• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Nico Siragusa

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wanted to say Eluemunor at LG and Siragusa as a center.

I'm always a bit wary of a rookie center (unless it's a guy like Frederick) never mind a rookie thats never played C given put in from the get go.

I like Siragusa at LG. I dont think eluemunor gets starting time this year. He needs a lot of development.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I'm always a bit wary of a rookie center (unless it's a guy like Frederick) never mind a rookie thats never played C given put in from the get go.

I like Siragusa at LG. I dont think eluemunor gets starting time this year. He needs a lot of development.

Probably correct being he didn't play center in college. Let's not count him out however. And Siragusa is in need of coaching. However at RG maybe Eluemunors and strength athleticism can get him through although not likely. But he may be ready for guard.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Siragusa holds a lot of potential to be a quality OL for us this year. Regardless of who it is, someone will need to step up since we lost Zuttah and Wagner on the OL. We have a lot of names but it's hard for me to be excited about the current group. I just hope someone does well at C of all positions because we need some continuity there.

As for this stuff on how we aren't supposed to eat animals then tell me why something called pernicious anemia exists due to a deficiency in B12, which naturally occurs in food from animals and not plants? I'll never argue the health benefits of eating less or no meat but to say we're not meant to eat meat seems factually incorrect.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Siragusa holds a lot of potential to be a quality OL for us this year. Regardless of who it is, someone will need to step up since we lost Zuttah and Wagner on the OL. We have a lot of names but it's hard for me to be excited about the current group. I just hope someone does well at C of all positions because we need some continuity there.

As for this stuff on how we aren't supposed to eat animals then tell me why something called pernicious anemia exists due to a deficiency in B12, which naturally occurs in food from animals and not plants? I'll never argue the health benefits of eating less or no meat but to say we're not meant to eat meat seems factually incorrect.

Sigh..that's been debunked.

have a good read. I've never been/felt healthier. Athletes all say the same once they stop eating meat/dairy/gluten etc..

that must mean something.Body is designed to be optimal through non-meat/non-dairy/ no gluten diet. We are herbivores. Plain and simple.

Why are people so obsessed with a diet which actually isn't optimal for our system(s) and also encourages animal cruelty and killing? I ate meat for 25 years.. I started to see and feel life differently and made changes and I feel better than I ever had. I also always ate ''healthy''. Had my meat protein, veggies fruits etc..no soft drinks, and crap food..all that b12 and protein which people speak of..

yet I didn't feel as good as I do now..my stamina and cardio health is better at 33 than it was at 23

http://www.naturalnews.com/029531_vitamin_B12_vegan.html

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

have a good read. I've never been/felt healthier. Athletes all say the same once they stop eating meat/dairy/gluten etc..

that must mean something.Body is designed to be optimal through non-meat/non-dairy/ no gluten diet. We are herbivores. Plain and simple.

Why are people so obsessed with a diet which actually isn't optimal for our system(s) and also encourages animal cruelty and killing? I ate meat for 25 years.. I started to see and feel life differently and made changes and I feel better than I ever had. I also always ate ''healthy''. Had my meat protein, veggies fruits etc..no soft drinks, and crap food..all that b12 and protein which people speak of..

yet I didn't feel as good as I do now..my stamina and cardio health is better at 33 than it was at 23

You should really avoid posting sources on this subject that aren't reliable or accurate. That's a loose source at best. I checked the sources cited in that article and they really don't support the argument advertised. B12 is a necessary vitamin we need and it's found naturally in animal products. You don't need to eat flesh to get it but you must eat some animal product to get it. I never once said eating less or no meat is any less healthy. There's definitely many benefits to it. I won't agree that we are meant to be herbivores though.

And no offense but I have two degrees with one in nursing so I'm very qualified as a subject matter expert here. Don't get upset by the fact that I'm telling you your theory that were meant to not eat animal products is just that--a theory. Your other points most certainly have merit.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
b12 is actually naturally occurring in algae's and other kinds of weeds. B vitamins are also created through probiotcs ( pre biotics in particular)
in a healthy environments, filled with lots of biodiversities this would be found in naturally and with a high level of potency. sadly, due to the lack of permaculture and lush nature around us, the bioavailability of such high potency b12 sources are limited. However, certain pre and probiotic strains and create full spectrums of natural b12.
[doublepost=1495411228,1495411135][/doublepost]Humans used to have access to far more potent vitamin/mineral sources. However, our lack of care for our enviroment makes these algaes and seaweeds a lot more rare and expensive ''superfoods''.
[doublepost=1495411662][/doublepost]by the way..the only reason WHY b12 is available in meat (cows,fish etc) is because of the micro organisms they eat. b12 is far more prominent in herbivores than carnivores. Work that one out ;) It's because they eat non modified and wild grasses/weeds/algaes

which we have been avoiding in our diets.

We should be eating the microorganisms.
[doublepost=1495411789][/doublepost]Another source

- To be truly healthful, a diet must be best not just for individuals in isolation but must allow all people all over the world to thrive and achieve a sustainable coexistence with the many other species that form the "living earth". From this standpoint, the natural adaptation for most (possibly all) humans in the modern world is a vegan diet. There is nothing natural about the abomination of modern factory farming and its attempt to reduce living, feeling beings to machines. In choosing to use fortified foods or B12 supplements, vegans are taking their B12 from the same source as every other animal on the planet - micro-organisms - without causing suffering to any sentient being or causing environmental damage.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
There might as well be a vegetarian thread, because I doubt Siragusa is vegetarian.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
It doesn't bother me. What bothers me is when one of our players ..eluemenor in this case, says theres'' no thrill like shooting a mountain lion and deer'' and he has photos posing with an innocent dead animal which he shot out of nothing else but his barbaric and nasty mindset.

that's how this started..

I don't hate non vegans- non-vegetarians..im not one of those anal types..im pretty easy going but I'm just expressing my journey in this and why i feel this way.

BUT i despise animal cruelty and people who have some sick joy in killing for '' the thril''.

They wouldnt be on my football team.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

There is no denying that less meat is healthier overall, but we are not discussing this in the Goose thread. Seriously.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol..end diet thread now :p

this was more to do with elumenors animal cruelty. Nothing to do with goose or diet.
[doublepost=1495413452,1495413374][/doublepost]Terrell suggs is very anti-animal cruelty. Probably would bitch slap elumenor if he ever bragged about killing and posing for pics. Would like to see that personally.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

this was more to do with elumenors animal cruelty. Nothing to do with goose or diet.
[doublepost=1495413452,1495413374][/doublepost]Terrell suggs is very anti-animal cruelty. Probably would bitch slap elumenor if he ever bragged about killing and posing for pics. Would like to see that personally.

i know this was about Elumenors animal cruelty, but it dragged on a little too long.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Something about Nico Siragusa, his personality, his joyous demeanor and the fact that he is so loose tells me he plays hard and loose as well. If he can learn our offense well I think he can be a gem of a find. I am just very bullish on him being the LG this coming season.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Something about Nico Siragusa, his personality, his joyous demeanor and the fact that he is so loose tells me he plays hard and loose as well. If he can learn our offense well I think he can be a gem of a find. I am just very bullish on him being the LG this coming season.

Thank you for bringing that up! He seems very intelligent. I wouldn't count him out learning center and starting there. He has expressed interest in the position. However if the bigger better 2015 version of Jensen shows up I think he wins Center. And wins it decisively while going on to be on of the best centers in the league. However if last yrs undersized Jensen shows up then the job at center is up for grabs

Eluemunor Is very raw but is very strong and athletic. He probably isn't ready to play right tackle but it wouldn't surprise me if his sheer strength athleticism and explosion of the ball can get him through through RG his rookie year. I really like Eluemunor and Siragusa. Experience is biggest obstacle against Siragusa at center and Eluemunor at RG. Eluemunor has more raw skill than Dawkins and Moton that went in round 2. He is far stronger, moves better and explodes off the ball.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I love Siragusa more than any player in this draft class. I watched him play a game earlier this season and he was the reason for that legendary college rush attack. I think we found Yanda 2.0 and he will be a beast at left guard. It is strange, just a feeling I get about players. The last time I felt this high on a guy was Brandon Williams. I think this will work out amazing for us.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love Siragusa more than any player in this draft class. I watched him play a game earlier this season and he was the reason for that legendary college rush attack. I think we found Yanda 2.0 and he will be a beast at left guard. It is strange, just a feeling I get about players. The last time I felt this high on a guy was Brandon Williams. I think this will work out amazing for us.

the only time i saw him struggle was for a couple of snaps vs ed oliver ( houston)

however, ed oliver is SO good that even as a freshman he'd have been a top 10 pick in the draft if he were allowed to be in it this year.
[doublepost=1495448699,1495448507][/doublepost]You know, I was thinking..of all the alabama players we drafted in the past, taking into account what we like in an O linesman, why the hell didn't we draft evan mathis in 2005?

Ozzie must have had too much to drink that week ( taking into account how hideous that draft class was)

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

I really like Siragusa as well. I think he can play lg this yr and succeed. He could eventually settle in at center. He could be such a unique center. Not many centers can handle a NT one week then Jurell Casey the next. Most centers are functional. Not many are a weapon. He could be in that group of several centers that are a weapon.

The Raven

Veteran
I know it's early and only OTAs, but they had Hurst at RT. Scary. Lol

Hurst really isn't as bad as he once was... Rookie year aside, he truly hasn't been terrible. If he has one fatal flaw, it's run blocking, not pass protection. The guy is really quick and held his own, when he was in, last year.