• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 WR Thread

Taze

Practice Squad
Harry appears to be way faster than treadwell
Bit faster, but I still think Harry's slow af. Like Treadwell, I see similar lack of quickness and separation issues plaguing him in the NFL. He is much more physical and better in contested situations though. I'm not saying he's Treadwell bad, just overhyped and may falter due to the same weaknesses.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why does no-one ever talk about renfrow? His route running and his hands are near or at the top.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why does no-one ever talk about renfrow? His route running and his hands are near or at the top.
I mentioned him like a week ago and got one response saying we don’t need a slot

Shit, give me renfrow on day 3 and he will be a massive upgrade over any slot we’ve ever had. I’ll gladly lose Snead for a value like that. And yes I think he inexplicably ends up going in the third

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
We view things differently lol, I’m going:
1. Deebo Samuel
2. Kelvin harmon
3. D.K. Metcalf
4. Hakeem butler
5. A.J. Brown

I think very highly of butler, probably more than most, even with the drops
I think very highly of Butler as well. Hes probably 6th tbh. I just really cant get over those drops. Thats not what we need. We need guys who can make the most of their opportunities

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Id say one of Nkeal Harrys best all around games. One underrated part im noticing about Harrys game are his strong reliable hands. You dont see him drop the ball often. There are games where i feel id like to see him be more consistent in 50/50 balls but he did great in this game

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I have a question for everyone on this specific thread...

Why is it that everyone dislikes nkeal harry due to his lack of separating skills, but kelvin harmon is a lot of people’s WR1 in the class? That dude can’t separate for shit either.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Why is it that everyone dislikes nkeal harry due to his lack of separating skills, but kelvin harmon is a lot of people’s WR1 in the class? That dude can’t separate for shit either.
I think Harmon will be the better route runner, and pick up the little moves to help get some separation. He has the higher ceiling, in my opinion. Granted, Deebo has been my number 1 WR in this draft.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Idk if anyone mentioned him yet but Jakobi Meyers from NC state looks really good.. plays slot and outside. Runs every route and gets yac. Im just gonna say it, i like him more than
Aj brown and them lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Idk if anyone mentioned him yet but Jakobi Meyers from NC state looks really good.. plays slot and outside. Runs every route and gets yac. Im just gonna say it, i like him more than
Aj brown and them lol
I like Meyers too, is he in this class though?

Also Antoine Wesley from Texas tech, also in the mold of Hakeem butler as a very big and long wr with speed and quickness and near exceptional route game.

Wesley and butler are 2 guys who honestly should be much higher on the radar. They are that ideal H/W/S project at wr, but are far too refined to be called a project. Wesley reminds me somewhat of aj green, and butler of a Brandon Marshall or josh Gordon depending on how his speed looks at the next level. I don’t think they will be on the same level as any of those guys but the play style is similar.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I like Meyers too, is he in this class though?

Also Antoine Wesley from Texas tech, also in the mold of Hakeem butler as a very big and long wr with speed and quickness and near exceptional route game.

Wesley and butler are 2 guys who honestly should be much higher on the radar. They are that ideal H/W/S project at wr, but are far too refined to be called a project. Wesley reminds me somewhat of aj green, and butler of a Brandon Marshall or josh Gordon depending on how his speed looks at the next level. I don’t think they will be on the same level as any of those guys but the play style is similar.
They had him projected in 3rd round so i figures he coming out this yr. im gonna check out wesley but the crazy part about myers is that he was a qb but switched to Wr his freshman yr.. like you said, too refined to be called a project and thats crazy sense he is still learning the wr position..

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’ve been thinking that the best kind of target to get for lamar is a zone beater. It’s who he’s done best with(Andrews and Snead), and that’s for a reason, because lamar will almost never be facing man coverage.

Another reason Deebo Samuel is my #1, he’s the best zone exploiter in this class by a mile. I can’t really think off the top of my head of any other standout zone beaters other than renfrow in this class

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

Hes more consistent with 50/50 balls and although he doesnt get great separation he has a more developed route tree than Harry. Harry is just better after the catch

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve been thinking that the best kind of target to get for lamar is a zone beater. It’s who he’s done best with(Andrews and Snead), and that’s for a reason, because lamar will almost never be facing man coverage.

Another reason Deebo Samuel is my #1, he’s the best zone exploiter in this class by a mile. I can’t really think off the top of my head of any other standout zone beaters other than renfrow in this class
I really love Deebo. I just worry about his injury history and our luck with injuries

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

If we get any wr in first rnd other than Samuel, i may shed real tears

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder why nobody has been talking about the Texas duo comming out. Lil Jordan Humphrey and Collin Johnson are really interesting prospects to look in to. The way they make plays on a regular basis is nuts. They bail out their QB more than anyone....other than the ole miss trio lol

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder why nobody has been talking about the Texas duo comming out. Lil Jordan Humphrey and Collin Johnson are really interesting prospects to look in to. The way they make plays on a regular basis is nuts. They bail out their QB more than anyone....other than the ole miss trio lol

Pretty sure Johnson is staying in college

Charm City

Pro Bowler

Humphrey is supposed to be slow, but I would be ecstatic if we got him in the third. reminds me of Dez Bryant.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Humphrey is supposed to be slow, but I would be ecstatic if we got him in the third. reminds me of Dez Bryant.
He plays so hard and is amazing at jump balls. Hes really raw since he was a RB in highschool but je seems to have a good feel for the position. Understands zone concepts and he developed a great chemistry with Texas' qb. His QB really seems to trust him and i like that