• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NFL Combine

JO_75

Hall of Famer
CD Lamb's 4.5 will drop him to 28 right? someone say yes

I wouldn't put it past the Cardinals or Browns to draft him to give Murray and Baker a familiar face to throw to. Kingsbury already said that Kyler told him if it was up to him, Lamb would be his choice for their first round pick.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I wouldn't put it past the Cardinals or Browns to draft him to give Murray and Baker a familiar face to throw to. Kingsbury already said that Kyler told him if it was up to him, Lamb would be his choice for their first round pick.
Murray must like getting sacked 50 times per year then

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I try not to overreact to this stuff but this kinda makes me wanna take mims at 28 lmao

you've got to think the ravens love the other bits of his game - he's the best blocker in the class by a mile - actively relishes blocking not just does it he enjoys it - and you see that physicality in his play at the catch point and it gives you a sense of how good he can be against press (which he was already better at during the senior bowl)

Mims is everything that people said tee higgins would be as the process started

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I try not to overreact to this stuff but this kinda makes me wanna take mims at 28 lmao

If there’s ever a year I wanted us to trade out of the first round, it’s this year. The 2nd round is loaded.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Folks, now that most of you have seen the WRs' in action, who do you think is a sure shot pick for the Ravens in rounds 2, 3 & 4? Who should I be watching as possibilities?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@rossihunter2 @allblackraven aftwr seeing that mims is actually a great athlete, which was hard to gauge from that goddamn Baylor film, I’m getting Julio vibes, I don’t remember another receiver who could make the catches that he makes, who can play at that size and have legitimate burner speed, and is more than fluid and shifty enough to create separation and also uses that big body to stay unpressed and consistently win leverage when big body rookie wrs usually struggle with that exact thing.

like I want us to get a lb or ol or edge, but damn if mims becomes what I think he can and we pass on him, I’m gonna be upset lol. This guy with pro coaching could be something special.

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Folks, now that most of you have seen the WRs' in action, who do you think is a sure shot pick for the Ravens in rounds 2, 3 & 4? Who should I be watching as possibilities?
I dnt think combine changes anything.. maybe if you have two wrs who you value the same and one runs a 4.3 and other a 4.5.. other than that i dnt see how combine changes people views how it does sometimes

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

Laviska Shenault, Jalen Reagor, Brandon Aiyuk, and …… Me . I reportedly ran a 4.10 40 yard dash, my vertical jump was 45, and my 3 cone drill time was 6.25. I'm from Sandtown University and my name is Josh Gotcha. Be on the lookout for Josh because he is a sleeper in this year draft ;)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I knew Aiyuk had a crazy wingspan but at 5'11 he has a larger wingspan than all except juwan johnson (who is 6'4), isaiah hodgins (who is over 6'3), Tee Higgins (who is over 6'3), Binjimen Victor (who is over 6'3) - so only 4 guys have longer wingspans and they're all 6'3+

there's only one other guy with the same 80" wingspan as him which is chase claypool who is 6'4...

that is patently ridiculous
Bruh WTF.. i have yet to watch much of him.. gonna check him out though cause thats just crazy

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I dnt think combine changes anything.. maybe if you have two wrs who you value the same and one runs a 4.3 and other a 4.5.. other than that i dnt see how combine changes people views how it does sometimes
When you’re very undersized, have limited quality film due to bad qb play, and also have a few drops in your film, you need to confirm your speedster/YAC weapon skillset at The combine and he did The exact opposite.

look for him to be available for our 2nd rounder
Denzel Mims 3 cone drill time was 6.66 seconds... That is ridiculous for a guy his size.
jesus. I put a lot of stock into 3 cones, everyone knows I like flexible players who can change direction, mims basically became my favorite for our first rounder today. This and the senior bowl shows he is much more than what Baylor allowed him to be. At this point we have to hope he even falls to 28

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
When you’re very undersized, have limited quality film due to bad qb play, and also have a few drops in your film, you need to confirm your speedster/YAC weapon skillset at The combine and he did The exact opposite.

look for him to be available for our 2nd rounder
jesus. I put a lot of stock into 3 cones, everyone knows I like flexible players who can change direction, mims basically became my favorite for our first rounder today. This and the senior bowl shows he is much more than what Baylor allowed him to be. At this point we have to hope he even falls to 28
I understand but none of it could translate to the field.. some people have 40 speed and some have football speed. I love the fact that combine helps people but i dislike how it fucks up people stock and causes them to get bashed ..like how most everyone here talked down on orlando brown after that bad combine.. on the field he was stud in college

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Denzel Mims 3 cone drill time was 6.66 seconds... That is ridiculous for a guy his size.

he clearly moves well and has flexibility on film but to have the quickest time of any receiver at nearly 6'3" is outrageous

Mims has every trait you'd ever want in a receiver - Height, weight, speed, flexibility, agility, physicality in the running game, great hands, coachability

the only things missing on tape are his releases against press and some nuanced and diverse route running - the first he's already looked improved at and the second is something he'll learn

his film is awesome too

rossihunter2

Staff Member

as much as i dont think the combine will negatively affect reagor and aiyuk a lot, i have to think that mims has done everything possible to put himself in the top 5 receivers in the class