• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The O-Line Thread - Wild Card Round vs Chargers

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's simple really.

If you're great at your job eric, find the next Evan Mathis and Find the next Matt Birk

do that and watch everything be PISS easy. I challenge you eric DC

The good: Dammit the defense wasn’t just good they were fucking great. They deserved a better fate than this. Maybe Lamar’s near miss on redemption. I guess just having made the playoffs
The bad: Our STs supposed to be a difference maker was outside of Allen’s block a major issue. Bad return game (where was Moore?) our cover team and Justin’s miss was a long one but one he routinely makes and needed to make.
The ugly: O line Marty Lamar’s 3 quarters lost at sea.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The good: Dammit the defense wasn’t just good they were fucking great. They deserved a better fate than this. Maybe Lamar’s near miss on redemption. I guess just having made the playoffs
The bad: Our STs supposed to be a difference maker was outside of Allen’s block a major issue. Bad return game (where was Moore?) our cover team and Justin’s miss was a long one but one he routinely makes and needed to make.
The ugly: O line Marty Lamar’s 3 quarters lost at sea.

Yeah I’m not sure what the point of Moore being active was tbh - like if he’s not healthy enough to do the thing he’s most important at I.e. kick returns then why’s he active? Because if he can’t kick return and that’s his primary job then he’s definitely not gonna be a healthy receiving threat... Get a healthy body in there - like I know lasley hasn’t been activated all year but if Moore can’t go why hamstring the offence - or if Moore’s banged up why not activate both of them...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lol, I'm not going anywhere twitter and youtube either
Just started re-watch of Fringe. Weather is becoming nice, so when not working, I'm dropping the mooring buoy and am off.

Enjoy!
Gonna watch college championship - wait to see what the ravens put out inside the building and then probably pull back from the nfl cycle a little bit (or not who knows) - but if the mood takes me it might be time to start building the board for the 2019 draft and start studying pre-senior bowl

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm good. I think Harbaugh said it best when he said, "This team was as good as it could be"

I'm proud of this team. It was a team that over achieved. It was a team that won the division. Our win vs. The Browns ensured The Steelers not making the post season.

We caught lightning and went 6-1 down the stretch with a rookie at the helm. With Jackson as QB, we won every game we were "supposed" to win and played toe to toe with The Chargers and the Chiefs. There were no let downs in the regular season with Jackson as QB. There was/is an energy and excitement about our Ravens that I haven't felt in five years.

I'm not sure what on earth I expected would happen: an incredible run with this team winning the Super Bowl? This game was a little big for Jackson and he/we shot ourselves early. I was very impressed that our defense made key and crucial stops in three consecutive games that would seal the deal or as in the case of today's game, give The offense the ball back with a chance to win the game.

This offense has to define itself and was boxed in by its own success. What happened today was inevitable and we will bounce back.
Im very disappointed in the Ravens crowd booing. Most of it may have been aimed at play calling or the staff but it came across as being aimed at a rookie QB in his first playoff game.....The youngest QB ever to start a playoff game in the NFL as I understand it. It was uncalled for and not a little embarrassing.

I love the fight at the end and Jackson showed a ton on the second to last drive. A ton.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I just want to say FUCK those fair weather “fans” today that were booing Lamar and I applaud Jimmy for sticking up for his QB. Why would you do that to a rookie who got you to this point in the playoffs when we were left for dead with Flacco before his injury? Seriously, if you were one of those “fans”, fuck you.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im still pissed we got the shit end of the stick by having to play the chargers.

We are the damn 4th seed, yet we have to play the team with the best record in the conference in the wild card round. And probably the best overall team in the conference. Bull shit. Meanwhile the colts got to have a cakewalk against the Texans.

arnie_uk

Veteran
Offense and special teams were just bad. Defense is the only unit who really came to play. I don’t think the offensive line could have laid down a worse performance.
Special teams blocked a fg and a punt. They let up one return. Not even sure it cost us points

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Im still pissed we got the shit end of the stick by having to play the chargers.

We are the damn 4th seed, yet we have to play the team with the best record in the conference in the wild card round. And probably the best overall team in the conference. Bull shit. Meanwhile the colts got to have a cakewalk against the Texans.

Best WC team we've faced since Harbaugh got here.

This weekend taught me way too many teams play not to lose. Every year I'm shocked by how bad so many coaches are in the league yet they keep cycling thru these bums.

What a frustrating game, offense doing nothing for three quarters and making no adjustments was infuriating. Man, special teams was bipolar. Defence was great, shame the amount of field position O/ST gave the Chargers often leading to points despite giving up very little yards.

Losing by one score means I’ll be playing the what if game for sometime yet. Anyway I wrote us off after the Steelers lose so did better than I had anticipated.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
snap count: Maxx Wiliams 17 and Boyle 18. They were both integral parts of our successful offense and we only used them on 28 and 30% ,respectively. I don't get it we used a lot of motion pre snap in other games, but yesterday we barely used it. I would've used Maxx or Boyle as FB and crushed the Chargers S a few times. It was obvious we couldn't use the usual LG or LT pull because their LB aka S were too fast.