• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The General Front 7 Thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Bowser looks very raw to me off the edge. He has traits to be sure but I don't think he's natural rushing the passer at all.
He isn't close, for example to what someone like Tim Williams brings as a pass rusher.

It's possible, given personnel that we see him primarily covering backs out of the backfield. If he can prove an option for shadowing and shutting down Bell out of the backfield, this would be great for year one.
When I say «natural» I'm talking about physical tools. No doubt TWill is the better pass rusher because he has 5 or 6 moves that he can win with coupled with great get off and length.
What I mean when I say Bowser is a natural pass rusher is that he has some unreal tools to work with. There are plays where he litterally runs the arc before the T touched him. He has problems disengaging, which is a major problem, but he has it all physically to improve in that area, and by learning a more diverse arsenal should already be a handful for OTs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think correa is gonna surprise as well. But not on the edge. I didn't see it at first, but after seeing him attempt to edge rush in the NFL I came to a realization that he may not be able to do it, but he's got a LB skill set. He is probably the fastest player in our front seven, he's light on his feet in space, he form tackles very well, he can sniff guys out pretty well on screens and quick passes, and he can man cover some too.

And as far as edge rushing goes, he's smaller and not very powerful, but that can be worked around with tactical play, chaining together rush snaps to set the tackle up for future rush moves, and attacking one shoulder of the tackle rather than engaging head on, are things he needs to learn. I think he is our ILB this year but in due time he could become useful in the edge rush after a lot of mental development. I think the key for correa playing the edge would be learning to play tactical. Suggs isn't the fastest or strongest guy, but he plays chess with the tackle, he plays each snap with the next snap in mind, setting up opportunities for himself.
Oh I agree, Correa isn't playing the edge in the NFL. I feel he is going to surprise people as the ILB. This year he will be taking the thinking out of the game and playing to the speed he is capable of.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Imagine if Correa and Canady really pan out. That 2016 class will go down as probably the best in our history with a franchise LT and potentially 6 (Dixon, Correa, Young, Canady, Lewis, Judon) starters with the jury being still out on the remaining 4. Plus an UDFA who's already an elite run stuffer.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Imagine if Correa and Canady really pan out. That 2016 class will go down as probably the best in our history with a franchise LT and potentially 6 (Dixon, Correa, Young, Canady, Lewis, Judon) starters with the jury being still out on the remaining 4. Plus an UDFA who's already an elite run stuffer.
Volume yes, but it's certainly hard to say it's better than the first draft class with Ogden and Lewis. First two picks ....... slam dunk hall of famers.

This is not to take anything away from the 2016 class, which could be considered one of the best down the line.

flubberdubber

Practice Squad
That is a class that will help you be in a SB given the potential quality of players relative to their salaries (Seahawks esche). I am also on the Correa is gonna be a solid player this year bandwagon. I am really hoping that last year they were just packing too much on his plate for him to even sniff the field. Pees, like Bill Bilichek, seems known for not letting players on the field unless they know their assignments inside and out.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Volume yes, but it's certainly hard to say it's better than the first draft class with Ogden and Lewis. First two picks ....... slam dunk hall of famers.

This is not to take anything away from the 2016 class, which could be considered one of the best down the line.
there are different ways to view it. 96 was easily the greatest class ever, BUT you could say 08 rivals it because we found our first franchise qb while also finding a RB who was arguably second only to adrian peterson in his better days, and then you could look at 16 and say: we got a possible all-pro caliber franchise LT after years of disastrous attempts, a stud edge defender who can rush and run stop, a guy who could very well be the top slot corner in the league(damn injury), a solid starter on the OL who can play many positions, a stud workhorse rb(if he stays healthy), along with a big bodied corner, a special teams beast, a stupidly fast and high motor bulldog LB... all these guys being under rookie contracts for the next 3 years will be a recipe for a super bowl if they pan out.

i think this class still has questions for sure. im not convinced henry ever becomes an nfl player, im not convinced moore ever steps up above special teams play and id be surprised if he did, i have been a correa fan from day one but im not guaranteeing he pans out either. also the health of dixon is a big concern, and at this point so is tavon young. BUT if most of these question marks pan out(which is honestly not much of a longshot) then were looking at a recipe for a yearly contender. franchise qb, veteran leadership, and loads of young talent who havent cashed out yet. thats how the seahawks dominated for so long, its how the niners accomplished their long stretch, its how the packers got over the hump.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

I don't think Correa ever becomes a starter in the NFL. Not even close. Never liked the pick from the jump. Dixon once he gets things moving will become one of the best duel threats in the league. Stanley is a pro bowler lock. Alex Lewis will become a borderline pro bowl caliber player. Judon is very respectable at the least. Young is a borderline pro bowler but with his size injuries were going to be a prob. Canada the jury is out.

Henry is the wildcard. Could likely be a bust. He is a very very impressive specimen. But probably not the instincts and feel for the game to become a real football player. But if things ever click for him he would be really dominant. But many specimens like him rarely catch on to position's craft.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think Correa ever becomes a starter in the NFL. Not even close. Never liked the pick from the jump. Dixon once he gets things moving will become one of the best duel threats in the league. Stanley is a pro bowler lock. Alex Lewis will become a borderline pro bowl caliber player. Judon is very respectable at the least. Young is a borderline pro bowler but with his size injuries were going to be a prob. Canada the jury is out.

Henry is the wildcard. Could likely be a bust. He is a very very impressive specimen. But probably not the instincts and feel for the game to become a real football player. But if things ever click for him he would be really dominant. But many specimens like him rarely catch on to position's craft.
I never Consider a player taken from the 4th round on who doesn't pan out to be a bust. There is a reason tha player was taken at this point of the draft anyway. It's only a plus if they do pan out. Thats just my opinion though.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I never Consider a player taken from the 4th round on who doesn't pan out to be a bust. There is a reason tha player was taken at this point of the draft anyway. It's only a plus if they do pan out. Thats just my opinion though.

You are correct in my opinion. Henry is such a specimen that if the football player cylinders don't fire it would be such a disappointment!! He could be as good as Kawaan Short. He was expecting to run a 4.8 at 310 lbs. which means he was probably running that in his dry runs. Anybody remember the article on BR or ebony bird talking about from a specimen standpoint he showed off Jernigan by a landslide?? I like DTs that can rush the QB as well as an olb. As I like smaller cornerbacks that play big! Losing young is such a sucky blow!!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think Judon is gonna end up a criminally overlooked and slept on player. I think he's gonna become the next Suggs on this team, not necessarily the same spot but that player that can't leave the field because he does everything at a really high level, but lacking the kinda burst and speed rush that higher touted players get.

I think Judon is gonna end up a criminally overlooked and slept on player. I think he's gonna become the next Suggs on this team, not necessarily the same spot but that player that can't leave the field because he does everything at a really high level, but lacking the kinda burst and speed rush that higher touted players get.

He has All Pro potential with his physical profile as not many power ends have an elite weight adjusted 40, the only issue he has is durability.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I'm afraid of seeing the defense operate when Suggs leaves. Hopefully he has two more full healthy seasons but that is asking a lot.... Definitely one of the most underrated NFL players just because he doesn't put up huge sack totals. And that is because the team loves in run support as well. The defense struggled a bit after Lewis and Reed left, afraid of how the young guys play the edge.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You are correct in my opinion. Henry is such a specimen that if the football player cylinders don't fire it would be such a disappointment!! He could be as good as Kawaan Short. He was expecting to run a 4.8 at 310 lbs. which means he was probably running that in his dry runs. Anybody remember the article on BR or ebony bird talking about from a specimen standpoint he showed off Jernigan by a landslide?? I like DTs that can rush the QB as well as an olb. As I like smaller cornerbacks that play big! Losing young is such a sucky blow!!
I don't remember that article, but I'd love to see it. Agree losing Young sucks. We could have Young, Dixon and Judon become good to very good starters from the 2016 draft, from the 4th and 5th round. Canady and Henry would be would be icing on the cake.

Agree, teams just looked past him because he was a small school guy.

He has All Pro potential with his physical profile as not many power ends have an elite weight adjusted 40, the only issue he has is durability.
When was he injured last season?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm afraid of seeing the defense operate when Suggs leaves. Hopefully he has two more full healthy seasons but that is asking a lot.... Definitely one of the most underrated NFL players just because he doesn't put up huge sack totals. And that is because the team loves in run support as well. The defense struggled a bit after Lewis and Reed left, afraid of how the young guys play the edge.
He's in terrific shape and I could see him playing a couple seasons, but more than likely 2018 will be his last year. Just a hunch

Not to take anything away from Suggs, but on paper the defense is much deeper than when Lewis and Reed left. We seem to be set for the transition to the new generation, unlike when Suggs was injured in 2015.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
He's in terrific shape and I could see him playing a couple seasons, but more than likely 2018 will be his last year. Just a hunch

Not to take anything away from Suggs, but on paper the defense is much deeper than when Lewis and Reed left. We seem to be set for the transition to the new generation, unlike when Suggs was injured in 2015.
I can 100% agree with that. But I also will argue that I think Suggs is playing at a higher level now than Lewis and Reed did their last couple years here. I think Suggs does more for the team at this point in the career.

I don't remember that article, but I'd love to see it. Agree losing Young sucks. We could have Young, Dixon and Judon become good to very good starters from the 2016 draft, from the 4th and 5th round. Canady and Henry would be would be icing on the cake.

Agree, teams just looked past him because he was a small school guy.

When was he injured last season?

I dont think he was, just in college.