• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 General Draft Thoughts

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maaan, I can definitely see EDC scouting chiefs offense and going after a prospect like Waddle.

Tyreek Hill + Mecole Hardman = Hollywood Brown + Jaylen Waddle

Bringing this back.

imagine trying to defend waddle and hollywood with Jk + Lamar running down your throat.

please football gods..

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
imagine

and to be fair we haven't drafted a Bama player at all since Ozzie's last draft lol - we're due one

nor any under the radar, small school prospects lol. All power 5’s.

wonder if EDC has Ozzie on mute during their zoom conference lol.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
nor any under the radar, small school prospects lol. All power 5’s.

wonder if EDC has Ozzie on mute during their zoom conference lol.

jaylon ferguson was a small(ish) school guy right? albeit not particularly under the radar though

that's an area i'd certainly expect to see EDC interested in most years though tbf (maybe not 2020 given the pandemic limiting interviews/face-to-face time and workouts and pro-days etc.)

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
jaylon ferguson was a small(ish) school guy right? albeit not particularly under the radar though

that's an area i'd certainly expect to see EDC interested in most years though tbf (maybe not 2020 given the pandemic limiting interviews/face-to-face time and workouts and pro-days etc.)

oh yeah, I was just thinking about the 2020 draft

rossihunter2

Staff Member
oh yeah, I was just thinking about the 2020 draft

i get it in 2020 though - you dont have the same ability to get that information on those smaller school guys that you would otherwise

and they'll probably struggle in the 2021 draft too because they won't get that 1 or 2 games a year against higher level of competition where its crucial to see if they still perform when the difficulty goes up - but there's no cross-conference games really this year to allow that to happen

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You have to think Jaylen Waddle is gonna be the 1st WR taken - you gotta respect Jamarr Chase's decision to skip out on this season but the Waddle tape is gonna be way fresher on evaluators's minds when we get to draft season and Devonta Smith is great but Waddle's gonna absolutely destroy the combine

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Obviously edge rusher is probably going to be the biggest need on this team in the 2021 offseason but I think WR is still somewhere we need to add some day1/day2 talent
I think duvernay is gonna be a guy we count on. unless we’re able to rack up a lot of picks in day 2 i don’t think wr would be a position that we aggressively go after.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think duvernay is gonna be a guy we count on. unless we’re able to rack up a lot of picks in day 2 i don’t think wr would be a position that we aggressively go after.

we'll see how we feel after the 2020 season with duvernay and proche etc. but i think WR would be a top 3 need on this team if we hit the offseason tomorrow:

EDGE
OL
WR

we could always do with extra depth everywhere but those would feel like the primary positions that would need addressing

maybe add in slot CB too to that list

JO_75

Hall of Famer
we'll see how we feel after the 2020 season with duvernay and proche etc. but i think WR would be a top 3 need on this team if we hit the offseason tomorrow:

EDGE
OL
WR

we could always do with extra depth everywhere but those would feel like the primary positions that would need addressing

maybe add in slot CB too to that list

I'm sitting here pondering, maybe it's time to pull off a Falcons type of trade for a star WR or an Edge Rusher. I feel if we can get Melvin Ingram or Von Miller in FA, we will be set at Edge. Signing one of them would be similar to when we signed Dumervil. I don't know what it would take but assuming we are in the 25-32 range, should consider a trade up for a star WR like Ja'Marr Chase but at the same time feel we could only trade up into the late teens, not give up as much and still get DeVonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle.

I also like Wyatt Davis too as a potential first round pick or trade up in the second especially after last Sunday when we were rotating guards. We have to do something big to give us one Super Bowl with Lamar BEFORE the big commitment to Lamar and his second contract, once we pay Lamar that's it as far as cap.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm sitting here pondering, maybe it's time to pull off a Falcons type of trade for a star WR or an Edge Rusher. I feel if we can get Melvin Ingram or Von Miller in FA, we will be set at Edge. Signing one of them would be similar to when we signed Dumervil. I don't know what it would take but assuming we are in the 25-32 range, should consider a trade up for a star WR like Ja'Marr Chase but at the same time feel we could only trade up into the late teens, not give up as much and still get DeVonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle.

I also like Wyatt Davis too as a potential first round pick or trade up in the second especially after last Sunday when we were rotating guards. We have to do something big to give us one Super Bowl with Lamar BEFORE the big commitment to Lamar and his second contract, once we pay Lamar that's it as far as cap.

i just cant ever see the value in mortgaging your future for 1 player and the idea of is anathema to the longterm philosophy of EDC and co in the front office