• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2020 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
watching the hollywood offseason stuff and it's so clear that the thing he's working on most (other than just continuing to develop that suddenness) are his releases especially vs press and the way he's clearly creating an arsenal of moves to get off press and challenging the CBs feet to force them to turn early and to keep hands off him early

i think in his head he knows that if he wins early against press without the CB getting hands on him effectively then a massive play is coming

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
People are not ready for marquise
I think he could be come an all time great.
Seriously I don’t think anyone outside of the fan base sees what’s coming, Hollywood and Lamar are going to be the greatest tandem of this generation, Steve young and jerry rice, Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison, Lamar Jackson and Hollywood brown.

he’s being slept on the same way lamar was slept on. These people still think there’s nobody to throw him the ball, and they all still think he’s too small, these folks don’t even know what’s going on behind the scenes with this dude lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
watching the hollywood offseason stuff and it's so clear that the thing he's working on most (other than just continuing to develop that suddenness) are his releases especially vs press and the way he's clearly creating an arsenal of moves to get off press and challenging the CBs feet to force them to turn early and to keep hands off him early

i think in his head he knows that if he wins early against press without the CB getting hands on him effectively then a massive play is coming
And the absolute best part of this is that you need a certain level of chemistry between the wr and qb to pull this off consistently. You already know these 2 are gonna be going outside of the play call when they see the opportunity for this, because they’ll be prepared for it, shit you’ll have the whole offense running the play that Roman called but Lamar and Hollywood are on their own page throwing fades on 3rd and 1 lol.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And the absolute best part of this is that you need a certain level of chemistry between the wr and qb to pull this off consistently. You already know these 2 are gonna be going outside of the play call when they see the opportunity for this, because they’ll be prepared for it, shit you’ll have the whole offense running the play that Roman called but Lamar and Hollywood are on their own page throwing fades on 3rd and 1 lol.

i really hope that training camp happens as scheduled because getting these 2 together in a structured environment against real competition is going to do amazing things

it's great they're working together on their own (it all helps) but with all-pro DBs to fight against in training camp you just know these 2 are going to learn next-level type nuances about how to beat the best CB tandem in the NFL

JO_75

Hall of Famer
ROGER GOODELLC, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

The NFL has officially cancelled mandatory minicamps and extended the "virtual offseason program" through June 26.
This was long expected. Many teams are already ending their "virtual" offseasons ahead of the currently-planned training camp report date of July 28. With COVID-19 still a nationwide issue and recently resurgent in several NFL states, all these plans should be considered written in pencil for the time being.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Judon press conference coming up shortly. Kind of random

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My man. Brain, not hot air in his head.

he also said at one point that it'd either happen in the next 30 days or so or it wouldnt and he wasnt going to worry about it

apart from the funny twitter baiting - he's handled this whole situation incredibly maturely and been more happy to compromise than other players have shown they would

that even goes to the compromise to meet the tag value halfway between ILB and DL and agree it

even if he never gets a longterm deal, we can have no complaints about how he's handled this situation

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he also said at one point that it'd either happen in the next 30 days or so or it wouldnt and he wasnt going to worry about it

apart from the funny twitter baiting - he's handled this whole situation incredibly maturely and been more happy to compromise than other players have shown they would

that even goes to the compromise to meet the tag value halfway between ILB and DL and agree it

even if he never gets a longterm deal, we can have no complaints about how he's handled this situation
That’s true. Judon surprised the hell out of me. I kept thinking he was being childish with his Twitter remarks and what not, but once he signed the tag I thought a lot more highly of him, I kinda thought he was gonna hold out

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That’s true. Judon surprised the hell out of me. I kept thinking he was being childish with his Twitter remarks and what not, but once he signed the tag I thought a lot more highly of him, I kinda thought he was gonna hold out

ive never been worried about that honestly - id been thinking about whether we should tag and trade before the offseason began but as soon as we traded for calais campbell and tried to sign brockers, the priority for me became keeping judon in the building

i just hope that with the talent around him now we get to see him take over games in the way he has in the past and we know he can do (he just doesnt all the time)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
ive never been worried about that honestly - id been thinking about whether we should tag and trade before the offseason began but as soon as we traded for calais campbell and tried to sign brockers, the priority for me became keeping judon in the building

i just hope that with the talent around him now we get to see him take over games in the way he has in the past and we know he can do (he just doesnt all the time)
I’m on the same exact page. Although I was desperately hoping we could’ve traded Judon for a 2 and then used the cap savings from the tag to sign an iOL. But yeah when we went all in on the DL it was apparent that we were all in on the next 2 seasons and if Judon played on the tag it would be because he wants a ring.

I love that he’s playing for the right reasons, doing it for his team.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m on the same exact page. Although I was desperately hoping we could’ve traded Judon for a 2 and then used the cap savings from the tag to sign an iOL. But yeah when we went all in on the DL it was apparent that we were all in on the next 2 seasons and if Judon played on the tag it would be because he wants a ring.

I love that he’s playing for the right reasons, doing it for his team.

and the ravens are clearly still interested in paying him on a long-term basis in some fashion - we'll see how this season goes and what happens with the cap next year but i dont think its a done deal that he's not playing for us beyond the 2020 season either yet