• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Terrell Suggs: Can/should we get him?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
2 hours to go. I do wonder how claims work? are they ongoing until someone does it before a deadline or if the claim is made is it only made official at 4 pm?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Is Suggs a good move for us?

I thought it was a slam dunk obvious move, but on second thought, that could really throw off the locker room chemistry. Suggs was a larger than life kinda locker room figure here for the last 10 years or so. Right now this is Lamar’s team through and through, and Ingram is the character, and yanda is the pregame hype man. I just don’t see a locker room place for Suggs, but do see a field place for him for sure.

Problem is, how does Suggs fit in with this locker room if he doesn’t have a big fat leadership role to step into? Does he act out because he can’t step in here with the same strong arm he’s always had? Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Suggs have an issue with that

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Is Suggs a good move for us?

I thought it was a slam dunk obvious move, but on second thought, that could really throw off the locker room chemistry. Suggs was a larger than life kinda locker room figure here for the last 10 years or so. Right now this is Lamar’s team through and through, and Ingram is the character, and yanda is the pregame hype man. I just don’t see a locker room place for Suggs, but do see a field place for him for sure.

Problem is, how does Suggs fit in with this locker room if he doesn’t have a big fat leadership role to step into? Does he act out because he can’t step in here with the same strong arm he’s always had? Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Suggs have an issue with that
That's some heavy nonsense Flex.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
the chiefs have lost okafor for the season
they also lost ogbah a few weeks ago

they will obviously try for suggs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the chiefs have lost okafor for the season
they also lost ogbah a few weeks ago

they will obviously try for suggs.
definitely could see them put in a waiver claim as I could also see the Titans put in a claim for him or the Seahawks

2 hours to go. I do wonder how claims work? are they ongoing until someone does it before a deadline or if the claim is made is it only made official at 4 pm?
I don’t know for sure but if d have to think nothing is revealed until the deadline. If someone has already put in a claim that info can’t be released. Wait until all teams submit then reveal at the deadline. Only saying that cause that’s all that makes sense.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t know for sure but if d have to think nothing is revealed until the deadline. If someone has already put in a claim that info can’t be released. Wait until all teams submit then reveal at the deadline. Only saying that cause that’s all that makes sense.

then we're pretty much at a 0% chance of getting him. oh well..

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
well if you click on his name in spotrac.com, you'll see that there wasn't a base salary. If he signed a 2 yr 10m contract, then he would have a salary for next season. Anyway, either way, we no none of the guaranteed money would be transferred over if we claim him.
The 2nd year is a dummy year to spread the signing bonus of 4m over 2 years. The contract automatically voids after this year and Suggs becomes a FA. The 2nd year only shows up on the page for accounting reasons (dead cap) . We would have to pay a share of the base salary which costs us next to nothing

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The 2nd year is a dummy year to spread the signing bonus of 4m over 2 years. The contract automatically voids after this year and Suggs becomes a FA. The 2nd year only shows up on the page for accounting reasons (dead cap) . We would have to pay a share of the base salary which costs us next to nothing
exactly and I just listened to the filmstudy short that said the same thing. It voids on the 5th day of the new league year. Just as I thought it was a voidable year to spread out the signing bonus over two years. That being said, if we claimed him, we wouldn't have any dead cap, because signing bonus or guaranteed money doesn't transfer over.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
claim suggs, he becomes a free agent. Goes to another team and get a comp pick. Wash, Rinse Repeat

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
claim suggs, he becomes a free agent. Goes to another team and get a comp pick. Wash, Rinse Repeat
Maybe this was some clever scheme by Eric and Suggs to get us a comp pick because we know Suggs wears down towards the end of the year lol.

I kid

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
harbs seemed really really serious today at the presser..not in his more jolly moods it seemed.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It's like we are 11 strikes into a bowling game and the lanes have gotten REALLY quiet...