• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 WR Thread

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
After juju and Washington back to back yeah I’m convinced their sole purpose is to snipe WRs from us

Is it really sniping though when we passed on JuJu with our 2nd rounder?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I can see why people like Mecole Hardman but 2nd round is a tough sell for me. He's not that fast and his routes are not that developped, couple that with a lack of strength in his hands to come down with contested balls and I rather see a Round 3/4 guy.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I do agree with the overall sentiment that WR is an overrated position but if we have an opportunity to take a guy who could be a #1 WR and he happens to be the best player available, then we should.

That said, this class is pathetic. Five guys I'd want to draft and I don't really care for the others. I'd be more in favor of drafting another tight end, and this is coming from a guy who likes Hurst and Andrews a lot.

RB and OL are far more pressing needs. I'd trade back up into the second to see if Damien Harris was there, because I think Jacobs might be hilariously overdrafted. OL needs to come first.

I still think the philosophy should be defense in free agency, especially with the safety crop and some under-the-radar interior defensive linemen, offense in the draft. If a Riley Ridley is there in the third, fine. I'd take him, but WR really is further down the pecking order, especially with how TEs tend to be featured in a Roman offense.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
That said, this class is pathetic. Five guys I'd want to draft and I don't really care for the others. I'd be more in favor of drafting another tight end, and this is coming from a guy who likes Hurst and Andrews a lot.
I respectfully completely disagree. Think there are about 10 to 15 guys who could have a quick impact.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I respectfully completely disagree. Think there are about 10 to 15 guys who could have a quick impact.
To be decent #2s or 3s sure. No one here except 5 guys could be anything more than that though.

It's just not worth it drafting one high unless no one is available, or your name is Deebo samuel.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
To be decent #2s or 3s sure. No one here except 5 guys could be anything more than that though.

It's just not worth it drafting one high unless no one is available, or your name is Deebo samuel.
I mean you could say that about any draft classes. There's not a lot or #1s every year.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
After seeing these DK Metcalf pics.....i honeslty feel that after the combine hes going top 15. Hes out of our reach rn. Kids a stud

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Top 5 WRs

1. Dk Metcalf
2. AJ Brown
3. Kelvin Harmon
4. Deebo Samuel
5. Hollywood Brown

...Sorry Nkeal Harry...but your just a YAC guy. Otherwise hes just and average possesion receiver

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Top 5 WRs

1. Dk Metcalf
2. AJ Brown
3. Kelvin Harmon
4. Deebo Samuel
5. Hollywood Brown

...Sorry Nkeal Harry...but your just a YAC guy. Otherwise hes just and average possesion receiver
If last year's TE ratings are any kind of indication for yourself, Harry is now going to turn out to the best of the bunch.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Top 5 WRs

1. Dk Metcalf
2. AJ Brown
3. Kelvin Harmon
4. Deebo Samuel
5. Hollywood Brown

We view things differently lol, I’m going:
1. Deebo Samuel
2. Kelvin harmon
3. D.K. Metcalf
4. Hakeem butler
5. A.J. Brown

I think very highly of butler, probably more than most, even with the drops