• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 WR Thread

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t see it with brown tbh, the only reason I see anything with Metcalf is potential like you said, but Im totally done with the ravens taking unrefined athletes at wr and trying to make them work, we have passed on a ton of what I like to call “natural receivers” and watched them flourish, then we opt for breshad fucking perriman while we sign these “natural” receivers in FA. Like clearly we want a wr who can run routes and stack and pluck the ball and catch in traffic, we sign them every few years, but we refuse to draft one...

Done with that. I’m tired of seeing Calvin Ridleys and Michael thomases and sterling Shepards and Tyler Lockett’s pass us by while we opt for busts over them. Kelvin harmon is my guy, he’s bypassed Samuel for me.

Yeah, that’s probably the main reason why I would stay away from DK in round 1. Freakish athletic, but with our track record in developing WRs, I just feel much safer with a more polished WR coming out if we spend our 1st.

Now, another freakish athlete I wouldn’t mind in the later rounds is jalen Hurd. He’s going to be extremely raw since he played RB for 2 years in Tennessee before transferring to Baylor to play WR. But 6’4 with RB quickness? Plus he showed on film he’s a hands catcher. There’s something there. If we take him in the 4th or 5th and stash him, he could be a great weapon. I would prefer him as a pick over someone like lasley last year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah, that’s probably the main reason why I would stay away from DK in round 1. Freakish athletic, but with our track record in developing WRs, I just feel much safer with a more polished WR coming out if we spend our 1st.

Now, another freakish athlete I wouldn’t mind in the later rounds is jalen Hurd. He’s going to be extremely raw since he played RB for 2 years in Tennessee before transferring to Baylor to play WR. But 6’4 with RB quickness? Plus he showed on film he’s a hands catcher. There’s something there. If we take him in the 4th or 5th and stash him, he could be a great weapon. I would prefer him as a pick over someone like lasley last year
Damn I forgot about Hurd, do you think he could go that late? I’m expecting him to go probably at the top of the third. If we landed him in the fourth I’d consider that a hell of a pick

Damn I forgot about Hurd, do you think he could go that late? I’m expecting him to go probably at the top of the third. If we landed him in the fourth I’d consider that a hell of a pick

I used to like him a lot as a RB in Tenn..haven't watched much since he changed to TE and then to WR for Baylor
He did of course have too high pads but he was surprisingly dynamic and a great outside runner with that killer stiff arm.
Unlike James Wilder that time, who had the same size but lacked the explosivess to break tackles

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I think he probably goes in the 4th. Teams will hesitate knowing he had only 1 year of being WR in a Baylor offense. Unless he just blows up the combine

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Yo, hurd a beast wtf. Actually catches with hands too unlike alot of these projected 1st rnds.. watching his tape last night and this morning after seeing this comment and i saw him run a slant so dam explosive that it had me convinced lol.. im not a fan of anyone the 1st rnd wrs other than samuel simply cause they look like your avg athletic unpolished wrs, who still cradles a lot of catches and mostly runs deep routes

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
AJ brown is only 6ft. Want to see his 40 and routes, see if he can be more than just a slot guy

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
AJ brown is only 6ft. Want to see his 40 and routes, see if he can be more than just a slot guy
I don’t see him as more than a slot guy, he doesn’t have great long speed and seems to be a prototypical slot guy. Not saying he can’t be lined up outside on occasion, but his strength is going to always be the slot, imo.

That being said, I do think Parris Campbell who has been used primarily as a slot wr at OSU could be a more complete wr.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No sure if anyone has mentioned this guy yet, but I like Antione Wesley, WR Texas Texh a lot

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we go wr in 1st i think its gonna deebo samuel.
Him and Harmon are easily the best WRs for Jackson. Deebo brings more versatility to our offense and makes getting open look easy, but Harmon would really fit our smashmouth style and give Jackson a Boldin-esque WR to rely on when we need a big play.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jesus Christ he is an absolute monster.

His potential is like none I’ve ever seen and those measurables are more than I expected, except for height I thought he was a clean 6’6”
Underrated part of his game is he plays on both sides of the formation. Love his suddenness and tracking ability as well.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Underrated part of his game is he plays on both sides of the formation. Love his suddenness and tracking ability as well.
He has an ability to separate like players his size NEVER have. He is a very sudden stopper, and a sharp/fluid breaker, and seems to be savvy on quick breaking routes, often forcing hip flips before breaking.

hes also an underrated yac guy

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
right? I’m preparing for us to draft Harry and Ozzie makes a surprise cameo to say “the Baltimore Ravens got better as a football team today” in the first round presser
he's not a bad player either, but not as good as Butler. Harry is an excellent route runner and always is making contested catches. Love his jump ball ability.