• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Broncos

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am soooooooo tempted to fly out to see Dead & Company at Red Rocks. Saw Soundgarden and NIN there. Incredible venue.
Im in Colorado a lot and the Red Rocks are just amazing. Hike around there quite a bit . Then head to Morrison to the Fort restaurant and get yourself some buffalo tongue and Rocky Mountain oysters! LMAO

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder if we go out an extra day early or so to try to get acclimated to the Denver altitude. Anyone know?

I could see our D in particular getting gassed out there.

Simba

Staff Member

guys are moving well - at a glance from this my guess is that boykin's the more likely to be able to go this week but bateman might be in play week 5

it's easy to forget with how maligned (rightfully so) boykin is - but he has no right to be able to move as fluidly as he does at his size

Assuming he's good to go, I see no reason why Boykin wouldn't be in play this week. As you said, a lot of people shit on him (myself included) but we haven't gotten much from Duvernay, Proche, or Wallace yet. I'm a fan of Wallace and think he can play but even I can admit Boykin would be a better activation at this point.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Assuming he's good to go, I see no reason why Boykin wouldn't be in play this week. As you said, a lot of people shit on him (myself included) but we haven't gotten much from Duvernay, Proche, or Wallace yet. I'm a fan of Wallace and think he can play but even I can admit Boykin would be a better activation at this point.

wallace has been playing gunner for us but not at a high enough level that he needs to be active and he's not getting any snaps on offence so wouldnt be opposed to boykin coming in (at least this week)

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
We are underdogs by a point or even 1.5 on some websites. I am highly confused by this is I am being honest. I have respect for Denver and all but like what?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
We are underdogs by a point or even 1.5 on some websites. I am highly confused by this is I am being honest. I have respect for Denver and all but like what?

Denver is undefeated and the Ravens just barely beat the Lions (who I think are better than people realize). I got selling on the Ravens right now until the team gets healthy.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I wonder if we go out an extra day early or so to try to get acclimated to the Denver altitude. Anyone know?

I could see our D in particular getting gassed out there.

I've been quite curious about this, is the altitude as bad people say?

redrum52

Hall of Famer

If both teams are "even" the spread usually is -3 for the home team. I'm going BIG on Ravens this week.

Add in the media going on all week about how we should have lost because of the delay of game.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Guys are we going to go on a 4-5 week winning run in my absence? I sure hope so. I'll try to log in to the game day threads if I'm able. Let's go Ravens!

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Denver is undefeated and the Ravens just barely beat the Lions (who I think are better than people realize). I got selling on the Ravens right now until the team gets healthy.
The obvious argument against Denver is that they're 3-0 against basically the three worst teams in football, who are a combined 0-9 to start the year. If Denver only wins 3-4 games the rest of the year, it wouldn't surprise me.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
The strength of the Denver D is their secondary and pass rush. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to run all over them and control the game

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The strength of the Denver D is their secondary and pass rush. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to run all over them and control the game
Because a lot of our run game right now is based on Lamar keying an edge defender and then going the opposite direction, and von Miller is a different animal on the edge than Chris Jones who is a 3tech playing out of position.

von Miller is a scary defender in this game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I am a beach person though, I just am lol. I’m becoming more of a nature person in general and I can’t wait to try new scenery, but I’ll always love the beach.

Fuck yea, I’m a big fan of the C word I’d love visit oz , I can’t freely use it here

I love shit like that lol, I’ll never spend more than like $60 on anything to smoke with, but I’ll still marvel at the stuff
beach person or not, you have to get to Alaska someday. I've been a couple times. Denali is absolutely and the animals you see are incredible.