• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Post-Draft Discussion Thread

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is anyone actually ok with how our current OL stands today?

yup..we devlop O line guys better than anyone with Joe D . He's an elite o line coach and im sure he'll turn a couple of the prospects/young ones into very good players. We have depth and O line coaching is super big of a deal. We have a variety of options to choose from. 1 will be more than better than average for sure.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
yup..we devlop O line guys better than anyone with Joe D . He's an elite o line coach and im sure he'll turn a couple of the prospects/young ones into very good players. We have depth and O line coaching is super big of a deal. We have a variety of options to choose from. 1 will be more than better than average for sure.
Come out now!! Who took over this account??

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If our offense couldnt do much against titans, i can only imagine what wouldve happened vs that 2008 defense.
2008 ravens were a vintage defense, this is 2019, that titans defense is mad underrated in its own right, but in comparison they are a LOT faster than the 08 ravens.

08 ravens weren’t fast enough, they would’ve been in a track meet and they weren’t built for it. And they weren’t impossible to run on either, Remember what the giants did to that defense? Oh and the titans beat us early in the year too by running the ball.

that 08 team won a shit ton off of turnovers, and when they weren’t absolutely crushing the turnover battle they lost. We stopped winning the turnover battle in 09 as is usually the case and we dropped 2 games to 9-7. The 19 ravens didn’t turn the ball over and they took it at a solid rate.

literally nothing lines up for the 08 ravens to beat the 19 ravens. If the 49ers and bills couldn’t beat us, the 08 squad couldn’t.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Well shit.. if you got hope, i do too.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
2008 ravens were a vintage defense, this is 2019, that titans defense is mad underrated in its own right, but in comparison they are a LOT faster than the 08 ravens.

08 ravens weren’t fast enough, they would’ve been in a track meet and they weren’t built for it. And they weren’t impossible to run on either, Remember what the giants did to that defense? Oh and the titans beat us early in the year too by running the ball.

that 08 team won a shit ton off of turnovers, and when they weren’t absolutely crushing the turnover battle they lost. We stopped winning the turnover battle in 09 as is usually the case and we dropped 2 games to 9-7. The 19 ravens didn’t turn the ball over and they took it at a solid rate.

literally nothing lines up for the 08 ravens to beat the 19 ravens. If the 49ers and bills couldn’t beat us, the 08 squad couldn’t.
Youre forgetting who was on that team.. the three smartest players ever at their position. Reed, lewis and suggs.. it wouldve been a track meet? Lol where at? Yea with lamar and thats it!! 2019 ravens turned the ball over in playoffs by the way!!Speed dont mean anything when the players arent that good to begin with.. lamar wouldve been a problem ofcourse but not brown..if our wrs couldnt get open vs titans, there is no way we wouldve gotten open vs 08 Ravens. Titans dline was giving us hell, our dline in 08 was much better..

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Youre forgetting who was on that team.. the three smartest players ever at their position. Reed, lewis and suggs.. it wouldve been a track meet? Lol where at? Yea with lamar and thats it!! 2019 ravens turned the ball over in playoffs by the way!!Speed dont mean anything when the players arent that good to begin with.. lamar wouldve been a problem ofcourse but not brown..if our wrs couldnt get open vs titans, there is no way we wouldve gotten open vs 08 Ravens. Titans dline was giving us hell, our dline in 08 was much better..
You never said anything about the team that showed up for the playoffs, 2 of the 3 superstars on offense were injured, most quality starters had been out of football for 3 weeks, you’re taking what you saw in one game out of 17 and using that as the only measure.

also, Titans had athletes to run with us, that was the difference. That ravens team had nobody to run with Hollywood brown or Lamar.

and again, that 08 team lost twice to the Steelers, they lost to the titans, got CRUSHED by the giants and colts. They weren’t a special team at all, they were a good team that played good defense and ran the ball and got a lot of turnovers, turnovers can’t be counted on to beat superior teams week in and week out, the 19 ravens in their best form is beating the 08 ravens in their best form, that defense wasn’t unbeatable AT ALL

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
You never said anything about the team that showed up for the playoffs, 2 of the 3 superstars on offense were injured, most quality starters had been out of football for 3 weeks, you’re taking what you saw in one game out of 17 and using that as the only measure.

also, Titans had athletes to run with us, that was the difference. That ravens team had nobody to run with Hollywood brown or Lamar.

and again, that 08 team lost twice to the Steelers, they lost to the titans, got CRUSHED by the giants and colts. They weren’t a special team at all, they were a good team that played good defense and ran the ball and got a lot of turnovers, turnovers can’t be counted on to beat superior teams week in and week out, the 19 ravens in their best form is beating the 08 ravens in their best form, that defense wasn’t unbeatable AT ALL
i cant see them losing to a hollywood brown led wr core lol.. fabian washington was our cb then by the way. I think he is one of the fastest cbs to come out ever. Also, our oline then was really good from what i remember. Last years offense wouldve looked exactly the same vs us as they did on titans.. we lost to tannheill bro. That shit was heartbreaking frfr. We wouldve ran all over last yr team and committed turnovers, exactly as titans did..... put it this way, 2008 ravens would not have lost to the titans with tannehill lol.. idc if 2008 ravens lost 50-0 in 2008.. i know for sure they wouldve have lost to tannehill titans..

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Im unsure about dunevay, dont really see anythint that would make me tell people to watch out for him.. if we can use him like how he was used in college, that would be great but i doubt nfl coaches will give him all those free releases like that

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i cant see them losing to a hollywood brown led wr core lol.. fabian washington was our cb then by the way. I think he is one of the fastest cbs to come out ever. Also, our oline then was really good from what i remember. Last years offense wouldve looked exactly the same vs us as they did on titans.. we lost to tannheill bro. That shit was heartbreaking frfr. We wouldve ran all over last yr team and committed turnovers, exactly as titans did..... put it this way, 2008 ravens would not have lost to the titans with tannehill lol.. idc if 2008 ravens lost 50-0 in 2008.. i know for sure they wouldve have lost to tannehill titans..
They lost to Kerry Collins and an inferior titans team in 2008.

losing to Kerry Collins at home is worse than losing to tannehill at home

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ok, guys this is the Post Draft Thread. Stick to the topic or it will be shut down

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Feel really good about this draft. Think we really solidified the defense and should be a lot better against the run this year. Also, really excited to see what Duvernay adds to our offense and ST. Dobbins has a chance to make an immediate impact as well and it wouldn't surprise me to see him start to steal more carries from Ingram as the year goes on.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Still think broderick washington was a headscratcher. I've come around all the other picks i questioned but this one isn't a need and he def was not best player available

Last edited: