• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Head Coaching Candidates

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know I’ve been in favor of bringing in an Offensive Minded Coach, but a defensive minded coach I may be really excited about would be Vic Fangio. He just seems to be such a leader and would be a very good hire. Now let’s hope he would know how to pick his coordinators.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I know I’ve been in favor of bringing in an Offensive Minded Coach, but a defensive minded coach I may be really excited about would be Vic Fangio. He just seems to be such a leader and would be a very good hire. Now let’s hope he would know how to pick his coordinators.
Before I knew who Wink was, this was the guy I so badly wanted to replace Pees. His defenses with SF were constantly top 5 at worst. I'm damn sure he would've done the same here.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
on a similar subject apparently Wink himself is getting HC buzz around the league
Doesn't surprise me. What resonated with me was when he talked about making in-game adjustments in a way the Warriors would (I forgot his exact verbatim), but I thought that was really cool.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Doesn't surprise me. What resonated with me was when he talked about making in-game adjustments in a way the Warriors would (I forgot his exact verbatim), but I thought that was really cool.
Wink could be a decent HC if he builds a staff that has his mentality for not only being aggressive but also for making adjustments constantly based on what you have available and what the other team is doing.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well then they can trade us two first round picks for him. Just go back to the 2002 Gruden trade to the Bucs. They got even more than that.

How bout him and Flacco for those 2 1sts? And then the lovebirds can be together.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I could deal with that considering where they are picking

Its gonna be an interesting offseason and there's no way they should just cut Flacco. Too much value considering 18.5 and 20.5 mil is not bad money for a starting caliber QB and the 3rd year can be reworked if it comes down to it plus he'd be cuttable at any time creating massive cap release. We most definitely can get something in a trade.

Joking about Harbaugh. Really not wanting to see him go.