• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Chargers

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tbh I think humph is the worst matchup for Williams, especially considering Williams has already completely demolished Humphrey before on colleges biggest stage, because Williams is one of the best jumpball artists in the league and Humphrey severely lacks the ability to go up for the ball with a highpointing receiver. He’s done incredibly well breaking up a pass last second, but Williams will force him to turn around and play with his back to him, and Humphrey has not shown he can do that.

add to that just how physical jimmy smith is and how much jimmy enjoys confrontation with receivers and i think that's probably a better matchup

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
These are very good points. I just think Marlon is really improving. However at this point in time maybe he's better matched up for Allen whereas Jimmy is better matched for Williams. Either way I just generally think our secondary is good enough that if we have a pass rush, we'll make them pay

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes put Smith on Williams. I definitely like that matchup better. That said, just because Marlon lost to Williams in college doesn’t mean it’ll continue. Jimmy Smith shut down AJ Green in college

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
These are very good points. I just think Marlon is really improving. However at this point in time maybe he's better matched up for Allen whereas Jimmy is better matched for Williams. Either way I just generally think our secondary is good enough that if we have a pass rush, we'll make them pay
Marlon has done very well against route runners, like goddamn incredible. Allen is the type of receiver I expect Marlon to completely dismantle, like to the tune of 2 catches for 8 yards, what he does against zone and other defenders is a different story

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlon has done very well against route runners, like goddamn incredible. Allen is the type of receiver I expect Marlon to completely dismantle, like to the tune of 2 catches for 8 yards, what he does against zone and other defenders is a different story
No chance a healthy Allen gets held to 8 yards. Barely healthy though, maybe

I just feel like a lot of people inside and outside the fanbase are writing this off as a loss (and therefore writing off our season). I'm not so sure. Yes the Chargers are all the rage right now, but we're playing some decent football right now. Not counting us out

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just feel like a lot of people inside and outside the fanbase are writing this off as a loss (and therefore writing off our season). I'm not so sure. Yes the Chargers are all the rage right now, but we're playing some decent football right now. Not counting us out
I’m not necessarily writing it off as an automatic loss per say, but I’m just not getting my hopes up. I’ll expect a close game resulting in a loss and not be surprised if we win. Better for my mental state that way.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think it’s a loss and I definitely think we can win but I felt better about beating KC than LAC but was worried of a TB trap. I think there’s legit chance we win this game but if I had to give a spitball prediction then I would say our chance to win is 48%. I don’t think this game will be a blowout unless we make it a blowout. I think both teams keep the game close and I think it’ll be a 3-point game. The key to this game is turnovers and we MUST limit them with Lamar. I think if we do that we will win but that means Lamar must be careful of Ingram, Bosa, King and James.

Agreed

But have this feeling flacco will come on and win the game somehow.

In lamar we trust
Nah, Joe won’t play unless absolutely necessary. Why risk him to injury and degrade his value when he’s gone.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have a really hard time believing that we can stop Rivers and the Chargers juggernaut. I'm not sure Gordon is healthy and playing because I haven't been following other teams lately. Lamar is entirely capable of helping us beat the Chargers. But, technically we are due a let down as a team. I say this because to me KC felt like a W even though it was an L. I'm hoping not though. The strange thing is we reach this point every year when we are in control of our own playoff destiny and fuck it up! I am just praying it isn't dejavu again where we miraculously beat the Chargers only to lose in the last minute to the rapidly improved Browns....

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, I can't post the Twitter link because I'm at work, but someone promised to buy Weddle an ice cream truck if we win the division. Weddle has been mostly trash all season, but I'm wondering if this extra motivation will help him play better down the stretch. lol

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I have a really hard time believing that we can stop Rivers and the Chargers juggernaut. I'm not sure Gordon is healthy and playing because I haven't been following other teams lately. Lamar is entirely capable of helping us beat the Chargers. But, technically we are due a let down as a team. I say this because to me KC felt like a W even though it was an L. I'm hoping not though. The strange thing is we reach this point every year when we are in control of our own playoff destiny and fuck it up! I am just praying it isn't dejavu again where we miraculously beat the Chargers only to lose in the last minute to the rapidly improved Browns....
Supposedly Gordon would have played last week if it wasn’t a Thursday game.