• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The MVP, the Division and the 1 Seed!!!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And I’m noticing it’s not Lamar on these, bateman is money when he’s facing Lamar, but he is struggling to track balls over the shoulder literally every time, he’s always one step short and it’s always after a stumble or two as he’s looking over his shoulder.

When he hits zay or Odell or agholor deep, even if they don’t come down with it, they’re still able to track it and be in the area, Bateman is stumbling and coming up short literally every time.

annoying because he's absolutely devastating with his route running on some of those vertical routes

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’ve been tough on Bateman including this week, he had a really nice game but that deep shot was on him, and I’m only bringing it up to point out that, while we haven’t seen the best from Bateman, the players think very highly of him, Odell and Lamar in particular both have the utmost respect and support for Bateman both as a person and a player, and I think it speaks volumes that after a lot of mishaps from Bateman and being the odd man out this season, he is still in Lamar’s good graces without question. He must be doing great work day in and day out that we don’t see on gameday.

they were all elated for him in the locker room afterwards - its been alluded to that he's had some personal struggles plus the injury issues
think you can clearly see that he and lamar have built some chemistry and timing

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
apparently a good looking OL class this year
i havent started diving in yet though so cannot confirm
Kingsley saumataia at OT
Troy fautanu and cooper beebe at OG

These are the only OL I’ve watched that have grabbed my eye so far, late round 2 early day 2 guys

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
annoying because he's absolutely devastating with his route running on some of those vertical routes
Yes! He can win off the line as well as any receiver in the league, absolutely smokes basically any corner he faces multiple times a day, but just can’t find the fucking ball unless he’s looking it in from the release. Real frustrating the skill set he has that just isn’t melding together for a quality nfl season.

It’s still not over for him tho. If Odell leaves after this year bateman could be seeing quite a jump in production, of course assuming he doesn’t deal with injuries again.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
they were all elated for him in the locker room afterwards - its been alluded to that he's had some personal struggles plus the injury issues
think you can clearly see that he and lamar have built some chemistry and timing
Goes back to Lamar and Bateman having a mini sideline mutiny against Miami on MNF. And I remember that fan tweet saying Bateman needs to go, and Lamar retweets it saying you’re outta your damn mind or something like that. Definitely a ongoing trend with loud and resounding support for Bateman from within the locker room while fans are wondering why tf this first round receiver keeps coming up short. Boykin and duvernay for instance never had ANY vocal support from within the locker room.

I just see a clear difference between the noise surrounding bateman who has struggled, and the other recent ravens receivers who have struggled.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Goes back to Lamar and Bateman having a mini sideline mutiny against Miami on MNF. And I remember that fan tweet saying Bateman needs to go, and Lamar retweets it saying you’re outta your damn mind or something like that. Definitely a ongoing trend with loud and resounding support for Bateman from within the locker room while fans are wondering why tf this first round receiver keeps coming up short. Boykin and duvernay for instance never had ANY vocal support from within the locker room.

I just see a clear difference between the noise surrounding bateman who has struggled, and the other recent ravens receivers who have struggled.

bateman is clearly talented where some of those guys never showed anything much to hang your hat on

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Man, all the shit ive said about pq… i hate to say it…. But i think if the price is right, we should keep him.. we really playing ravens football with him and roquan..
Sadly, the price won't be right but I think we're pretty much guaranteed to get two 3rd round comp picks now for the top DT and the top ILB in Free Agency, in a year where both positions are looking more valuable than they have in a while.

They're both a long way ahead of the competition at their positions too. They're the prizes teams will be fighting over.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
bateman is clearly talented where some of those guys never showed anything much to hang your hat on
Both had shown quite a bit, Boykin was the preseason superstar 2 years in a row, duvernay was at least very highly touted for his speed he’s physicality and sure hands, and had the flashy new skillset for a trend that died out quickly with the wr/rb hybrid.

However, neither of them were ever on close terms with Lamar, they always were outsiders in the wr room, I don’t think it’s really about talent because proche was once one of those insiders too. I think it’s more like, either this guy has it or he doesn’t, like if you’re in a trade and you have 2 green apprentices, one is clearly competent and will come along while the other would be best off going back to high school for 4 more years and then fucking off, it’s not even about talent just one person clearly takes it more seriously and has an innate understanding of their profession that the others don’t.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Sadly, the price won't be right but I think we're pretty much guaranteed to get two 3rd round comp picks now for the top DT and the top ILB in Free Agency, in a year where both positions are looking more valuable than they have in a while.

They're both a long way ahead of the competition at their positions too. They're the prizes teams will be fighting over.

you dont think we'll find a way to keep madubuike?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Both had shown quite a bit, Boykin was the preseason superstar 2 years in a row, duvernay was at least very highly touted for his speed he’s physicality and sure hands, and had the flashy new skillset for a trend that died out quickly with the wr/rb hybrid.

However, neither of them were ever on close terms with Lamar, they always were outsiders in the wr room, I don’t think it’s really about talent because proche was once one of those insiders too. I think it’s more like, either this guy has it or he doesn’t, like if you’re in a trade and you have 2 green apprentices, one is clearly competent and will come along while the other would be best off going back to high school for 4 more years and then fucking off, it’s not even about talent just one person clearly takes it more seriously and has an innate understanding of their profession that the others don’t.

boykin was a preseason superstar but most of that stuff came with backup QBs throwing him the ball

duvernay never really showed anything in games

bateman since his rookie year has shown the kind of route-running and explosion that it's hard to not like as a QB

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think we have to accept batemans option. How much is it?
No way we exercise it. The production doesn’t justify the price. 15 million for 32 receptions 367 yards and 1 TD? I’d rather spread that money out to help keep guys like Queen or JM

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
And I’m noticing it’s not Lamar on these, bateman is money when he’s facing Lamar, but he is struggling to track balls over the shoulder literally every time, he’s always one step short and it’s always after a stumble or two as he’s looking over his shoulder.

When he hits zay or Odell or agholor deep, even if they don’t come down with it, they’re still able to track it and be in the area, Bateman is stumbling and coming up short literally every time.
I’m glad someone said this . It’s puzzling . Not sure what to make of this phenomenon.
Maybe he’s simply late looking for the ball and costs him a split second .

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
No way we exercise it. The production doesn’t justify the price. 15 million for 32 receptions 367 yards and 1 TD? I’d rather spread that money out to help keep guys like Queen or JM
The production not there but it could be.. we saw that last night vs howard and ramsey. 15 is alot though

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m glad someone said this . It’s puzzling . Not sure what to make of this phenomenon.
Maybe he’s simply late looking for the ball and costs him a split second .
I think it’s as simple as there’s a level of mind-body coordination he hasn’t been able to reach this season due to injury, it takes reps and he hasn’t had the health to get the reps in.

That said, some guys are just naturally more turn-catch guys, and others can naturally keep pace while tracking over the shoulder, I think Bateman has the ability to he just doesn’t naturally excel at it. Might always pop up here and there or it might really iron itself out as he and Lamar work more together

rossihunter2

Staff Member

wouldnt be his 2024 salary but his 2025 salary
part of his production is held down by OBJ being here too - they have similar profiles and projected roles in this offence - rashod's playing a lot less in the slot than you'd want ideally but not a bad problem to have right now

obviously it's gonna be down to how the front office projects him moving forwards - the risk is that the 5th year salary is guaranteed once you pick up the option

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ironically i think he might be early looking for the ball - slows his feet and makes the catch harder whereas late hands get him to the spot first
so you don't think Lamar slightly overthrew him causing him to lay out for the ball?