1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome Guest, thanks for stopping by. Be sure to sign up if you haven't already done so!
    Dismiss Notice

JoeyFlex Reaction Compilation

Discussion in 'Ravens Talk' started by SepticeyePoe, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Dom McRaven

Dom McRaven Ravens Ring of Honor

2. allblackraven

allblackraven Ravens Ring of Honor

Nah

He'll come around though

3. RavensMania

RavensMania Staff Member Moderator

this prediction was a days off

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  4. JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5 Hall of Famer

I’ll come around if he goddamn plays well. Or if wink schemes like a dream with him and makes him like ZDS on mega roids, which I think is the best case scenario for him, because he is not gonna be a regular edge rusher and be productive in the nfl, he’s gonna need to be dialed up

5. JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5 Hall of Famer

I had zero doubt in my mind we would draft Ferguson, I actually had a slight worry we would want him with our first. After we didn’t do that, I really thought we were gonna trade up for him. I thought it was obvious that we coveted him something serious

6. allblackraven

Yep, DeCosta said hat much in a post draft conf. If we had a 2nd round pick, he'd have took him there.

7. Dom McRaven

Dom McRaven Ravens Ring of Honor

I mean...........I was HOPING to not use the /s

8. JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5 Hall of Famer

And look how fucking stupid because nobody else thought he was a 2nd round talent smh

9. SepticeyePoe

SepticeyePoe Ravens Ring of Honor

@JoeyFlex5's brain right after the Ravens pick:

[​IMG]

10. allblackraven

Yep, all the other teams will again realise how stupid they were

11. Decosta delivered on the most important thing

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. rossihunter2

rossihunter2 Staff Member Moderator

Apparently we looked at trading up to go get Cody ford in the 2nd but the price was too dear

13. Edgar

Edgar MVP

Yeah. I'm a little put off by the argument that says,' Well, who would have gotten...it's only the sixth round..." If we are sitting with three sixth round picks and you want Galliard, for example, he was there for the taking with only a slight move.
    If Boykin is a stud then it clearly works but if he's a special teams guy only and can't get involved in the passing game as a rookie, I really question why you wouldn't sit and hope for to him to fall to you. Butler was on the board along with Boykin and Ridley.

It's clear they really wanted him or they specifically targeted his type of receiver so I'll be glad to say I was wrong when it works.

14. rossihunter2

rossihunter2 Staff Member Moderator

it may also have been a case of not needing 10 picks this year and the ravens realising they could package those picks into a move for a player they really liked - they evidently werent as into gaillard as we were else they would have taken him earlier - 8 draft picks is still a fairly large haul

15. Edgar

Edgar MVP

I'm just throwing Galliard out as example of an available guy. It's true they might not have wanted him.

16. Grim

Grim MVP

I think the truth is the Ravens didn't really see enough talent to go and draft a ton of dudes so they went and got someone they really wanted and avoided taking a chance on missing out on the guy for a couple 6th round picks. I think that's ultimately what it boils down to being the deciding factor. I loved Gaillard and would've loved him here, but the team didn't like him enough to get him and I'm OK with that. I think we went into this with a plan and executed our plan and that was it. It would've been great to get another OL, maybe make a move up from our 4th rounders but I think we were happy with how the draft went that we were complacent with our moves.

17. Lost_In_Translation

Lost_In_Translation Staff Member Administrator Writer

A+ draft grade from me

18. Lost_In_Translation

Lost_In_Translation Staff Member Administrator Writer

19. SepticeyePoe

SepticeyePoe Ravens Ring of Honor

Part 3: The Draft

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6