• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Whom Would You Draft @16?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ridley is better then any of the WRs who went in the top 10 in last years draft IMO. I don't think teams and the media like him as much as the fans do and I think he can slide to our pick. I would be happy to see him selected with our first pick even though he's a bit older then all the other prospects.
Last year you had two very different WR's coming out that were highly rated. Corey Davis came from a small school and his level of competition was the only reason people were critical of him. He has an extremely high upside. The issues with Ridley are due to his age as @allblackraven just pointed out and the fact that many feel he has reached his ceiling. I'm not one of them and I REALLY like Ridley in this years draft and would be thrilled if we drafted him.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Last year you had two very different WR's coming out that were highly rated. Corey Davis came from a small school and his level of competition was the only reason people were critical of him. He has an extremely high upside. The issues with Ridley are due to his age as @allblackraven just pointed out and the fact that many feel he has reached his ceiling. I'm not one of them and I REALLY like Ridley in this years draft and would be thrilled if we drafted him.
We haven't seen anything even close to Riddley's ceiling. Run heavy Bama offense with only one year playing with pass first QB has limited Ridley big time. I can't wait to see what he can do in pros, hopefully he ends up on a team with competent quarterback. If the 49ers pick him, look out.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We haven't seen anything even close to Riddley's ceiling. Run heavy Bama offense with only one year playing with pass first QB has limited Ridley big time. I can't wait to see what he can do in pros, hopefully he ends up on a team with competent quarterback. If the 49ers pick him, look out.
and that's how I view it, but many in the media. The mediots as I like to call them are wondering this.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Add in the fact that the only time Ridley has had a decent QB was during the most recent championship game. Despite it's ability to get some of the best high school players, Bama hasn't been good at recruiting and developing QBs.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I have to be honest I have to watch more Ridley now because I basically ignored him with the notion he won’t fall to us. If he falls past the Bears (very very very unlikely) I think we need to trade picks with the packers (add a 4th) and jump the cardinals

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Add in the fact that the only time Ridley has had a decent QB was during the most recent championship game. Despite it's ability to get some of the best high school players, Bama hasn't been good at recruiting and developing QBs.
Actually, Jake Coker played very good season in 2015, which coincided with Ridley's sole 1000+ yards season on 89 catches.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Actually, Jake Coker played very good season in 2015, which coincided with Ridley's sole 1000+ yards season on 89 catches.
Yeah but Tua is the only QB Saban has had the past 10+ years who’s had NFL starting potential(even then I have some issues with his game but that’s not important rn).

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Would be cool with Ridley and Moore at 16. As well as Taven Bryan if he is available. I would be cool with Hernandez as well
I’d rather have Wynn in a tradeback scenario and Hernandez if Wynn wasn’t available. I’d take Moore before both of them though

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d rather have Wynn in a tradeback scenario and Hernandez if Wynn wasn’t available. I’d take Moore before both of them though
Either of Wynn(my preference), or Hernandez at sixteen would have me pleased.
Once you've left round two, you don't see a lot of day one impact lineman..I doubt Ragnow is there when we select.

Miller
Wilson
Gallup
Ishmael
Hamilton and tons more available from round three on.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I do think day two is the best to to get a wr and have said that multiple times, but I’m starting to want Moore, more and more.

The age is the only reason he might slide, seeing that Mike Evans, who signed 5y/$80 mil+ deal the other day, has 4 years of heavy NFL experience at the same age.
We are one of the teams that should not pay attention to this fact though, Ridley is as good as we ever had.
Yeah we shouldn’t be petty when it comes to age, we’re not in a position to do so lol. I know QBs play better with age but Carson Wentz was turning 24 or was 24 when he was drafted.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

Wynn could be available round2 if he doesn’t clean up his power numbers. I would take him in .04 seconds if he were available round2!! However I would prefer Hernandez. His raw strength and aggression could change the culture of an OLine. He could mentor Eluemunor as well who has similar size strength and athleticism. Hard to believe Eluemunor only has 12 games of division1 playing time. And only 3 at guard his most natural position. If Eluemunor becomes a football player he and Hernandez could strike fear in opponents like Osemele did for the oline. However Eluemunor is so very raw and has a long way to go.

I dunno what the hell Hurst was resigned for!! Harball and Ozzie loves blowing valuable cap space on average role players and older players with diminishing skills. That is exactly the cause of never having the money to sign difference makers!! Cuz of blowing money on average role players u should easily be able to replace with young players on rookie contracts!! Friggin ludicrous!! U can find average players anywhere. Ravens will always be an 8-8 team under this regime!! Cuz it’s blueprint is fill the team with solid but unspectacular veterans many of which are declining. Never gonna be able to afford a game changer receiver like Robinson blowing money on Hurst and Urban. And once again half the stadium will have empty seats for a game with the playoffs on the line. Biscotti was humiliated about that. But continues run the team the same way. So u are not getting a dominant lineman like Hernandez and Wynn cuz u have Hurst and Alex Lewis. Then Declining Crabtree at WR. And a rookie that may be good his sophomore year. More of the same!!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've changed my mind about who we draft

we draft for the best QB available

It's time to start the beggining of the end of the Joe Flacco and John Harbaugh era.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I've changed my mind about who we draft

we draft for the best QB available

It's time to start the beggining of the end of the Joe Flacco and John Harbaugh era.
You sure that wasn't your opinion for, like, the last three years?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You sure that wasn't your opinion for, like, the last three years?

I could understand a good FA and Draft with cap space but it's clear that this team has no future with flacco(and his average ability) and his contract at the helm.

This team cannot afford to restructure anyone if they realisticaly want a better future.