• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Head Coaching Candidates

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I just can’t get over what he did as it was so classless. You agree to terms because clearly that’s the case because your coaches were hired but then you dined and ditched. What Josh did was wrong on so many levels and unless he’s a secret Baltimore Colts fan and wanted to troll them as revenge then OK I guess but that still isn’t right to do to those assistant coaches. It makes me no trust him and I’ll always wonder if he would just quit on his team if it got bad. Huge red flags. I get how things can be out of sight and out of mind but I’m surprised how people have already forgotten about this
I’m not sure I see it as a huge deal, it’s like you tell your boss you got a better job offer so match it or your gone, he plays chicken with you and tried to call your bluff, then as your showing up to your first day at the new job your boss calls you and gives you everything you wanted. This is his career we’re talking about here.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Whatever we do, I just hope like a son of a bitch that we see the right system fit and know what we need to do for a coach, don’t go and hire some goddamn coryell bombs away coach, don’t go hiring some kubiak disciple who calls 20 stretch zones a week, please for the love of god, give your new qb an ideal coordinator and coach

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Whatever we do, I just hope like a son of a bitch that we see the right system fit and know what we need to do for a coach, don’t go and hire some goddamn coryell bombs away coach, don’t go hiring some kubiak disciple who calls 20 stretch zones a week, please for the love of god, give your new qb an ideal coordinator and coach

i dont want us to run the stretch zone but we ran a zone blocking system with the option runs so well against the bengals i wouldnt be disinclined to go back to a more zone based running game

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not sure I see it as a huge deal, it’s like you tell your boss you got a better job offer so match it or your gone, he plays chicken with you and tried to call your bluff, then as your showing up to your first day at the new job your boss calls you and gives you everything you wanted. This is his career we’re talking about here.
Nah dude he had them hire some assistant coaches. It’s just not right to me no matter how you spin it. I know you’re just speaking your mind but what he did really bothers me and I wouldn’t ever like him here as a result unless he had a very valid reason. I’d always wonder if he would quit on us too.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Nah dude he had them hire some assistant coaches. It’s just not right to me no matter how you spin it. I know you’re just speaking your mind but what he did really bothers me and I wouldn’t ever like him here as a result unless he had a very valid reason. I’d always wonder if he would quit on us too.
Ahh I didn’t know he had them hire assistants, holy shit that goes deep lol

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Ahh I didn’t know he had them hire assistants, holy shit that goes deep lol
Yep. They agreed on everything pretty much, just couldn't get his signature since his team was still in the playoffs. By the time he changed his mind, almost everybody else signed, it was too late for interviews.

Lucky for the Colts, it turned out to be a silver lining.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yep. They agreed on everything pretty much, just couldn't get his signature since his team was still in the playoffs. By the time he changed his mind, almost everybody else signed, it was too late for interviews.

Lucky for the Colts, it turned out to be a silver lining.

yeah they might have accidentally ended up with the best new hire of any of the rookie head coaches tbh

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think one thing Decosta should really focus on when interviewing coaches is to make sure they have a clear image of what they want their offense and defense to be. I don't want to be switching schemes every time one of our coordinators gets poached. If they have a clear image and like to promote from within, then we can have continuity, even if we start losing OCs and DCs like we used to. Well, like we used to lose DCs anyways.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think one thing Decosta should really focus on when interviewing coaches is to make sure they have a clear image of what they want their offense and defense to be. I don't want to be switching schemes every time one of our coordinators gets poached. If they have a clear image and like to promote from within, then we can have continuity, even if we start losing OCs and DCs like we used to. Well, like we used to lose DCs anyways.
That’s why you hire a guy who’s strong with Xs and Os in the nfl, can’t get by on leadership and inspiration long term in this league.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I initially mentioned that I was open to having Toub (another special teams-minded cat) replace Harbaugh, but after seeing what the Rams and Chiefs offenses looked like and did (sure, against poor defensive play from both teams) on Monday night; hell to the no! Lol! In today's NFL, we definitely are in need of an offensive-minded HC.

I think both Lincoln Riley and Matt LaFleur would be nice additions but the more that I've been thinking about it, I also believe that making a run at hiring Petersen as our new HC would be a sweet move as well. He presently has those Huskies sittin' at 8-3 and 2nd in Pac 12 - North having only lost to Auburn, Oregon, and Cal at this point. I believe they play Washington St. tomorrow night in their Apple Cup rivalry so I'll be watching that one for sure.

There are a few more things that I like about Petersen but one is that he's already used to wearing black and purple Lol...
635553876927419569-chris-petersen.jpg

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I initially mentioned that I was open to having Toub (another special teams-minded cat) replace Harbaugh, but after seeing what the Rams and Chiefs offenses looked like and did (sure, against poor defensive play from both teams) on Monday night; hell to the no! Lol! In today's NFL, we definitely are in need of an offensive-minded HC.

I think both Lincoln Riley and Matt LaFleur would be nice additions but the more that I've been thinking about it, I also believe that making a run at hiring Petersen as our new HC would be a sweet move as well. He presently has those Huskies sittin' at 8-3 and 2nd in Pac 12 - North having only lost to Auburn, Oregon, and Cal at this point. I believe they play Washington St. tomorrow night in their Apple Cup rivalry so I'll be watching that one for sure.

There are a few more things that I like about Petersen but one is that he's already used to wearing black and purple Lol...
635553876927419569-chris-petersen.jpg
I don’t think our next HC comes from the NCAA.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
I might be up for that lmao...definitely in the minority there though
I actually brought him up over at RSR stating i dont know much about college ball, basically got called a troll and was laughed at lol. Iim sticking with Pete Carmichael Saints OC

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I actually brought him up over at RSR stating i dont know much about college ball, basically got called a troll and was laughed at lol. Iim sticking with Pete Carmichael Saints OC
Having lived in Knoxville and all my friends being die hard vols I’ve seen plenty of kiffin. He’s a good coach, I’ve got a couple buddies who still really love him even though he kinda skipped town on UT lol. He’s hilarious though, I’d actually start watching pressers if he was our coach. it’d be a gigantic leap for him so that’s probably why you got called a troll, but I could see him making the jump to maybe NFL OC and possibly succeeding. HC though yeah I’d say a bit unrealistic, but I’d roll with it.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Having lived in Knoxville and all my friends being die hard vols I’ve seen plenty of kiffin. He’s a good coach, I’ve got a couple buddies who still really love him even though he kinda skipped town on UT lol. He’s hilarious though, I’d actually start watching pressers if he was our coach. it’d be a gigantic leap for him so that’s probably why you got called a troll, but I could see him making the jump to maybe NFL OC and possibly succeeding. HC though yeah I’d say a bit unrealistic, but I’d roll with it.
Yea he is quite comical.

Whats everyone's thought on Josh McDaniels? Pretty confident that he is just waiting to take over for BB