• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Post-Draft Discussion Thread

haha if you'd seen me in the draft threads going feral about madubuike it wouldnt have been a surprise lol - he's been my "guy" since very early on in the process and I had a 1st round grade on him
Actually it was you’re discussion around him that got me looking then I saw other analysts talking about him and thought he’d a luxury we can’t likely afford In terms of where he’d be taken. To go back get additional picks and get him is amazing.

DoWhatNow

Practice Squad
I’m excited to see how Tyre Phillips does on the inside. A massive mauling roadgrader? What if he turns out to be another KO. Imagine an unbalanced line of Phillips, Zeus Jr. Stanley and Boyle. The Ravens wouldn't be stopped on 4 and 1 again

Charm City

Pro Bowler
The more you watch of him the more he impresses you. Like idk what I'm missing here with this guy
Just watched the playoff game against Clemson and he looked like he had all the traits of a three-down RB. Picked up blitzes on almost all occasions except for one where he picked up the rusher but still got beat to the QB. His balance was very nice, even better considering the field was supposedly slippery. The one knock that I kept seeing brought up was his dropped screen pass, but he clearly took his eyes off the ball, which is an easy fix. He had 5+ catches in that game, so he is clearly a threat there.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just watched the playoff game against Clemson and he looked like he had all the traits of a three-down RB. Picked up blitzes on almost all occasions except for one where he picked up the rusher but still got beat to the QB. His balance was very nice, even better considering the field was supposedly slippery. The one knock that I kept seeing brought up was his dropped screen pass, but he clearly took his eyes off the ball, which is an easy fix. He had 5+ catches in that game, so he is clearly a threat there.
I honestly feel bad for him for the 1st TD that was overturned. That's a tough play for a player man. And he battled through injury that game

Batcerb

Practice Squad
Had to share

94486723_3290354921011173_3175435906534342656_o.jpg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Naw but he never was a great qb the way people thought he was.. made excuses for him and even worse when his time was clearly up, people still didnt wanna accept it.. yet, soon as he leave, like every other former Raven, thats when people show their colors on how they feel.. optimistic when theyre here but bashes them soon as they leave..

I say perriman was def being fanboyed( prolly not a word).. if we wouldve grabbed murry instead of queen, we wouldve seen it there too... i even see it with rg3 and seen it with mallet lol.. anyway, im lost on what we even started here
I’m asking what rookie in this ravens draft class do you think we are fanboying right now lol, you implied that we are doing that and that’s how the topic started

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah his Clemson game was a work of art lol, multiple big runs, should’ve been 2 TDs, many first down catches on swing passes, and his pass protection was awesome.

really looking forward to seeing what Lamar can do with that pass protecting back, he hasnt had one before and buying him an extra few motions in the pocket could be a total game changer considering how much he is relying on mechanics right now

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The more you watch of him the more he impresses you. Like idk what I'm missing here with this guy

i think you're probably seeing what the ravens saw which is someone with a first round grade on their board

they really thought hed be long gone

tbf they did say pre-draft that they werent necessarily looking for RB help because they were happy with the room but if there's someone they see as a potential star available they're not going to turn it down

and it looks like that's what happened

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think his best tape is wisconsin - but tbf i havent found "bad" tape of him yet lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah his Clemson game was a work of art lol, multiple big runs, should’ve been 2 TDs, many first down catches on swing passes, and his pass protection was awesome.

really looking forward to seeing what Lamar can do with that pass protecting back, he hasnt had one before and buying him an extra few motions in the pocket could be a total game changer considering how much he is relying on mechanics right now

idk i think ingram has been pretty excellent as a pass protector

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I remember that 2000 hurricanes team being crazy.. my uncle was actually apart them crazy ass mfs during the 80s.. he was there with micheal irvin. He is like half the reason why im a Ravens fan.
actually I think that is the team I was thinking of and not the Jimmy Johnson era Hurricanes. it may have been the team with Reed, Moss, Portis, Taylor that was the best ever.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-nfl-draft-bronson-rechsteiner-kennesaw-ajaj

at 230 pounds why not use him as a RB? Look at these numbers! No reason to think he couldnt do what Gus does.

or could we try and use him a little like we used to use Juice? Could we debut the 2 FB offence for the modern NFL?

like with most of the back end of the roster guys though, he'll have to win his way onto the team on special teams - and with his crazy strength and athleticism and physicality you have to think he should be a natural fit on special teams

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So this is just some book keeping to see how many players should be considered for a 53 man spot. This will give us an idea of how many though decisions there will be.

QB LJ, RG3, Trace 3
RB Ingram, Gus, JK, Hill 7
FB Ricard 8
TE Andrews, Boyle, somebody else 11
WR Hollywood, Boykin, Snead, Duvernay, Proche, Moore, Scott 18
OL Stanley, Bozeman, Skura, Mekari, Brown, Powers, Phillips, Bredeson 26

S Earl, Chuck, Elliot, Levine, Stone 31
CB Marlon, Peters, Jimmy, Young, AA, Marshall 37
ILB Queen, Harrison, Fort, Board, Alaka 42
OLB Judon, Ferguson, Bowser 45
DL Campbell, Wolfe, BWill, Justin M, Washington, Ellis, Ward, Mack 53

WOLFPACK 56

Wow!!! I was expecting us to be way over. But if we're only 3 over it's not hard to remove one of Scott, Alaka, a running back, or 1 DLineman. It seems to me outside of the TE spot, it's going to be very hard for a UDFA to make this team. But boy does this roster look stacked.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
So this is just some book keeping to see how many players should be considered for a 53 man spot. This will give us an idea of how many though decisions there will be.

QB LJ, RG3, Trace 3
RB Ingram, Gus, JK, Hill 7
FB Ricard 8
TE Andrews, Boyle, somebody else 11
WR Hollywood, Boykin, Snead, Duvernay, Proche, Moore, Scott 18
OL Stanley, Bozeman, Skura, Mekari, Brown, Powers, Phillips, Bredeson 26

S Earl, Chuck, Elliot, Levine, Stone 31
CB Marlon, Peters, Jimmy, Young, AA, Marshall 37
ILB Queen, Harrison, Fort, Board, Alaka 42
OLB Judon, Ferguson, Bowser 45
DL Campbell, Wolfe, BWill, Justin M, Washington, Ellis, Ward, Mack 53

WOLFPACK 56

Wow!!! I was expecting us to be way over. But if we're only 3 over it's not hard to remove one of Scott, Alaka, a running back, or 1 DLineman. It seems to me outside of the TE spot, it's going to be very hard for a UDFA to make this team. But boy does this roster look stacked.

i think there will be some guys that wont be on the team that you wouldn't expect. For example, Board I could see not making the team, same with Mack, Moore, Hill and Scott.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i think there will be some guys that wont be on the team that you wouldn't expect. For example, Board I could see not making the team, same with Mack, Moore, Hill and Scott.

I agree. At the end of the day though, I feel like most years there are some cuts that people are like oh no, I wanted that guy to make it and really improve blah blah blah. This year, I feel the roster is staked that whatever the cuts are, its not going to be as sad.

I agree. At the end of the day though, I feel like most years there are some cuts that people are like oh no, I wanted that guy to make it and really improve blah blah blah. This year, I feel the roster is staked that whatever the cuts are, its not going to be as sad.
You guys are going to kick some KC butt this year.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
What's really interesting about the way we drafted this year is we focused on core traits. Dobbins doesn't fumble. Duvernay and Proche don't drop the ball. None are the greatest athletes, but they get the job done consistently. All of the players we drafted are supposedly really high IQ players. I think we have shifted focus under EDC to take potentially more unspectacular players at the college level who display really good core traits with the hope that our coaching staff can make them spectacular pros. The mindset may be take high floor players that we have the faith in elevating.