• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 General Draft Thoughts

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
he could definitely be there at 45 for sure
i havent graded him yet but i've not seen anywhere where he's getting mocked ahead of our 2nd round pick (certainly not with any sort of consistency)
Hmmm. Not sure if I like him more than I do Hill at 45 but I have a hard time seeing hill there. Wheres Mccreary projected to go?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hmmm. Not sure if I like him more than I do Hill at 45 but I have a hard time seeing hill there. Wheres Mccreary projected to go?

i love hill - it would be a reach but i wouldnt be super mad if we took hill as high as 14 lol (so for me that's easy to pick between the 2) - but that also means hill probably gets nowhere near 45

i think mccreary's tape says he goes late round 1 but the measurables and the athletic testing (which were questions on tape too) are probably going to drop him and i think it's possible he could fall into range of that 45th pick

N.B. i was about to say i think he'll probably go early 2nd and go in a similar range as asante samuel jr went last year but then i looked it up and samuel actually went 47th lol so maybe mccreary could make it to us

but hill has no chance and if he does that's a sprint to the podium kind of prospect

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If we're gonna compare Davis to any Raven he'd be much close to Ngata.
I've been seeing that comp float around. That's exciting

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I've been seeing that comp float around. That's exciting

i think they're different types of athletes (which seems odd to say when you're talking about hyper-athletic 300lb+ monster athletes)

so not sure i really get that comp - but then again im not sure there really is a comp for someone like davis - not even vita vea who's the closest thing in terms of a prospect being hyper-athletic at nose tackle... but davis's linear explosion is special and has legitimate range at 340lbs (or even 360 which i think he was playing at at times for georgia) - only downside really in davis's athletic profile is a lack of lateral explosion and flexibility but hard to expect that out of a nearly 6'7 guy who's that size

Simba

Staff Member
i think they're different types of athletes (which seems odd to say when you're talking about hyper-athletic 300lb+ monster athletes)

so not sure i really get that comp - but then again im not sure there really is a comp for someone like davis - not even vita vea who's the closest thing in terms of a prospect being hyper-athletic at nose tackle... but davis's linear explosion is special and has legitimate range at 340lbs (or even 360 which i think he was playing at at times for georgia) - only downside really in davis's athletic profile is a lack of lateral explosion and flexibility but hard to expect that out of a nearly 6'7 guy who's that size

I legit don't even have a comp for Davis either. Not sure there's been a guy like him in the league before. Uber athletic and explosive for his size but doesn't really use that as a pass rusher. He's an odd guy. I think he's going to be a good player in the league but I just struggle with how to project him because he really doesn't make that much sense lol

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
For Davis I kinda want to see him used as a 3-4 DE. Let him use that explosive ability in the gap between the G and the OT, with Oweh on the outside taking advantage of that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
For Davis I kinda want to see him used as a 3-4 DE. Let him use that explosive ability in the gap between the G and the OT, with Oweh on the outside taking advantage of that.

that's certainly a possibility on some obvious passing downs - i like that idea of lining him up wide at 3tech with a bit of a run up and let him go right at a guard or as you say try and get him to attack the a-gap or the b-gap and be generally disruptive with his length and his power and his athleticism

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
now idk about projections and how these guys develop, but as far as college film goes, Charles cross had a better anchor in pass pro than Trevor penning.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Top 3 this year is about flavor really. Neal is my clear OT1 but i couldn’t fault anyone for having one of the other 2

that's exactly right - and every time i watch one of them i keep thinking they're my favourite lol...

but cross's pass sets are so clean and his footwork is so good - ekwonu and neal have athletic gifts with their size that cross doesnt and ultimately i think they will both go ahead of him... and also are probably better fits for the RT slot on the ravens than cross

but if im carolina or seattle, it's perfectly possible that cross is my OT 1

Simba

Staff Member
that's exactly right - and every time i watch one of them i keep thinking they're my favourite lol...

but cross's pass sets are so clean and his footwork is so good - ekwonu and neal have athletic gifts with their size that cross doesnt and ultimately i think they will both go ahead of him... and also are probably better fits for the RT slot on the ravens than cross

Feels like Tunsil and Stanley to some extent. You have a bunch of really good players there but Cross is just so clean technically. Actually reminds me a lot of Ronnie in some ways.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Cross might be the most natural pass protector I’ve ever seen honestly, it’s easy as fuck for him to get vertical, he mirrors, keeps a perfect base throughout, doesn’t lean, fires his hands so well he’s just so quick and precise with it and gives no wasted motions and is always well timed. It’s lieeeally just the anchor concern, and he still holds up better than penning with the anchor because cross gives ground and then holds, penning gets put on skates at an alarming rate. I even think cross could be a good run blocking OT here because he does a great job in space

LSURavenFan

Veteran
I think Stingley will be there at 14th and the Ravens will pick him.

I have very little worry about his past two seasons. The injury concerns the past two seasons are a thing, but I'd also like to mention the culture at LSU the past two seasons has been very toxic. I don't know that very many guys were willing to play through anything the way things were going in Baton Rouge. He's very talented and would be a heck of a boost to the secondary, he's a play-maker.