as an edge who kicks in often but he may be better off as a full time inside guy. Although he may play himself out of our range at this rate
also love what I've seen from Davison in the Sr. Bowl and he wins a variety of ways.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
As long as we don't draft anymore Carl Davis or Chris Wormley's or brent urbans I'll be happy.

Get some fucking twitch and/or sheer power in there!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
E974EF1B-B357-4E08-B616-DAD1162719F9.png

I imagine this draft would go over well lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
he did ok - he's really physical - he's absolutely huge for a corner - have a feeling that if he ever makes it in the nfl he's going to get victimised by smaller shiftier receivers - did ok on the special teams drills too
I'm only rooting for us to draft him for the name only. But just based on your assessment and ONLY your assessment, he seems like a mid-rounder at best. But then again, I'm the last person to talk about rating prospects especially after I gave Bosa a 7th round grade based on his silly comments about Black Panther lol.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm only rooting for us to draft him for the name only. But just based on your assessment and ONLY your assessment, he seems like a mid-rounder at best. But then again, I'm the last person to talk about rating prospects especially after I gave Bosa a 7th round grade based on his silly comments about Black Panther lol.

an interesting sub-plot you might also be interested in is that AJ Green (the cornerback in this draft class) is being coached by the bengals in this senior bowl

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Speaking of the Senior Bowl, I wonder how Lamar Jackson the CB fared.
he did ok - he's really physical - he's absolutely huge for a corner - have a feeling that if he ever makes it in the nfl he's going to get victimised by smaller shiftier receivers - did ok on the special teams drills too
I’m wondering if we could draft him to play ST. He could be used to effectively support our ST unit. It would be really cool to have two Lamar Jackson’s on the same team and use them on the field together. Maybe we could even make him wear 28 lol.
an interesting sub-plot you might also be interested in is that AJ Green (the cornerback in this draft class) is being coached by the bengals in this senior bowl
So you’re saying we should draft AJ Green to cover AJ Green? Sold.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m wondering if we could draft him to play ST. He could be used to effectively support our ST unit. It would be really cool to have two Lamar Jackson’s on the same team and use them on the field together. Maybe we could even make him wear 28 lol.

So you’re saying we should draft AJ Green to cover AJ Green? Sold.

draft him in the first round and he'd be the 28th pick too lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I found this from Matt Miller interesting:

The 2020 quarterback class feels like one in which the order is mostly set—Burrow, Tua, Love/Herbert, Jacob Eason from Washington and then Jake Fromm of Georgia. There's a good chance we see all six drafted in the top 50 selections.

In talking to scouts this week, there is a strong feeling that demand will drive up the value of the supply. Take Fromm, for example. There are scouts who believe the Georgia quarterback's football IQ and experience will impress teams enough that they'll overlook a largely average career statistically at Georgia.

You could poke holes in every quarterback prospect in this class—Burrow's inexperience, Tua's injuries, decision-making from Herbert, Love and Eason—but the simple fact that so many teams need a 2020 starter or quarterback of the future is likely to drive value up.

When asked for a prediction, one personnel executive said five quarterbacks will be drafted in the top 15 picks.

8. The bad news about potentially six quarterbacks being drafted in the top 50 picks is that there isn't much depth after that. Oklahoma's Jalen Hurts struggled all week and was seen as maybe the next-best option at quarterback.

On my current big board, there are six quarterbacks in the top 60, but after that, the next quarterback is Hurts at No. 130 overall and then Cole McDonald from Hawaii at No. 185. This lack of quarterback depth in the middle rounds is why we could see aggressive moves from teams to come up the board to take a passer.

This isn't a year to hold off until Round 2 or 3 to get a quarterback you can develop. There's no Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson waiting in this class. If you need a quarterback, you'll be drafting one early.

Could be good news for us if the QB values get inflated because of the scarcity down the board - kind of the opposite of the receivers who might see some of the non-top 3 drifting down the board a little further because of the extreme talent at every level on the board