• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 WR Thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pretty sure Johnson is staying in college
Your right he is. But Humphrey still has some traits i really like. Hes still raw when it comes to understanding the position but there are many things that show optimism in his tape. Hes a very interesting study

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I wouldn’t mind AJ brown. Samuel and brown are probably the only WRs 1st round worthy
I’d be happy with Samuel or harmon in the first, to a lesser extent D.K. Metcalf just because of the freakish potential.

Any other wr in the first would leave me very unsatisfied. I wanna see a trade back to the second where we pick up a third and maybe more and take either the best WR/OL/DT available. If a Nasir Adderley fell that far then he’s likely the BPA but that’s highly doubtful

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’d be happy with Samuel or harmon in the first, to a lesser extent D.K. Metcalf just because of the freakish potential.

Any other wr in the first would leave me very unsatisfied. I wanna see a trade back to the second where we pick up a third and maybe more and take either the best WR/OL/DT available. If a Nasir Adderley fell that far then he’s likely the BPA but that’s highly doubtful
As much as I see teh D.K. Metcalf freakish potential, I have an issue with Ole Miss players kind of like you have an issue with MD players. Ole Miss players just don't seem to pan out. Maybe someone can change my mind regarding this because I do like D.K.'s tape. I'm a big fan of Harmon also and Riley Ridley has a bunch of potential as well. Not sure where he ends up being drafted.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Riley Ridley makes a ton of sense. He matches exactly what EdC said they're looking for.
Capable blocker, route runner and makes all the catches.
The combine might hurt his stock.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
As much as I see teh D.K. Metcalf freakish potential, I have an issue with Ole Miss players kind of like you have an issue with MD players. Ole Miss players just don't seem to pan out. Maybe someone can change my mind regarding this because I do like D.K.'s tape. I'm a big fan of Harmon also and Riley Ridley has a bunch of potential as well. Not sure where he ends up being drafted.
I have an issue with ole miss players too, like a big issue, and that’s why I’m not fully on board with him, but if we did take him that would still be an exciting pick

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Riley Ridley makes a ton of sense. He matches exactly what EdC said they're looking for.
Capable blocker, route runner and makes all the catches.
The combine might hurt his stock.
Honestly sounds like Kelvin Harmon to me. Hes probably the best blocker of all the recievers. Although i do like what Deebo and Brown could bring to our offense but their not as good on the perimeter and Deebo is the best blocker either cause of his frame, not saying he cant block tho.

On another note. I feel like Metcalf wont even be available by our pick anyways. Some team will probably take him top 15

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Honestly sounds like Kelvin Harmon to me. Hes probably the best blocker of all the recievers. Although i do like what Deebo and Brown could bring to our offense but their not as good on the perimeter and Deebo is the best blocker either cause of his frame, not saying he cant block tho.

On another note. I feel like Metcalf wont even be available by our pick anyways. Some team will probably take him top 15
I think Deebo is an underrated blocker, he’s no harmon in that regard but he’s no slouch at all

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Deebo is an underrated blocker, he’s no harmon in that regard but he’s no slouch at all
I wasnt saying he was. But with his size and frame he can be bullied by bigger corners or safeties. I love every part of Deebos game and i liked his potential before this past year but for a RS senior only having 1 healthy season in his career is alarming.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m starting to notice the creativity and awareness in Harmon’s route game. In the game vs VA he was lined up wide, he was running a comeback against an outside zone with the LB to his inside blitzing after showing coverage, he picks up on this LB blitzing and adjusts his route, he makes a subtle cut inside and lowers his head and picks up speed, indicating a skinny post, the corner hands this off to the safety and thenpicks up the flat underneath, once the CB breaks out, harmon stops on a dime and runs the comeback to the inside basically where the LB was lined up pre snap.

These little things are hard for me to spot, and they are indicators of a player who has a knack for separation. At first I was concerned about Harmon’s separation, but the more I watch the more I see that he is separating in his own way, he’s crafty and smart and uses his body well. These small crafty mid-play adjustments are what ultimately led me to stop doubting Ridley.

If I spot these plays more consistently harmon will become my #1

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m starting to notice the creativity and awareness in Harmon’s route game. In the game vs VA he was lined up wide, he was running a comeback against an outside zone with the LB to his inside blitzing after showing coverage, he picks up on this LB blitzing and adjusts his route, he makes a subtle cut inside and lowers his head and picks up speed, indicating a skinny post, the corner hands this off to the safety and thenpicks up the flat underneath, once the CB breaks out, harmon stops on a dime and runs the comeback to the inside basically where the LB was lined up pre snap.

These little things are hard for me to spot, and they are indicators of a player who has a knack for separation. At first I was concerned about Harmon’s separation, but the more I watch the more I see that he is separating in his own way, he’s crafty and smart and uses his body well. These small crafty mid-play adjustments are what ultimately led me to stop doubting Ridley.

If I spot these plays more consistently harmon will become my #1
He really is more fun to watch the more you watch him. He does so many little things right. I honestly feel hes the best fit for our offense of the top recievers.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Evan Engram, Moncrief, Bobby Massie, Mike Wallace, and Eli have turned out decent. Probably some others. Their success rate isn't great, but probably not worse than most colleges.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You know what’s sad?...

What wrs are we clamoring for to suit Lamar’s needs? Big, makes tough catches, good route runner....

If only we had a chance to draft that guy.... on a totally unrelated note I’m glad we have tyus bowser.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know what’s sad?...

What wrs are we clamoring for to suit Lamar’s needs? Big, makes tough catches, good route runner....

If only we had a chance to draft that guy.... on a totally unrelated note I’m glad we have tyus bowser.
Still truly believe Harmon is the best fit in this class to fit that mold.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know what’s sad?...

You have no idea how much I want Bowser to succeed. There are no words to describe how much I want him to do well. As a devout gamer of 20+ years I want to buy a Bowser jersey. Everytime he does not jump off the tape I die a little inside.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Emmanuel Hall
And to a degree, jj arcega whiteside, not a burner but he clearly specializes in the fade. Hakeem butler as well, he honestly has great explosion and can separate all over the field and makes acrobatic catches

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't get N'keal Harry. He looks like a guy to be considered after round two. I need to watch more in order to tell how much after.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think I like kelvin Harmon over Dk metcalf. Just a much safer pick. DK is a more freakish athlete, but Harmon is a better route runner and better hands. Plus he’s the best blocking WR in this year’s draft.
Harmon Or AJ brown if we go the WR route in round 1

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't get N'keal Harry. He looks like a guy to be considered after round two. I need to watch more in order to tell how much after.
I agree. At best hes a second rounder. Pundits say hes great at 50/50 balls but the film says differently. Hes just got great highlights. Not very quick or fast and an average route runner at best. He does have solid hands and is productive after the catch but thats about it. Hes overhyped to me

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think I like kelvin Harmon over Dk metcalf. Just a much safer pick. DK is a more freakish athlete, but Harmon is a better route runner and better hands. Plus he’s the best blocking WR in this year’s draft.
Harmon Or AJ brown if we go the WR route in round 1
I don’t see it with brown tbh, the only reason I see anything with Metcalf is potential like you said, but Im totally done with the ravens taking unrefined athletes at wr and trying to make them work, we have passed on a ton of what I like to call “natural receivers” and watched them flourish, then we opt for breshad fucking perriman while we sign these “natural” receivers in FA. Like clearly we want a wr who can run routes and stack and pluck the ball and catch in traffic, we sign them every few years, but we refuse to draft one...

Done with that. I’m tired of seeing Calvin Ridleys and Michael thomases and sterling Shepards and Tyler Lockett’s pass us by while we opt for busts over them. Kelvin harmon is my guy, he’s bypassed Samuel for me.